How Do We Match Up Against UGA?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
i think t a&m was just a weird game all around for us. we had 430 yards of offense in that game (our season average and out gaining t a&m) but we could not execute when we needed (bad fumble, weird play calling and interception late)
Agreed!

Makes me wonder: If you throw out our bad performance against TAMU and Georgia's against USCe, does this change how we feel?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
i think t a&m was just a weird game all around for us. we had 430 yards of offense in that game (our season average and out gaining t a&m) but we could not execute when we needed (bad fumble, weird play calling and interception late)
This post has everything in it to show why folks still discuss the game. Their was no one defining thing from the game to explain the loss.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Agreed!

Makes me wonder: If you throw out our bad performance against TAMU and Georgia's against USCe, does this change how we feel?
not really. UGA's "impressiveness" or whatever has come from them finally being able to beat the crap out of crappy teams. even with their USCe game out, they are still undisciplined and it has shown up, even in their "impressive" wins. this is of course only my georgia loathing humble opinion ;)

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Serious question:
Why do I keep hearing about how the Aggies "killed" us? If memory serves me right, we had an anomalous quarter and spotted them 3 TD's while getting to a position to win the game in the end by out scoring them 24-9. At the same time, the defense had about a quarter and half bad game against them and a subpar game against the who's.

I hope AJ has the game of his life and UGA is on the receiving end of one if those Garcia/Mettzie type games where AJ can do no wrong.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I'm kinda sick of all this brashness from UGA. No gamesmanship from them at all including the head coach. I want to be them worse than Allbarn and LSwhoserville...
yeah, its only tuesday and it is reaching a fever pitch here. its sort of reminiscent of when the braves make the playoffs and everyone thinks this will be the year. ;)

b2v4ua

All-SEC
Dec 12, 2009
Springville,Al
I only have 2 concerns : 1. Deion Belue has been burnt a number of times. To much cushion between him and reciever. 2. We need to establish the run so that our recievers can get seperation. I'm still baffled that in the aTm game we threw so much before we established the run. A&M had our number and GA. will too if we don't get the run established first. I always say run till it doesn't work, then run one more time. JMO

Serious question:
Why do I keep hearing about how the Aggies "killed" us? If memory serves me right, we had an anomalous quarter and spotted them 3 TD's while getting to a position to win the game in the end by out scoring them 24-9. At the same time, the defense had about a quarter and half bad game against them and a subpar game against the who's.

I hope AJ has the game of his life and UGA is on the receiving end of one if those Garcia/Mettzie type games where AJ can do no wrong.
I hope so too. I'm sick of hearing about Aaron Murray and how much better he is and this is his moment to shine. Blah blah blah... Bama has one bad game and everyone thinks they can beat Bama.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I hope so too. I'm sick of hearing about Aaron Murray and how much better he is and this is his moment to shine. Blah blah blah... Bama has one bad game and everyone thinks they can beat Bama.

Let's all forget that we have the National Championship QB, but wait it is all up to Murray in this game. ;) The media is not giving our offense enough credit. I hope they prove them wrong.

Stonewall1959

2nd Team
Oct 5, 2005
Macon, Georgia
About sick of hearing the bulldogs already. You'd think, from the way they're talking, they were going to play the Charleston School of Cosmetology and Motorcycle Repair.

I don't think either team will be able to run consistantly. Both defenses are too good, IMHO. So, the battle comes down to the quarterback play and the receiving corp. Bama cannot allow Murray to get going like we did with Mettinberger and Manziel. If Murray has 3+ seconds to throw the ball in a clean pocket it'll be a long day for Bama. Somehow we have got to get pressure on him. He has a tendacy to get rattled if he gets hit a few times and that's their achille's heal.

I have no idea how this game winds up. In my mind, I can see it looking like the Utah game or the LSU NC game last year.

The one thing I do know is that the moment they step on the field they will be outcoached and I think that'll be the difference.

RammerJammer91

1st Team
Nov 27, 2012
I think the odds are very good that Smart and Saban will come up with a gameplan that will frustrate the heck out of Murray. I like Murray, and think he's a pretty exciting player to watch, but just take a look at his resume against teams with good defenses. Heck, not even that, just Top 25 teams alone. The loss of Michael Bennett will hurt this saturday, as he is one of Murray's more reliable targets. I think if Smart looks at the Florida tape against Georgia, and follows it, we should be fine.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I have to throw in two more cents. I've read about a lot of folks doubting our defense because of Texas A@M, and they certainly moved the ball well, almost easily initially.

But I said it to my game watching buds after the first series in the game, both offensively and defensively, "Guys, we're as flat as a pancake." and we were. There was no intensity to be found.

It wasn't unexpected to me because I've said since August that our trap game could be Tex A@M. When we play LSU it's a total physical and emotional war. It takes it's toll and it certainly did in this instance. Guess what? We still should have won the game it just didn't happen on that one particular Saturday.

That being said, we won't be flat in the Georgia Dome and they don't have a prayer.

sip

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
If they pop in the game film of LSU and A&M, that's where I would hit us. I doubt they will be able to run the ball on us. Bama also has to prevent the tunovers. I think this is going to be a tight game and we can't give them any help.
they could pop in game film from the 2008(09) sugar bowl vs utah and figure out where/how to hit us. the trick is pulling it off. Mett had a once in a lifetime (at least so far) game against us and manziel is a very unique player.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think you will play Geno Smith a lot more in this game. He is a rising star.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Judging by the last two games, Geno Smith is now our first option at Star when we go nickel. He made some mistakes early against Auburn and got some butt chewings from what I saw in the stands. He's getting better and has a very high ceiling...he's still got a ways to go though.

they could pop in game film from the 2008(09) sugar bowl vs utah and figure out where/how to hit us. the trick is pulling it off. Mett had a once in a lifetime (at least so far) game against us and manziel is a very unique player.
I don't think they'll be able to pull Utah off. It has to be a loss, demoralizing loss to Florida then we have to lose Chance Warmack or Barrett Jones because of agents. We'll have to show up uninterested. So Utah won't happen. I also think LSU won't happen. AJ won't be getting cute in handing the ball off for a sure TD. Bama is playing championship football this weekend.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I don't think they'll be able to pull Utah off. It has to be a loss, demoralizing loss to Florida then we have to lose Chance Warmack or Barrett Jones because of agents. We'll have to show up uninterested. So Utah won't happen. I also think LSU won't happen. AJ won't be getting cute in handing the ball off for a sure TD. Bama is playing championship football this weekend.
oh, i know. folks just seem to think we better hope georgia doesn't show up or we're doomed, cause we sure can't play pass defense.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.