****Official PostGame Thread - Bama vs. the barn****

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011
Re: Kenny Bell out 5-6 weeks (ESPN)

That stinks for the WR core but I wish the kid a speedy recovery!

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
Re: Kenny Bell out 5-6 weeks (ESPN)

Alabama wide receiver Kenny Bell will miss the next five to six weeks after suffering a broken leg against Auburn on Saturday, according to coach Nick Saban.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Crazy Stat!

@Andrew_Gribble: Scary/weird stat: Alabama won its last two games 49-0 and allowed the same number of yards (163) in each one.

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
With our starters and normal offense, it would have been much worse than 60...
What was up with AU leaving their starters in? If you play reserves down 42-0 maybe one of them makes a play or something. Or maybe your future sucks a bit less.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Made some Aubs mad on Facebook. Funny how I make the below comment, and the same guy that had comments about the refs being pro-Bama and a sarcastic picture of AJ's tattoo.

Rumors are Chizik has been fired. Word is Auburn is using farmersonly.com as its search firm to find its next coach.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I think they were just trying to hold the score down any way they could...
And they wonder why they'll suck so bad when these Seniors leave, etc. We are good and our backups are so good because they play so much. While teams like aTm leave Johnny Football in long past the time the game was over trying to build stats we are playing the younger guys and letting them get experience. That's why teams like aTm will never win a title and we'll be competing each and every year. I'll take wins over stats anyday.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
And they wonder why they'll suck so bad when these Seniors leave, etc. We are good and our backups are so good because they play so much. While teams like aTm leave Johnny Football in long past the time the game was over trying to build stats we are playing the younger guys and letting them get experience. That's why teams like aTm will never win a title and we'll be competing each and every year. I'll take wins over stats anyday.
A&M only started keeping Manziel in the game late after the Bama game when he began getting the Heisman talk.

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.
Not much to say after that beatdown. Great win for the Tide. Two more to go. Hate it for KB and the team. I'm sure someone will step up...they always do. I knew the Aubbies were bad...but I didn't think they were that bad.

It's on us...we need to throttle them Dawgs. I think Bama basketball plays Cincinnati Saturday at 2:00 CT on ESPN2. Those not going to Atlanta...rest up your clicker finger...hahahaha. RTR!!! :BigA:

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
As an old timer, these type blow outs over Auburn do not come that often. Let's enjoy while we can. I can only say that it will be fun watching the scrambling going on for next several months to find a coach that will be willing to go into Auburn to fix that mess.

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
What a great game, I couldn't stop laughing at some points. I wish every Iron Bowl could be this much fun.

I hated seeing the upper deck endzone corner mostly empty again... and again... and again. I get it, the students don't want to sit up there, fine but, the school needs to take those tickets away and sell them to folks who would have no problem sitting up there. It looks horrible and is sad to see the same corner with plenty of empty seats at every home game.

Anyway, time to grill some dogs! Roll Tide Roll!!
I agree! I can (almost) understand it against W. Carolina, but this was Allbarn, for God's sake! There's absolutely no reason for all those empty seats. Sell tickets for those seats - it's apparent there's not enough students that care enough to show up. It's embarrassing!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I got there early to get a decent lower bowl seat in the student section (right when the gates opened at 12pm). The section went from relatively comfortable to bow-to-bow by kickoff. The University has to do a better job of cutting off the lower bowl when it gets to written capacity. They probably need to end non-reserved seating in the student section and give out the seats by credit hours.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I saw the empty corner. I knew someone would make a comment about the students not caring.

I should add that the lower bowl section of the student section looked on TV to be full late in the game while the rest of the stadium was emptying. Guess those fans don't care about the team.

Al Becker

3rd Team
Jan 25, 2011
Trussville, Al.
I believe that it has been discussed in another thread, but those tickets were used. At least in the big conference games even though the seats up high are empty. If you look closely the density of the students in the lower level is clearly higher that fans in other portions of the stadium. In other words the students get in the stadium and then crowd into the lower level. I agree that in some game the entire student section is too sparse, but not for barn A&M and MSU.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.