Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC TriCountyTider's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: ESPN Gushing over Notre Dame

It will just make the beating of ND that much sweeter. On to the SECCG.. one step at a time. We get past Georgia and the ND love from the media will fuel the fire for Saban and Co.
    The avatar picture is of my Daughter Hailee and me. My daughter is a future Crimson Tide cheerleader

2. Advertisement
    Suspended
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TriCountyTider View Post
    It will just make the beating of ND that much sweeter. On to the SECCG.. one step at a time. We get past Georgia and the ND love from the media will fuel the fire for Saban and Co.
    Spot on Tri-County !

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive0 on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TriCountyTider View Post

Well said.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation Second Team FriendlyIrish's Avatar

We will get media love. But we all know its about money. Vegas knows best, and you guys will be favored by 10.

Suspended
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyIrish View Post
    We will get media love. But we all know its about money. Vegas knows best, and you guys will be favored by 10.
    And I am putting 500K on Bama at -10

BamaNation Second Team

Let them keep on gushing, all the way to January and the BCS championship. It will only make the target on ND bigger, and that much more enjoyable to see Bama take them down.

BamaNation All-American Al A Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JD95 View Post
    It's not just you. The gushing is sickening and will continue non-stop for the next 45 days. Don't know how old you are, but anyone under about 30 years old has no idea how awful the national media are when Notre Dame is good. You're all about to learn . . .
    That's just fine! Hopefully, if we can get past the Gawga Dawgs, all that slobbering over ND will give us added incentive, as if we needed any. Hopefully, their #5 will win the Heisman so that will give us even more incentive to show that he really didn't deserve it. Joe Namath should have won it over John Huarte. Didn't Paul Hornung win it at Noter D. when they won 2 games the season he won it. Now he was a pretty good football player, but what did he do to win it? They've always been the media darlings. That's why I dislike them soooo much!
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

BamaNation All-American RogueElephant's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Let's just beat GA and worry about ND later. Just saying
    Why did Tennessee choose orange as their team color? You can wear it to the game on Saturday, hunting on Sunday, and picking up trash along the highways the rest of the week.

The avatar is my former assistant who I think of as my adopted daugther. She is smart, funny, likeable and a Acct & Finance grad of Fullerton and given the right guidance would light the world on fire. Just don't tell her I said that.

My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

I really felt like they were campaining for T'eo (spelling?) for the Heisman after the game too. I actually mentioned after he intercepted that pass in the game, that he will be the media's front runner now.
    The media love don't really bother me, I really think Bama or UGA (hopefully Bama) can beat them in the CG.

Jason

BamaNation All-SEC TriCountyTider's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Al A Bama View Post
    That's just fine! Hopefully, if we can get past the Gawga Dawgs, all that slobbering over ND will give us added incentive, as if we needed any. Hopefully, their #5 will win the Heisman so that will give us even more incentive to show that he really didn't deserve it. Joe Namath should have won it over John Huarte. Didn't Paul Hornung win it at Noter D. when they won 2 games the season he won it. Now he was a pretty good football player, but what did he do to win it? They've always been the media darlings. That's why I dislike them soooo much!
    Exactly! We get past the dawgs and it is on! I'm sure Saban and Co. know how much beating ND means not just a BCSNC but the history as well! Add that to the fact that the media will be on this ND love fest untill the BCSNCG Bama will feel disrespected...not to mention giving Saban and Co. a month to prepare. Ask LSU,Texas,and Michigan State how well that worked for them.
    The avatar picture is of my Daughter Hailee and me. My daughter is a future Crimson Tide cheerleader

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Tonight we all saw USCw not win the game.
    It was theirs for the taking. CLK didn't coach a great game.
    We saw USCw with their 2nd string QB...
    IMO: Alabama or Georgia should beat ND.
    USCw gave up on their running game and lost the game.

BamaNation Third Team Phil4Bama's Avatar

ESPN Gushing over Notre Dame

Quote Originally Posted by JD95 View Post
    It's not just you. The gushing is sickening and will continue non-stop for the next 45 days. Don't know how old you are, but anyone under about 30 years old has no idea how awful the national media are when Notre Dame is good. You're all about to learn . . .
    Amen. It was nice while it lasted but welcome to the new era of Notre Dame: All World.

BamaNation First Team Bluegrasstide's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Amen. When Holtz was there it was sickening. ESPN is like giddy little school girls now that the Irish are back in the picture. I wonder why they always seem to be that way over certain schools? (i.e. Ohio St., Michigan)

They definitely have their leanings. Why did they televise virtually every single Penn St. game this year? Would they do the same for an SEC school, had the university brought its conference under similar embarrassment?