Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation First Team lincoln_osiris's Avatar
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

Re: Believe it or not, even Heath Evans

I heard Fisher today from a friend. But only if they clean house and he brings his own AD. Would probably be their best move, if it is even fathomable, but I don't see the power brokers on the plains giving up the control. Also heard Mike Stoops. Probably more realistic.
    I'm a lead farmer

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Third Team Phil4Bama's Avatar

Some Auburn fans calling for Heath Evans to coach

Petrino and Auburn are made for each other. Petrino is desperate to get back into coaching and Auburn is desperate for a coach. Petrino would sell his soul to the devil for another chance and AU would sell theirs to win. AU doesn't mind character issues, Petrino is a character issue.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Re: Some Auburn fans calling for Heath Evans to coach

Not so fast my friends, we forget that Aubie can dazzle a top notch HC with their ALL IN-ness and fambley atomsphere. They are already launching a nationwide search for the best football coach in America and money is no object. No, wait, I am confusing the last HC search. My bad.
    An atheist is a man who has no invisible means of support. John Buchan

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Some Auburn fans calling for Heath Evans to coach

barner Will Collier is tweeting that he is hearing Chiz has been fired.

https://twitter.com/willcollier
    “And the roses in this grand ol’ stadium are once again Crimson!” - Eli Gold, Jan 7th, 2010

Alabama wasn’t just dominating Monday night. They were some word that has yet to be invented in the English language. - Aaron Torres, Jan 10th, 2012

"If this was a prize fight, they'd call it off!" - Brent Musberger, Jan 7th, 2013

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln osiris View Post
    I heard Fisher today from a friend. But only if they clean house and he brings his own AD. Would probably be their best move, if it is even fathomable, but I don't see the power brokers on the plains giving up the control. Also heard Mike Stoops. Probably more realistic.
    I'm sure the OU fans would pay for the move. They are ready to run him out on a rail...
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation All-SEC UA All the Way's Avatar

The truth is Auburn is going to be hard pressed to find a top flight coach. Let's look at the facts:

1. You have to come in and coach and recruit against Nick Saban. At the end of the day this is the single biggest obstacle Auburn faces in getting a half way decent coach.
    2. Tenn, Arky, Kentucky are all looking for coaches too. Look for Tenn and Arky to open the pocketbooks.
    3. NCAA investigation into Auburn's program.
    4. Auburn's good old boy network is the real power. Any coach would know he would limited in his authority because of them. Coaches are a small click, they talk, and most know full well what coaching at Auburn is like (ask Tuberville or Chizik).
    5. Recruiting problems. Once again you are up against Saban, and LSU, UGA, UF, etc all clicking and locking down recruits.
    6. Current roster problems. I don't buy the argument that Auburn has a roster just full of 4 and 5 * players who just need a little bit of good coaching to turn the program around in a year. The team appears to be full of busts and folks with serious character issues. Much like Coach Saban had to purge players early on who wouldn't buy in, any coach at Auburn will do the same.

The truth is Auburn is unlikely to get a top flight coach. History should be enough to show Auburn has never hired a home run. Add all the problems within the program and Auburn is looking at very difficult situation.
    “We will get there…I promise you that.” -Coach Saban

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

BamaNation All-American

Malzahn is making more and more sense.

BamaNation All-SEC RammerJammer15's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Well....
    Auburn calls team meeting where it is expected players will be told Gene Chizik will NOT return, a source says (via @schadjoe)

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

ESPN is reporting it now.
    “And the roses in this grand ol’ stadium are once again Crimson!” - Eli Gold, Jan 7th, 2010

Alabama wasn’t just dominating Monday night. They were some word that has yet to be invented in the English language. - Aaron Torres, Jan 10th, 2012

"If this was a prize fight, they'd call it off!" - Brent Musberger, Jan 7th, 2013