Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American Airborne Tider's Avatar
    My Mood
    Hot on TideFans.com

Re: How Do We Match Up Against UGA?

Bama has 6 more sacks on the year than UGA. So I ask you this, what can AJ do to the UGA secondary if they don't get a pass rush??
    U.S. Army Pathfinders
    "First In, Last Out"

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne Tider View Post
    Bama has 6 more sacks on the year than UGA. So I ask you this, what can AJ do to the UGA secondary if they don't get a pass rush??

True, and have they played an offensive line like ours? I wonder how their offensive line is compared to lsu and A&M ?
    Roll Tide

BamaNation All-American Airborne Tider's Avatar
    My Mood
    Hot on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne Tider View Post
    Oh and in case you're wondering, 5 more than Florida.
    U.S. Army Pathfinders
    "First In, Last Out"

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Sacks given or allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Sacks given or allowed?

Sacks given. We have 30 and UGA has 24.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/f...t/team/1049/p2
    Roll Tide

BamaNation First Team BeenwiththeBear's Avatar

Sip................Please come back to the thread, some of us need you!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeenwiththeBear View Post
    Sip................Please come back to the thread, some of us need you!
    What the heck. I'm here

Well, if we are going back to looking at statistics, this LINK shows the comparison of the two teams.
    It's not rocket surgery!

BamaNation All-American bamaslammer's Avatar

I agree Georgia is well capable of beating Alabama. My only observation to add is that they haven't played anybody worth a crap since mid season. It's a little hard to get a read on a team playing cupcakes every week. It could mean they are a great team that isn't really even trying hard because of the competition or it could mean they look better than the really are because of the competition.

We will know the answer Saturday night.
    BS 1989

Haven't read through the entire thread, so this may have been mentioned already, but I wonder how the game might be affected by what, for lack of a better term, I would call the "mental state" of the two teams. I can see how Georgia might have the "how badly do we want it?" edge, not to the extent that we did in 2009 but to the extent that they may have an anticipation of the game that we might not have. I would imagine that the "don't let them take what we have" message has been sent pretty clearly by the coaches this week. On the other hand, I think we have the edge when it comes to the enormity of the game. Certainly Georgia has been in big games and has the experience of being here last year. But they never have experienced what we did in 2008, being up in the 4th quarter with a trip to the BCSNCG on the line. I have always felt that the performance of our players, and of our coaches for that matter, was affected by the magnitude of the moment in that 4th quarter. With two teams that are seemingly so evenly matched, could "mindset" be a factor in the outcome?

Who cares about Georgia and Alabama this duel between Sip and rgw is what it's about!

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I'm not dueling with anyone. I respect everyone's opinion. I think Alabama is going to need vast improvement in some areas to win, I like UGA in this game, but I don't think it is hopeless.

One positive is that UGA isn't one of those opponents that tries to reinvent their offense each week. That means that tape study will tell us a lot about Georgia instead of it seemingly getting thrown out the window after the first quarter. Georgia is going to do the same things they've been doing well since Richt arrived in 2001. Hopefully this will allow Saban to have the players almost inside Murray's head.

We've played four teams that had legitimate running qbs (James Franklin was hurt when we played them):

Denard Robinson
    Bo Wallace
    Johnny Football
    Johnathon Wallace

Against the traditional drop back qb:

Against AK, we got good pressure on the qb (going off of memory)

Against UT, if my memory serves correctly we got decent pressure on Bray and even sacked him a few times.

Against LSU someone mentioned (I think in another thread) that LSU kept their tight ends in blocking more to give Mett more protection. We got decent pressure but we all know the career day he had of laser point passing.

Don't know if it's much of a point, but against legitimate running qbs we've been in more controlled rush mode and against more traditional qbs we've seen decent pressure applied.

I guess the point is that we should be able to get more exotic with our blitzes in this game than what we've needed to show up to this point in the season.