Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team 4thGenBamaGrad's Avatar

SEC ended any argument about their justification in the polls today

Nice job by the SEC in their 4 matchups against the ACC today (including Vandy)!

SEC will end up with 6 teams in the Top 10 of the final BCS standings. All of the losses incurred by these teams' were at the hands of these 6 teams.

All of which makes it hard for even the SEC-bashers (including the ones who are propagating the recent meme of SEC favorable conference game scheduling tactics) to make the case for anyone other than the SEC champion in the title game..

Look forward to seeing these teams take care of business in the post-season.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonSEC's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: SEC ended any argument about their justification in the polls today

Well said. i know some don't care for how the rest of the conference does, but today showed that if you can navigate through the SEC with success, you're among the best in the nation.
    Lee

"A long way," he said after being asked how far the Crimson Tide had come since Coach Nick Saban arrived three years ago. "I guess you could say it's the distance from Shreveport to Pasadena."
    Mike Johnson

BamaNation All-SEC

S-E-C!! S-E-C!! Can't wait for Bama to claim the conference championship next week and then the SEVENTH STRAIGHT national title for the SEC!! Best conference in college football by far!!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!

BamaNation All-SEC KrimsonNinja's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

'Year of the SEC'

#2 Alabama: 11-1
    #3 Georgia: 11-1
    #4 Florida: 11-1
    #7 LSU: 10-2
    #9 Texas A&M: 10-2
    #12 South Carolina: 10-2
    Miss State: 8-4
    Vanderbilt: 8-4

(rankings will most likely change tomorrow)

I post all these records to prove a point. I've read and heard people say the SEC is "top heavy" and only have 3 or 4 good teams then say the rest of the conference sucks. I hate that statement. The top 7 SEC teams only lost to teams in the SEC. Vandy only lost 1 out of conference game and have a winning conference record of 5-3.

The SEC will put a team in the National Title Game regardless of the outcome of the SECCG. Either Alabama or Georgia will go. And this will be the 7th consecutive year an SEC team competes for the Title and it gives them a chance to win 7 in a row. How can anyone with a brain in their head not realize the SEC is the best conference in the nation? After 6 years you would think they would understand.

Roll Tide Roll! SEC! SEC! SEC!
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

BamaNation All-American RogueElephant's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

No one with any knowledge of college football can say the SEC is not the top conference in football.
    Why did Tennessee choose orange as their team color? You can wear it to the game on Saturday, hunting on Sunday, and picking up trash along the highways the rest of the week.

The avatar is my former assistant who I think of as my adopted daugther. She is smart, funny, likeable and a Acct & Finance grad of Fullerton and given the right guidance would light the world on fire. Just don't tell her I said that.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The SEC dominated today.
    I love hearing that VANDY blew someone out of the water.

The SEC haters hit that proverbial brick wall today...

Our bench finished off an Auburn team that was both clueless, undisciplined and frustrated.
    Like the Auburn fans their team clearly had rather have been somewhere else...
    Our win over Auburn was the 'POOP' on top of Chiziks resume...
    (He's gonna need that soon, the resume that is...)

'So long Ferret Face'... (Best line from MASH)
    Last edited by Ole Man Dan; November 24th, 2012 at 11:34 PM. Reason: format

My Mood
    Paranoid on TideFans.com

The 5th and 6th SEC team was better than any SEC team in that slot as far as I can recall. You can argue that the SEC has been better at the very top (last year for example), but I don't think you can find any years in which 4-6 were that good. The fact is any of those 6 teams could be title contenders in another conference. The ACC match-ups really showed a whole lot.

Auburn and Tennessee probably say the most though. Yes, Auburn was terrible but they played Clemson close and won their other three OOC. Clemson beat 9 teams by more than they beat Auburn. Auburn probably has a winning record playing in the ACC. Tennessee? They won all their OOC games, including a 7-5 NC State team that knocked off FSU, but they only muster one SEC win. They play in the ACC? I'm betting winning record as well. It just speaks to the dominance of the SEC, as you have to be extremely good to win at all.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

No question the ACC, including FSU, is now on par with the Big East.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation Third Team

SEC ended any argument about their justification in the polls today

And the B1G is right in there with them as well!

BamaNation First Team 4thGenBamaGrad's Avatar

And let's not forget who gave Kent State their only loss (Kentucy, by a score of 47-14) and lowly Missouri's win over mid-tier PAC-12 team Arizona State.

