Jeremy Shelley Appreciation Thread

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
he finished the regular season perfect on field goals and ep attempts. hopefully he keeps going through the post season. is this a first for a bama kicker? i remember in the early 80s someone (peter kim?) being "automatic", but don't know if they had no misses.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Re: props to jeremy shelley

he finished the regular season perfect on field goals and ep attempts. hopefully he keeps going through the post season. is this a first for a bama kicker? i remember in the early 80s someone (peter kim?) being "automatic", but don't know if they had no misses.
It's pretty ridiculous - shocked he was left out as a finalist for the Lou Groza Award this year.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

Props to him, he definitely had been clutch for us starting with the bcs championship game. I am glad we didn't need him more this year. Lol.

MasterGracey

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 24, 2011
props to jeremy shelley

Did we not miss a PAT earlier in year? Maybe he didn't kick it but could swear we missed one.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

He has half as many field goals as the other guys, but that is because we haven't needed field goals as much.
But he is perfect on FG's AND XP's. They basically have FG's in the 20's to Shelley's teens, and he has matched them on XP's and is perfect compared to each finalist missing both at least a FG and XP or more. Being perfect says something.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
don't know about the FG, but at one point in the 80s we went several years w/o missing an an XP. We had the NCAA record for a while.

BAMA1979

All-American
Nov 15, 2006
Mobile
He might not have enough field goal attempts to qualify. Not sure what the Groza qualifications are. Still an incredible season though.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
I thought it was the kid from Pelham, we had during our 1992 championship season, that had an insane streak of XPs.

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
Here's my note of appreciation. It is still football. Place kicking and punting shows up more in the most competitive games. Here's to Jeremy having his A Game ready for Georgia.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
My appreciation is that I was calling for a kicker upgrade at the start of the season. Well, we got one - with the same guy. Excellent performance.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.