Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team CrimSonami's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Breezy on TideFans.com

Re: ESPN Gushing over Notre Dame

It's all good. We've had plenty of sunshine cast upon us over the last few years. The media was on the "LSU is alltime best" last year. How'd that end up? To me it's kind of a relief to not have all the noise and clutter of "Bama could beat some NFL teams" sorrounding us.

The Domers are done. They get to sit idlely by and wait to see who they're gonna play without the extra conference game. Let's just get to work, win the SEC-CG and move on from there.

RTR!!!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team CrimsonForever1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

ND has just not been relevant for a lot of years...... They are now and proved it by going through a fairly tough schedule albeit nothing like the SEC as a whole.... They deserve a little chatter and will get more than any other team...... Don`t really like it, but it is what it is..... Instead of dwelling on that, I think I`ll just hope that we can find a blitz package that will work against Murray and company other than any press favoritism of a ND team.... Our team, The Crimson Tide will have to earn a trip to meet them...... I believe when The Crimson Tide does earn it, it will be the most talked about and watched Championship Game throughout the country since a whole lot of years..... We have to face the fact that ND is the darling of college football, and The Crimson Tide is already being talked about throughout this country as to backing into this game just like last year. Personally, I like that fact that we have everyone against us..... It just makes it a whole lot sweeter when we prove them wrong..... Roll Tide!!!!!!
    I have but one life to give to my country, and I give it to The Crimson Tide

BamaNation Hall of Fame Chukker Veteran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

If Bama beats Georgia, and I expect we will, then Bama will be a fairly heavy favorite to beat the Domers, despite all the media hype about Notre Dang.

BamaNation All-American RollTideMang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The only part I had a problem with was when musburger said something like "Notre Dame, National champions", as if the SEC champion they have to play does not matter at all. I can only imagine the gnashing of Catholic teeth come January 7th.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Cool Re: ESPN Gushing over Notre Dame

We've got 'em just where we want 'em...
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate Notre Dame but they deserve the attention. Our focus should be on Georgia.

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

They're undefeated, and playing for the title for the first time since the 80s. I can cut ESPN some slack.

Besides, ESPN has a win/win. They either get Alabama/Notre Dame, which is a battle of the all-time classic powers, or they get Georgia/Notre Dame, which is a rematch of the last time Georgia played for the Natty.
    Honey Badger can take what the Tide gives him and like it.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Notre Dame/USC game did a 10.6 overnight rating on ABC, which is a ridiculously huge college football number, even for broadcast television.

If I was an ESPN executive, I'd be gushing as well.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

ESPN has an amount of power that 20 years would have been shocking. Not only do they televise all the BSC Bowl Games, they have a bully pulpit to promote the teams that would bring the highest ratings. Everytime I hear people talk about how they are so glad so and so game is not on CBS or NBC anymore I just shake my head. I liked it much better when the Bowl games and conferences had the power and each network went all out to promote their "Big Game(s) with a parade in the morning." I believe ABC had two of them, the Rose and the Sugar. NBC had the Orange Bowl and later the Fiesta, CBS had the Cotton Bowl until Fox got it.

Of course ESPN will gush over the Irish, and Bama too, which would most probably break ratings records if it does end up the game. ND brings a huge following, with Bama the next best in the nation. It would be a bonanza.

Doesn't ESPN basically own the Birmingham Bowl game? The Sham Bowl.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

It's a good story. Espn sells stories. Stories sell. There's way more of them (from the North and the haters from everywhere else) than there are of us. Come January, the story will be over. RTR!!!
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    ESPN has an amount of power that 20 years would have been shocking. Not only do they televise all the BSC Bowl Games, they have a bully pulpit to promote the teams that would bring the highest ratings. Everytime I hear people talk about how they are so glad so and so game is not on CBS or NBC anymore I just shake my head. I liked it much better when the Bowl games and conferences had the power and each network went all out to promote their "Big Game(s) with a parade in the morning." I believe ABC had two of them, the Rose and the Sugar. NBC had the Orange Bowl and later the Fiesta, CBS had the Cotton Bowl until Fox got it.

Of course ESPN will gush over the Irish, and Bama too, which would most probably break ratings records if it does end up the game. ND brings a huge following, with Bama the next best in the nation. It would be a bonanza.

Doesn't ESPN basically own the Birmingham Bowl game? The Sham Bowl.
    ESPN owns a lot of the lesser bowls. They also now control the TV rights for the future playoffs as well.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    ESPN owns a lot of the lesser bowls. They also now control the TV rights for the future playoffs as well.
    I strongly dislike 50% of the entire power in their hands. 50% the NCAA 50% ESPN, unhealthy and 100% profit minded. And the super confernces is partially fueled by the ESPN
    monopoly in TV contracts.

At least we won't hear them clamoring for player payment any time soon. They will want to keep the NCAA as happy as they can allow themselves.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Notre Dame would be a 7 and 5 team in the SEC. Alabama, LSU, Texas A & M, Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina could beat them.