Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Jack Bourbon's Avatar
    My Mood
    Persnickety on TideFans.com

Re: SEC ended any argument about their justification in the polls today

Surely even the Texas fans called that loon out? One of the dumber inet posts i've ever read

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TexasBama's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bourbon View Post
    Surely even the Texas fans called that loon out? One of the dumber inet posts i've ever read
    The funny part is the post was made after TU hung a whopping 13 on the Toads

BamaNation First Team Alajambama's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I finally get to go through the whole bowl season and pull for all the SEC teams to win. I know most of you do anyway, but I absolutely have never been able to make myself want the barn or the viles win anything more meaningful than maybe some intramural lawn darts against some Ivy League teams.
    The best thing to ever come out of Tennessee...I-65 heading south.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jack Bourbon's Avatar
    My Mood
    Persnickety on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alajambama View Post
    I finally get to go through the whole bowl season and pull for all the SEC teams to win. I know most of you do anyway, but I absolutely have never been able to make myself want the barn or the viles win anything more meaningful than maybe some intramural lawn darts against some Ivy League teams.
    Won't have to worry about that this year

BamaNation First Team BamaFanatJSU's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alajambama View Post
    I'm right there with you on that.

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by Redwood Forrest View Post
    A Hornfan understands why Texas A&M has better recond than Texas:

They're in an easier conference when it comes to offenses. Nothing to fear in being scored on.

The most points scored on them all season was 57 by La. Tech of WAC. Prior to tonight's game with Missouri, all 7 of their SEC opponents TOGETHER have only scored 139 total.

In the SEC they've had these whopping points scored on them:
    20, Florida
    10, Arkansas
    27, Ole Miss
    24, LSU
    21, Auburn
    13, Miss. State
    24, Alabama

Avg. 19.89 pts per game... call it 20.

So, they're in a conference that averages 3 touchdowns a game scoring against them. Big 12 teams would score that on them in 20 minutes of play.

Maybe they've come up with a stellar defense in one year. But I doubt it. The SEC just can't throw up points, not on a scale and with regularity as in the Big 12. I can't name two quarterbacks in the SEC outside of A&M and Alabama's. Mettz..whatever for LSU. Oh, Watson from Ole Miss. But other than Manziel there's not a quarterback threat in the entire SEC to strike the fear of God in your defensive coordinator.

Hats off to A&M for figuring it out. Go to the SEC and figure out a high-octane offense and you can win 80% of your games because nobody over there can move the ball.

It's never been that their defenses are that good -- it's that their freaking offenses are not that good. As proved by A&M in one year. The Aggies are playing like Ok-State and Texas Tech, and doing an even better job of it. Lot of thanks to Kliff Kingsbury who learned offense at Tech and perfected it in the Big 12 then UH, and now taking it to a new level.

Against defenses that can't stop that kind of play. As shown this season. Meanwhile, A&M's defense is shutting down the SEC to the tune of 20 points per game, none over 27. Try doing that in the Big 12. In even half the conference games.

A&M has averaged 36 pts against their first 7 SEC opponents, and are up 42-10 against Missouri in the 3rd qtr tonight.
    17, Florida
    58, Ark
    30, Ole Miss
    19, LSU
    63, Auburn
    38, Miss State
    29, Alabama

I suppose Missouri deflates this argument, but who knows, LOL.
    People that say this are simply haters who fail to accept that, when it counts in the BCSCG, their view (limited knowledge) is exposed as fraud. Their high-octane offenses that score 45 points a game throughout the season are only scoring 15 ppg in the BCSCG. Meanwhile, those terrible SEC offenses are scoring 33 if I remember correctly.

What it amounts to is someone trying to make facts fit their invalid argument.
    "I know this much, Alabama football will survive anything because we play the most interesting football there is -- we win." Bear Bryant

Suspended
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bourbon View Post
    Won't have to worry about that this year
    What about the SR Bowl?