Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team BruinTide's Avatar

Greetings From the West Coast (First Post)

Just wanted to wish all Bama fans across the nation/world good luck tomorrow. I'm a lifelong UCLA Bruin fan/grad and have always followed the traditional rivalries in cfb. As for the Alabama/Auburn rivalry, i've always pulled for Bama. Auburn always gave me the same disgusting feeling i got when i saw those ketchup and mustard uniforms of those cheating, lying, spoiled nimrods across town. I live in a bandwagon southern cal area, so it's great to be able to enjoy not only Bruin wins, but Bama wins as well.

These days, i have a real reason to make the Crimson Tide my 2nd favorite team. My nephew attends Alabama! He absolutely loves it there and speaks in glowing terms of the people in Alabama. My brothers and I are hoping to get out to a game next year and it would be great if you are back-to-back National Champs when we get there. If that isn't incentive for you to run the table, i don't know what is. lol

We're on cloud 9 right now with our win over southern cal (they HATE being called that, btw) with what Coach Jim Mora has accomplished already. Funny thing, Mora calls them that all the time. He plays it off as if he doesn't realize what he's doing, but we all know better. Even the players refer to that name whenever they mention that hellhole of a school. Our next two games will be tough, but win or lose, the culture surrounding the football program has done a complete 180 in less than a year.

Not sure if you heard about Mora's interview on the Dan Patrisk Show, but it was great, especially the ending.

If you don't want to listen to the entire interview, start at about 6:00 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L7OIwxUAyo

Go Bruins and Roll Tide Roll !

2. Advertisement
    FB | REC Moderator

Re: Greetings From the West Coast (First Post)

Welcome aboard

And , yes , Mora really has been impressive . Good luck against Stanford .
    "I know there's tremendous expectations here for what you would like to accomplish with this football program . I can tell you that however you feel about it , I have even higher expectations for what we want to accomplish . I want to win every game we play ." - Nick Saban 1/4/07

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Welcome to the board. Thanks for the heads up on the Southern Cal thing - anything to ruffle the feathers of Trojans is fun for me. Coach Mora has done a great job at UCLA, and here's wishing you luck the rest of the way!
    “And the roses in this grand ol’ stadium are once again Crimson!” - Eli Gold, Jan 7th, 2010

Alabama wasn’t just dominating Monday night. They were some word that has yet to be invented in the English language. - Aaron Torres, Jan 10th, 2012

"If this was a prize fight, they'd call it off!" - Brent Musberger, Jan 7th, 2013

Yeah, years ago they actually requested that the media not use the term "southern cal" when referring to their school.

Being located in quite possibly the worst area of SoCal, they should be happy to be called southern cal.

Quote Originally Posted by LCN View Post
    Welcome aboard

And , yes , Mora really has been impressive . Good luck against Stanford .
    Thanks. should be a tough game. We haven't had much luck against them lately. Then again, we haven't had much luck again most teams .

BamaNation First Team

I live in Cal also. And I agree southern cal is in one of the worst areas in the whole state. I always pull for UCLA when they play the trojans.

Suspended
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Great avatar

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by BruinTide View Post
    Just wanted to wish all Bama fans across the nation/world good luck tomorrow. I'm a lifelong UCLA Bruin fan/grad and have always followed the traditional rivalries in cfb. As for the Alabama/Auburn rivalry, i've always pulled for Bama. Auburn always gave me the same disgusting feeling i got when i saw those ketchup and mustard uniforms of those cheating, lying, spoiled nimrods across town. I live in a bandwagon southern cal area, so it's great to be able to enjoy not only Bruin wins, but Bama wins as well.

These days, i have a real reason to make the Crimson Tide my 2nd favorite team. My nephew attends Alabama! He absolutely loves it there and speaks in glowing terms of the people in Alabama. My brothers and I are hoping to get out to a game next year and it would be great if you are back-to-back National Champs when we get there. If that isn't incentive for you to run the table, i don't know what is. lol

We're on cloud 9 right now with our win over southern cal (they HATE being called that, btw) with what Coach Jim Mora has accomplished already. Funny thing, Mora calls them that all the time. He plays it off as if he doesn't realize what he's doing, but we all know better. Even the players refer to that name whenever they mention that hellhole of a school. Our next two games will be tough, but win or lose, the culture surrounding the football program has done a complete 180 in less than a year.

Not sure if you heard about Mora's interview on the Dan Patrisk Show, but it was great, especially the ending.

If you don't want to listen to the entire interview, start at about 6:00 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L7OIwxUAyo

Go Bruins and Roll Tide Roll !
    Bruintide, you need to tell it like it is and quit holding back!!
    "You don't have to have a good memory if you are truthful"

BamaNation All-American 1FitToBeTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Welcome to Tidefans, BruinTide. I have SoCal connections with a nephew who graduated from UCLA School of Law and is practicing in the Burbank area.

Glad to see the Bruins stir things up out there again. Whole lot of shakin' going on since Coach Mora came to town.

"When you are arguing against Him, you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all." C.S. Lewis

"Aim at Heaven and you will get Earth thrown in. Aim at Earth and you will get neither." C.S Lewis

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Glad to see Coach Mora doing so well. Always like him! Good luck the rest of the season!

BamaNation All-SEC

Welcome! I was glad to see Southern Cal take a beating. I dislike them and their idiot coach.

BamaNation All-American CaliforniaTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Welcome to the board BruinTide. I come from a USC family, so I'll offer congrats on the win y'all had last weekend. But my first school is Alabama, being a two-time graduate of the school. This is the best Alabama board, with lots of good opinions, and jokes, being shared. Roll Tide!
    It's the edge of the world
    And all of Western civilization
    The sun may rise in the East
    At least it settles in its final location
    It's understood that Hollywood
    Sells Californication - Red Hot Chili Peppers in Californication

Look at that dude go all Dareus on that colt...

BamaNation Second Team UnNFormedFan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Welcome Bruin, I have never liked southern cal and now i will always call them that. Glad your nephew is having a good time in our great state. We too hope to be back to back champs when you get to come next year.
    Non-poster