BamaNation First Team CrimSonami's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RogueElephant View Post
    No one with any knowledge of college football can say the SEC is not the top conference in football.
    Having the knowledge is one thing. Using that knowledge in an intellegent manner is another. There are those out there who will always be biased regardless of W/L record, BCS ranking or SOS relative to the SEC. Most all CFB fans outside the SEC banner are aching for a different flag to wave at the end of the year. This won't be the year. The domers are independent so should they win that will create an all new argument. Yes I know we didn't play in or win our conference game last year but being independent guarantees that 13th game won't be played prior to the bowl game.

The facts dont lie. The SEC is, without a doubt, the strongest overall conference.

RTR!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

A Hornfan understands why Texas A&M has better recond than Texas:

They're in an easier conference when it comes to offenses. Nothing to fear in being scored on.

The most points scored on them all season was 57 by La. Tech of WAC. Prior to tonight's game with Missouri, all 7 of their SEC opponents TOGETHER have only scored 139 total.

In the SEC they've had these whopping points scored on them:
    20, Florida
    10, Arkansas
    27, Ole Miss
    24, LSU
    21, Auburn
    13, Miss. State
    24, Alabama

Avg. 19.89 pts per game... call it 20.

So, they're in a conference that averages 3 touchdowns a game scoring against them. Big 12 teams would score that on them in 20 minutes of play.

Maybe they've come up with a stellar defense in one year. But I doubt it. The SEC just can't throw up points, not on a scale and with regularity as in the Big 12. I can't name two quarterbacks in the SEC outside of A&M and Alabama's. Mettz..whatever for LSU. Oh, Watson from Ole Miss. But other than Manziel there's not a quarterback threat in the entire SEC to strike the fear of God in your defensive coordinator.

Hats off to A&M for figuring it out. Go to the SEC and figure out a high-octane offense and you can win 80% of your games because nobody over there can move the ball.

It's never been that their defenses are that good -- it's that their freaking offenses are not that good. As proved by A&M in one year. The Aggies are playing like Ok-State and Texas Tech, and doing an even better job of it. Lot of thanks to Kliff Kingsbury who learned offense at Tech and perfected it in the Big 12 then UH, and now taking it to a new level.

Against defenses that can't stop that kind of play. As shown this season. Meanwhile, A&M's defense is shutting down the SEC to the tune of 20 points per game, none over 27. Try doing that in the Big 12. In even half the conference games.

A&M has averaged 36 pts against their first 7 SEC opponents, and are up 42-10 against Missouri in the 3rd qtr tonight.
    17, Florida
    58, Ark
    30, Ole Miss
    19, LSU
    63, Auburn
    38, Miss State
    29, Alabama

I suppose Missouri deflates this argument, but who knows, LOL.
    An atheist is a man who has no invisible means of support. John Buchan

BamaNation Hall of Fame TexasBama's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwood Forrest View Post
    A Hornfan understands why Texas A&M has better recond than Texas:

They're in an easier conference when it comes to offenses. Nothing to fear in being scored on.

The most points scored on them all season was 57 by La. Tech of WAC. Prior to tonight's game with Missouri, all 7 of their SEC opponents TOGETHER have only scored 139 total.

In the SEC they've had these whopping points scored on them:
    20, Florida
    10, Arkansas
    27, Ole Miss
    24, LSU
    21, Auburn
    13, Miss. State
    24, Alabama

Avg. 19.89 pts per game... call it 20.

So, they're in a conference that averages 3 touchdowns a game scoring against them. Big 12 teams would score that on them in 20 minutes of play.

Maybe they've come up with a stellar defense in one year. But I doubt it. The SEC just can't throw up points, not on a scale and with regularity as in the Big 12. I can't name two quarterbacks in the SEC outside of A&M and Alabama's. Mettz..whatever for LSU. Oh, Watson from Ole Miss. But other than Manziel there's not a quarterback threat in the entire SEC to strike the fear of God in your defensive coordinator.

Hats off to A&M for figuring it out. Go to the SEC and figure out a high-octane offense and you can win 80% of your games because nobody over there can move the ball.

It's never been that their defenses are that good -- it's that their freaking offenses are not that good. As proved by A&M in one year. The Aggies are playing like Ok-State and Texas Tech, and doing an even better job of it. Lot of thanks to Kliff Kingsbury who learned offense at Tech and perfected it in the Big 12 then UH, and now taking it to a new level.

Against defenses that can't stop that kind of play. As shown this season. Meanwhile, A&M's defense is shutting down the SEC to the tune of 20 points per game, none over 27. Try doing that in the Big 12. In even half the conference games.

A&M has averaged 36 pts against their first 7 SEC opponents, and are up 42-10 against Missouri in the 3rd qtr tonight.
    17, Florida
    58, Ark
    30, Ole Miss
    19, LSU
    63, Auburn
    38, Miss State
    29, Alabama

I suppose Missouri deflates this argument, but who knows, LOL.
    Colt, is that you?