Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team

Would Saban take Sal Sunseri back?

If Kirby Smart took an offer as a Head Coach. Do any of you think Saban would consider bringing Sal Sunseri back as DC? I know he had a rough season at 10rc, but they don't have the talent or the know how to run the 3-4 defense.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonSEC's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Re: Would Saban take Sal Sunseri back?

I believe he would take him back, not so sure about hiring him as DC though.
    Lee

"A long way," he said after being asked how far the Crimson Tide had come since Coach Nick Saban arrived three years ago. "I guess you could say it's the distance from Shreveport to Pasadena."
    Mike Johnson

I don't think he'd become DC. He took the UT job because he didn't have a future as DC here. Of course, I guess things could have changed. Would you be happy with him at DC after his UT stint?
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

BamaNation Second Team

I would love to have him back on the staff, but I see no openings. I for one think Kirby last name fits him - Smart. Why take a dead end job when you will be one of the highest paid assistants in college football.

It depends on their relationship imo, much more so than the OC. So it depends on what Coach Saban sees in Sal and if he believes they could work together.

No not happy as a DC. NO, no, no. UT was Horrible on defense regardless of talent, depth or any other excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonman38 View Post
    I would love to have him back on the staff, but I see no openings. I for one think Kirby last name fits him - Smart. Why take a dead end job when you will be one of the highest paid assistants in college football.
    $,$$$,$$$

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

I might be completely off base in my view, but I've always seen Sunseri as a fantastic position coach... not a coordinator.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation All-American mikeua69's Avatar

I would like him back as a position coach. Its hard to tell if he's really that bad as a DC. He's trying to run Saban's defense with a bunch of awful players at Tennessee.
    RTR

BamaNation Second Team

Mike I do agree with you on that

Quote Originally Posted by mikeua69 View Post
    I would like him back as a position coach. Its hard to tell if he's really that bad as a DC. He's trying to run Saban's defense with a bunch of awful players at Tennessee.
    A coordinator fits his scheme to his talent. Did he do that at UT?
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by mikeua69 View Post
    So UT defense is all on the players?

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I think Saban would take him back, but NO WAY would he hire him for the DC job.