Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
    Recipes
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Do We Match Up Against UGA?

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    Earle, did you catch what Danielson said about the different type rushes Saban uses for his DL? He said Saban uses a "mush rush" a lot. Basically the DL isn't necessarily trying to get penetration. I didn't catch the rest of what he said because I had to get up and keep my two year old from climbing on the kitchen table. But our lack of pass rush doesn't bode well for us against Murray.
    Yes, I did. If Murray is on, it won't work. We'll have easy completions like Mediumwellburger got on us. We must manufacture more pressure. At certain points, it just doesn't seem that our DL+Jack is really making moves to try to get into the backfield...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

How Do We Match Up Against UGA?

I actually thought the 2nd string got more pressure today than the starters!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Some observations which many of you have touched on, but my 2 cents worth:

1. GT seemed to handle the much larger DL of GA. I do not know if this can be translated into Bama having same success with the different blocking schemes of GT.
    2. Bama will certainly force GA to stay honest with a balanced attach of run/pass.
    3. Georgia has more speed and athlettes than anyone we have played this year.
    4. Aaron Murray does concern me with our secondary seeming to be lot more cautious during recent games.
    "May the Tide Be with You"

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

GA is the dirtiest team in the SEC. They have the biggest mouth as well. Reminds me of the Hurricanes in the Late 80's & 90's.

We need to hit them hard right off the bat to win this one.

And I want someone to explain to me all the stuff Fanning got drug thru by the media on the Mizzou tackle & GA did the exact same yesterday not a word!

We did not match well with The U in 92 with a Heisman QB & the Awsome posey, saw how that turned out.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My initial opinion is that both teams have a boat load of talent. Offensively looks to be dead even, I would give UGA the advantage on defense due to a better secondary. Special teams is a push. We have the advantage in coaching. Both teams have played 2 quality opponents this season and both are 1-1 in those games. So it really comes down to which teams show up. This reminds me of last year's LSU game with no clear favorite.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    My initial opinion is that both teams have a boat load of talent. Offensively looks to be dead even, I would give UGA the advantage on defense due to a better secondary. Special teams is a push. We have the advantage in coaching. Both teams have played 2 quality opponents this season and both are 1-1 in those games. So it really comes down to which teams show up. This reminds me of last year's LSU game with no clear favorite.
    UGA's offensive line has not been that impressive in run blocking. The team has not been able to run against quality opponents. If it can establish the run against us, we are in for a long night. If we can find some way to apply pressure to Murray, then I like our chances.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

How Do We Match Up Against UGA?

No pass rush will spell doom for Bama. I've got Bama as the underdog in this one. GA is a horrible matchup problem but Bama does have one huge advantage and the is CNS. The gameplan may be the difference and you saw a glimpse of it yesterday. Lets just say we will find out how well-conditioned the UGA defense is.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

We have to get to Murray!
    "With everything comes a price."

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bamacon View Post
    No pass rush will spell doom for Bama. I've got Bama as the underdog in this one. GA is a horrible matchup problem but Bama does have one huge advantage and the is CNS. The gameplan may be the difference and you saw a glimpse of it yesterday. Lets just say we will find out how well-conditioned the UGA defense is.
    I agree. I have to give the nod to Georgia. This is game worries me just like the aTm game.

BamaNation First Team Bluegrasstide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    I don't think we matchup well. The teams that gave them the most problems could rush the passer effectively...something we haven't displayed against any quality opponents.
    Definitely something that I have noticed about us this year. We seem to have more trouble with being able to bring additional pressure off the edges, too. Seem to end up just rushing four a lot. Obviously, probably something to do with this secondary when compared to that of years past.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Pass rush is definitely the biggest concern. Vegas will have Bama as a 7-8 point favorite, but the game scares me to death. And for anyone who gets into college football superstition, Georgia's only national championship came in 1980 when they beat . . . Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl for all the marbles. That will make for a good story line if the Dawgs advance.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

I am just glad that we have known who we would be playing in the game for a while now. I hope Saban has been scheming up a good plan against them. I fully expect our guys to be focused and it depends on which team executes better at all positions. I am glad AJ is pretty healthy now.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with everyone on the pass rush issues. Not only do they not get adequate rush with 4, they show their hand too early when bringing outside pressure which gives the QB time to throw hot. CJ is our best bet for additional pressure but he is too valuable in coverage. CNS and CKS have to dial up perfect blitzes for Bama to get to Murray and that hasn't happened much. Although, it does affect the QB with pressure, you have to be able to hit the QB and make him miss because of it. This will be interesting and I think it will be "THE KEY" to the game.