Question: Bama vs. Auburn matchup

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
Appearing unsightly by wearing orange? That's about it. Our players are prepared and can flat out block, run, pass, defend, etc better.

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
Only way I see this as competitive is if Auburn plays over their heads and we come out flat and turn the ball over, giving them some cheap scores. Short of that, this should be a cakewalk.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
What's the problem Auburn may give us tomorrow. Honestly, I've got nothing. I expect a blow out.
Going up tempo with no huddle and taking advantage of mismatches in pass coverage when one of our LB's or Safeties is on a WR. LSU and A&M exposed a couple of our guys pass coverage ability.

Throw in our inability to get to the QB at times and the Barn could make some plays. As bad as they are they still have some talented playmakers on offense.

They won't beat us...or at least they shouldn't....but I won't be surprised at all if the game is relatively close for 2-3 quarters because we may come out sleepwalking as 32 point favorites and it just seems like we have lost some swagger.

I'm thinking 'Bama 30-17 although I'd much rather see a 56-0 beatdown like everyone else.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
The only thing that concerns me regarding the barn game is injuries.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using Tapatalk 2
Considering that they're the dirtiest playing team in the NCAA outside the cities of Miami and Los Angeles?

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
My biggest worry is that the team will be confused by how horrible Auburn is, swearing that we are supposed to be playing an SEC team today. They might leave the stadium looking for the actual team, causing us to forfeit.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Assuming we come in ready to play this game and drop the hammer early, I expect we'll not see AJ at all in the second half.

Should be like last year, though I'm thinking they won't get a couple of lucky scores.

I AM SPARTACUS!

Scout Team
Oct 2, 2000
Hamilton, Georgia
Auburn actually has some talent at some positions--certainly not Alabama-level talent, but more talent than their record would suggest. Their problem is that 90% of the team quit a long time ago. If Auburn's coaches can somehow inspire the team to come out and play and Alabama comes out flat, they have an outside (WAY outside) shot to win. If Auburn's fire is anywhere close to what they have shown the rest of the year, Alabama could come out flat and still cruise. My guess is that Auburn will come out with a little fire, but there is no way Alabama plays flat with 2 potential championships on the line. I think Alabama will take control fairly early and then Auburn will quit again. This will not be pretty for Auburn fans.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Forgive my ignorance, but hasn't Coach Saban and the team emphasized "never again?" That would tell me they are focused and with the rest the starters got only playing less than a half, it would seem the intensity would be there.

I AM SPARTACUS!

Scout Team
Oct 2, 2000
Hamilton, Georgia
Forgive my ignorance, but hasn't Coach Saban and the team emphasized "never again?" That would tell me they are focused and with the rest the starters got only playing less than a half, it would seem the intensity would be there.
Bingo. We are just throwing "what-if" scenarios out there. I think we all expect the Tide to come out and take care of business.

Last edited:

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Match up?

They don't have the same talent level overall and not even close on depth. Thay have playmakers that could break a long one but won't be able to sustain anything offensively. The only phase of the game I wish we were stronger is the pass rush.

Our running game is going to be paramount in this one. Keep their defense, especially LB's and DB's, on their heels with play action and slip screens and they'll wear down rather quickly mentally and physically. Drop a couple mid-range passes in the mix occasionally and we should dominate.

RTR!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.