Game Thread: The Egg Bowl: Mississippi State vs. Ole Miss

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Looks like this one is going to be intense.

Tate's been changing up their uniforms all year.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Wallace just made a terrible throw. With msu already up one score, I expect if they score here, they'll keep ole miss at arms distance.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Ole Miss pulling away with this one.

What kind of bowl game will they get with 3 SEC wins and an overall 6-6 record?

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Good for Freeze, he is a good coach. And good for the SEC to have another bowl eligible team.

So all the non bowl teams have fired coaches. Fitting.

scratch that...Mizzou is not going to a bowl.

Last edited:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I agree Mom, Hugh Freeze has proved he is well worth the money so far. If he gets a good QB and a few defensive players they could make alittle noise.

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
I agree Mom, Hugh Freeze has proved he is well worth the money so far. If he gets a good QB and a few defensive players they could make alittle noise.
Yep. They're about 25 players down in terms of scholarship players this year. Nutt should be flogged; he retired a couple of years ago...just forgot to tell his employer. What's more, Freeze severely outcoached Mullen tonight, which is hilarious to me, as Mullen has been a public jack-arse who's made his seasons all about beating Ole Miss.

Funny comeuppance near the end of the game: it seems the vid board played a loop of Mullen holding the Egg Bowl trophy & saying "We'll never lose this trophy again" with the trombone sad music after each time.

Phil4Bama

Nov 25, 2007
Denzel Nkemdiche told a reporter after the game that his brother Robert would commit to Ole Miss in two weeks. How's that for an Egg Bowl surprise? The number one player in the country! Ole Miss has never had such a highly ranked recruit and it would vault their class into near top ten if not top ten status. Freeze has it rolling. http://ow.ly/fy9VJ

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.