ESPN College Gameday (Only Pollack) Disrespects Tide

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Re: ESPN Coolege Gameday Disrespects Tide

I refuse to be impressed with UGA.
im glad someone is with me on that. i would still argue that we are the best team in the nation and that there are at least a couple of teams between us and UGA. consensus at the beginning of the year was that UGA would skate to the SECCG with no or maybe one loss. UGA has looked "good" against auburn and Ga Tech the last two games and that's about it. they have looked mediocre against the rest of their competition, but now they are "clicking". I'm not buying the "conventional wisdom" that seems to have taken hold of the sports world.

Last edited:

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu

If you disrespect the Tide you disrespect yo-self!!

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

To play devil's advocate and try to come at it from an outsider. In our two toughest games (LSU & aTm) we lost one and won one and looked suspect in both. Our best showing against a "good team" is Michigan. Florida physically beat down LSU in the second half of that game. They beat aTm (we lost to) and beat a South Carolina team that has been ranked within the top ten for most of the year.

Currently Florida has beaten the #7, #9 and #12 team in the country. We've beaten the #7 and #19 team in the country. Unfortunately I'm not sure anybody outside of us really cares about the timing of when one team played another team. By the time aTm played us they had played 9 or 10 consecutive games without a bye. So it is what it is. Let's just handle business, win out and it won't matter.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I'm sure you missed Spencer Tillman's remark "If Auburn can pass on Alabama, Georgia can pass on Alabama." Now, Spencer, how many passes was that they completed? Exactly? :D

BamaJeff

Hall of Fame
Oct 12, 1999
Dothan, AL.

I'm sure you missed Spencer Tillman's remark "If Auburn can pass on Alabama, Georgia can pass on Alabama." Now, Spencer, how many passes was that they completed? Exactly? :D
I thought he said LSU. Maybe I misunderstood.

GADAWG1980

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2011
Between the hedges

Pollack has been ...quite frankly....annoying this year. Probably because his Bulldogs are in the hunt...finally.

I just will ignore his comments and like to see what he says next Sunday. :)
We have been in the hunt on several occasions other than this year. Disregard what pollock says he is a pompous jerk and is disliked by many of us. Incredibly,he badmouths us more than any of the other supposed espn experts besides lou holtz. He is floridas number one backer out of all those espn gasbags. He said that of all the one loss teams florida deserved to be playing for the mnc more than any of the others. Im sorry but any team that has to have a blocked punt returned for a touchdown against louisiana lafayette at home on the last play of regulation does not deserve to be playing for the national championship in my opinion. The week before that the gators were taken all the way to the finish by missouri and almost lost,once again,at home to the tigers. They just got by them 14-7. Of course pollack never brings those two games up when hes talking up his beloved gators:rolleyes:.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana

I don't mind his giving his opinion.
It's the way he says it that annoys me. You can pull for your team and still be reasoned.
Pollack is overly sensitive. I actually like the way Samantha Steele gigs him.
I'd like Samantha Steele to gig me... jus sayin :wink:

FF4bama

1st Team
Sep 13, 2012

Originally Posted by Ldlane

Im impressed with their potential. I still expect Alabama to take care of business.

Potential=French for "not worth a crap..."

Last edited:

GADAWG1980

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2011
Between the hedges

UGHA is killing GT right now...I have told many UGHA friends of mine the past month...you better be careful what you wish for. You should have learned from the blackout game but apparently you did not!
Actually,aside from the blackout game of 08,we have played well against you guys since coach richt has been here. Ive gotta be honest and say i dont think we have much of a chance of beating you guys,especially after i what ive seen today!! That was a very impressive dismantling of heartburn today. You guys couldve scored 70 points today against them if coach saban wanted too. I dont like our chances against yall next saturday at all.

TideprideRTR

1st Team
Sep 8, 2010
GA

After watching USC vs ND game tonight I'd have to agree. LSU, UGA, Bama, and maybe A&M. I'm still not sold on A&M, but I have only seen them play one game- when they beat Bama...

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

Originally Posted by Ldlane

Im impressed with their potential. I still expect Alabama to take care of business.

Potential=French for "not worth a crap..."
After LSU and Texas A&M I will not say an 11-1 team is "not worth a crap."

They are plenty good enough to beat Alabama. That's really enough said.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.