Kenny Bell's injury - vs. GA ?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Re: How bad does Kenny Bell's injury hurt?

well we dont have anyone available with his explosiveness after the catch. sadly IMO this is where we likely will miss having him in.
I think Coop is as explosive as Bell. Someone commented that Saban mentioned "stress fracture." I certainly hope not. I'd rather have a clean break, any day...

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010

kenny bell is a exceptional receiver. he has the speed to prevent double teaming cooper at will. he is especially good at getting open across the middle or down the middle. and most of all he is our best blocking receiver. very important on the runs and screens.

BamaBoots

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005
Rocket City

My wife and I love Kenny Bell and he of course will be missed. Anytime Kenny Bell makes a play my wife and I say his name real fast. Say it with me. Kenny Bell!
I do however believe someone will step up and if I am Chris Black and it's for the SEC Championship and National Championship I convince Coach to let me go in. This is what I came here for.:BigA::):BigA:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I don't see CB playing and passing others on the depth chart while not playing a single play this year. Cy Jones, Shinn and others will provide good depth behind Amari, Christion and Kevin. GA has had big injuries to their WR's this year also so lets see which teams WR's step up.

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.

Cooper is as good, probably even a better deep threat than Bell, Norwood was our top receiver coming into the year. While I hate to lose Bell , especially at this point in the year, it's not like we don't have others to take up his slack. We'll be OK.
I agree with you on Cooper. There is no question he's our best WR and Norwood is probably our second best WR. What hurts us losing Bell is his speed. Bell stretches the field. You have know where he is and respect his speed. In my opinion Cooper, White and Bell were our three best speed receivers. Now we are without two of the three. Losing Bell hurts our speed at WR not to mention our depth at WR.

Last edited:

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

kenny bell is a exceptional receiver. he has the speed to prevent double teaming cooper at will. he is especially good at getting open across the middle or down the middle. and most of all he is our best blocking receiver. very important on the runs and screens.
Great point. He does a great job blocking. On most of our long runs, you can see #7 blocking someone. This may open up the opportunity for Danny Woodson Jr. to get some playing time also. I think Woodson and Shinn both have the ability to be productive. Its just a matter of confidence and focusing on their job. I hate to see Chris Black burn his redshirt, but if Woodson and Shinn can't execute blocking and getting open, Saban may choose to play Chris.

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL
I think Coop is as explosive as Bell. Someone commented that Saban mentioned "stress fracture." I certainly hope not. I'd rather have a clean break, any day...
This. I had a stress fracture (femur...really bad) last year training for a run. My orthopedist told me it could take up to 3x as long to heal as compared to a normal fracture. Plus, it can reappear easily if an athlete tries to rush the recovery process.

Granted, I'm an old fart and all, and I know Bell would obviously heal faster, but I hope that was just Saban not really using the correct terminology. However, I was listening to the post game on the way home last night, and he did use the term 'stress fracture' at least twice.

Hopefully it's a 'normal' break, and he'll be back to full speed and strength by spring.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.