Some Auburn fans calling for Heath Evans to coach

Mitch

Oct 6, 2012
Yes, it is so bad at Auburn that some of their fans are even calling for former "standout" Heath Evans to be the new head coach.

Seriously.

From a thread at an Auburn football forum:
"At this point I have to question if we as Auburn fans even have any balls. We should be nothing short of IRATE at this season. I expected to lose, but not like this. I want Gene GONE! I am embarassed for Auburn fans for what I saw today! Bring in Heath Evans, even with no coaching experience, and we have a shot at building some character in these young men! Welcome to yet ANOTHER historic record that has been shattered under this man's comedy of errors. We have NEVER lost to UA like this! Unbelievable!"

Here's your link:
http://auburnfootballfanforum.yuku.com/topic/24449/We-need-to-be-angry

Cecil's comments about Alabama dominating the series for a while might be spot-on.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Re: Believe it or not, even Heath Evans

I told my barner cousins (most of my family is from the area and are barners) that we were willing to pony up cash for them to keep chiznik but they didn't like the idea.

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.

With their problems with NCAA they are going to have a problem finding a coach willing to accept their head coaching job. All-Barn has got some big problems on their hands.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

With their problems with NCAA they are going to have a problem finding a coach willing to accept their head coaching job. All-Barn has got some big problems on their hands.
Agree, but think the lack of control for the HC (Dye, Lowder, Raines, McWhorter, et. al.) and the NCAA issues will compound the problem.

No way a first-rate HC takes that job. Talk about being hoist by one's own petard. Karma really is a female pit bull when you rub her nose in it.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

Agree, but think the lack of control for the HC (Dye, Lowder, Raines, McWhorter, et. al.) and the NCAA issues will compound the problem.

No way a first-rate HC takes that job. Talk about being hoist by one's own petard. Karma really is a female pit bull when you rub her nose in it.
I agree. They seem to think they'll be able to get a "top notch" coach, but I'm not even sure Petrino would take this job right now. They are in deep, very deep, and with NCAA sanctions it makes it even deeper. They are nuts to think some top of his game head coach would jump into that mess.

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011

After the 49-0 beating we put on then they will be forced to get rid of Chiznips as soon as possible.
The fans are ready to lynch the guy, they will have to pay the money and put him on the road.
They should lose a few recruits in the process, and with the NCAA snooping around, no legit coach will touch the job right now.

Talk about a first class mess they have right now.

It's so bad, i don't see any move they can make that would make the fan base happy, those guys want Jeff Fisher LOL.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

Right now, a lot of coaches will look at going to Auburn, like going to Ky. (Career Suicide...)

Any improvement by a new coach will make them think they have 'another' winner... ;)
Expectations have reached a new low... S.N.A.S.S.

lincoln_osiris

1st Team
Feb 11, 2009

I heard Fisher today from a friend. But only if they clean house and he brings his own AD. Would probably be their best move, if it is even fathomable, but I don't see the power brokers on the plains giving up the control. Also heard Mike Stoops. Probably more realistic.

Phil4Bama

Nov 25, 2007
Petrino and Auburn are made for each other. Petrino is desperate to get back into coaching and Auburn is desperate for a coach. Petrino would sell his soul to the devil for another chance and AU would sell theirs to win. AU doesn't mind character issues, Petrino is a character issue.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Not so fast my friends, we forget that Aubie can dazzle a top notch HC with their ALL IN-ness and fambley atomsphere. They are already launching a nationwide search for the best football coach in America and money is no object. No, wait, I am confusing the last HC search. My bad.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

I heard Fisher today from a friend. But only if they clean house and he brings his own AD. Would probably be their best move, if it is even fathomable, but I don't see the power brokers on the plains giving up the control. Also heard Mike Stoops. Probably more realistic.
I'm sure the OU fans would pay for the move. They are ready to run him out on a rail...

UA All the Way

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2005
Las Vegas

The truth is Auburn is going to be hard pressed to find a top flight coach. Let's look at the facts:

1. You have to come in and coach and recruit against Nick Saban. At the end of the day this is the single biggest obstacle Auburn faces in getting a half way decent coach.
2. Tenn, Arky, Kentucky are all looking for coaches too. Look for Tenn and Arky to open the pocketbooks.
3. NCAA investigation into Auburn's program.
4. Auburn's good old boy network is the real power. Any coach would know he would limited in his authority because of them. Coaches are a small click, they talk, and most know full well what coaching at Auburn is like (ask Tuberville or Chizik).
5. Recruiting problems. Once again you are up against Saban, and LSU, UGA, UF, etc all clicking and locking down recruits.
6. Current roster problems. I don't buy the argument that Auburn has a roster just full of 4 and 5 * players who just need a little bit of good coaching to turn the program around in a year. The team appears to be full of busts and folks with serious character issues. Much like Coach Saban had to purge players early on who wouldn't buy in, any coach at Auburn will do the same.

The truth is Auburn is unlikely to get a top flight coach. History should be enough to show Auburn has never hired a home run. Add all the problems within the program and Auburn is looking at very difficult situation.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.