Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: How Do We Match Up Against UGA?

Quote Originally Posted by cbi1972 View Post
    Keep him off the field for a start.

Exactly, we can't allow them to have as many snaps that LSU and A&M had. That was a huge factor. Our offense will be the winning factor in this game.
    Roll Tide

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

That is why I'm not picking Alabama. When we rush four, our pressure is ineffectual and the long developing routes open up. When we rush 5 or more, our DBs are on an island and somebody gets beat off the snap. The point drives in further when I really don't think we saw improvement in that area against WCU or Auburn...their teams were just so bad they couldn't exploit it. In fact, I saw these problems early in the season against Arkansas, Mizzou, and Tennessee but they couldn't play a complete game - offense, defense, special teams - to effectively exploit it.

So now we play another team that has a defense good enough to keep us from running away early and maybe even shut us down pretty well...do I think the defense can stand on it's own without playing with a multiple score lead? I just have my doubts.

BamaNation All-SEC Snuffy Smith's Avatar

How Do We Match Up Against UGA?

^^^^^^^
    This - we cannot afford back to back to back 3 & outs (or turnover) like we did with TAMU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post

So now we play another team that has a defense good enough to keep us from running away early and maybe even shut us down pretty well...do I think the defense can stand on it's own without playing with a multiple score lead? I just have my doubts.

They have a better seconday, but definitely not a better rush defense. If we can get running and STICK to the run, we can control the game.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    They have a better seconday, but definitely not a better rush defense. If we can get running and STICK to the run, we can control the game.
    Playing two triple option teams is going to hurt your rushing statistics. Tennessee, South Carolina, and Kentucky had success rushing, Ole Miss and Florida did not. I lean towards throwing option attacks because they're so divergent from anything we do offensively. It is tough to gauge Georgia because they've had so many early season suspensions and the inevitable "getting up to speed" period once they all returned to the field. They're also incredibly emotionally driven.

Our biggest advantage is probably the discipline factor: Georgia is a flat-out bad penalty team while Alabama is a minimal penalty yard team.

Yes, I agree.
    But what do we do on defense?
    Do we change our alignment?
    Do we blitz more? Blitz less?
    Change our slants?
    Change anything at all?

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce014 View Post
    Yes, I agree.
    But what do we do on defense?
    Do we change our alignment?
    Do we blitz more? Blitz less?
    Change our slants?
    Change anything at all?
    React and adapt.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cloud_9 on TideFans.com

Remember when we were seven point under dogs, on the road to that awesomely overly talented Matt Stafford led black out Georgia team in Athens.

My God, how did we ever recover from that total beat down they gave us?

Hopefully Coach Saban has improved enough that he can somehow figure out how to compete with a big game genius like Mark Richt.

Otherwise, we just have to hope they play their worst game of the year and we play above our head.

If they turn it over ten times, have fifteen holding penalties, and nine unsportsmanlike conduct penalties we might have a chance.

Otherwise, I just hope we're able to limp back to Tuscaloosa with some semblance of pride because we are playing a FAR FAR superior
    team this Saturday.

Give me a break. I'm done with this micro management of the best team in college football. We're gonna kick Georgia's ...!

"Does Barrett Jones Lift His Left Finger A Half Inch Off The Ground Before Snapping The Ball In A Shotgun Formation When It's Third And Less Than Three When We're Playing On The Road Against An SEC East Opponent When We Played An Out OF Conference Opponent The Week Before Playing An SEC West Opponent Six Weeks Before The Basketball Team Starts Three Guards Instead Of Two Forwards?"

Shall not visit this thread again. AGANE...in my British accent.

You guys have a great night.

sip

BamaNation Third Team

Also Missouri played the Gators to the wire.

BamaNation All-American Crimson Flyboy's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Bama gives up 156.7 passing yards per game, UGA gives up 174.4 passing yards per game.
    שלום
    Pax
    Peace

"The sole object and only legitimate end of government is to protect the citizen in the enjoyment of life, liberty, and property, and when the government assumes other functions, it is usurpation and oppression."

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor will I ever ask another man to live for the sake of mine."

"Any man who strives for free inquiry, free thought, and self ownership is my brother and countryman."

My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Playing two triple option teams is going to hurt your rushing statistics. Tennessee, South Carolina, and Kentucky had success rushing, Ole Miss and Florida did not. I lean towards throwing option attacks because they're so divergent from anything we do offensively. It is tough to gauge Georgia because they've had so many early season suspensions and the inevitable "getting up to speed" period once they all returned to the field. They're also incredibly emotionally driven.

Our biggest advantage is probably the discipline factor: Georgia is a flat-out bad penalty team while Alabama is a minimal penalty yard team.

Fine, take out the last two option teams. They are still giving up 135 per game average. We are giving up only 77 rushing yards a game.
    Roll Tide

Fine, take out the last two option teams. They are still giving up 135 per game average. We are giving up only 77 rushing yards a game.
    but they're peaking and we can barely play football
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Flyboy View Post
    Bama gives up 156.7 passing yards per game, UGA gives up 174.4 passing yards per game.

Thanks for the stats, I didn't look that up. I was thinking talent wise, because in our games where we got burned on some passes.
    Roll Tide