How Do We Match Up Against UGA?

GeorgiaTider

All-SEC
Oct 30, 2005
No pass rush will spell doom for Bama. I've got Bama as the underdog in this one. GA is a horrible matchup problem but Bama does have one huge advantage and the is CNS. The gameplan may be the difference and you saw a glimpse of it yesterday. Lets just say we will find out how well-conditioned the UGA defense is.
I agree. I have to give the nod to Georgia. This is game worries me just like the aTm game.

Bluegrasstide

1st Team
Oct 31, 2010
Pikeville KY
I don't think we matchup well. The teams that gave them the most problems could rush the passer effectively...something we haven't displayed against any quality opponents.
Definitely something that I have noticed about us this year. We seem to have more trouble with being able to bring additional pressure off the edges, too. Seem to end up just rushing four a lot. Obviously, probably something to do with this secondary when compared to that of years past.

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
Pass rush is definitely the biggest concern. Vegas will have Bama as a 7-8 point favorite, but the game scares me to death. And for anyone who gets into college football superstition, Georgia's only national championship came in 1980 when they beat . . . Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl for all the marbles. That will make for a good story line if the Dawgs advance.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I am just glad that we have known who we would be playing in the game for a while now. I hope Saban has been scheming up a good plan against them. I fully expect our guys to be focused and it depends on which team executes better at all positions. I am glad AJ is pretty healthy now.

Bamatide44

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 26, 2009
I agree with everyone on the pass rush issues. Not only do they not get adequate rush with 4, they show their hand too early when bringing outside pressure which gives the QB time to throw hot. CJ is our best bet for additional pressure but he is too valuable in coverage. CNS and CKS have to dial up perfect blitzes for Bama to get to Murray and that hasn't happened much. Although, it does affect the QB with pressure, you have to be able to hit the QB and make him miss because of it. This will be interesting and I think it will be "THE KEY" to the game.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
It's kind of funny...I have been reading some Georgia message boards and they are pretty concerned about matching up with Bama as well. I guess both sides have good reasons to be concerned. I think we have two level headed fan bases anticipating a knock out drag out old fashioned SEC game Saturday.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
good lord, sounds like most folks think we will be lucky to get out alive. i say we win by 14 or so. we are a much better team than Georgia.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
good lord, sounds like most folks think we will be lucky to get out alive. i say we win by 14 or so. we are a much better team than Georgia.

Amen. I agree. I think AJ will play lights out like he did against LSU in January. I see us winning. It may be close, and it will be a fun game.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Gosh. I hope we destroy them. I just watched College Football Live and Rambo said they have better players at each position across the board especially on defense.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
i think that uga players will come into this game overconfident as well. they think alot of themselves.

A lot like the game against Florida in 2009 and the last bcs championship against LSU. We just need to stick to our gameplan and be disciplined.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
A lot like the game against Florida in 2009 and the last bcs championship against LSU. We just need to stick to our gameplan and be disciplined.
after the 09 SECCG against Florida Roy Upchurch said we came out and hit em with a haymaker and they never recovered. We need to do the same to UGA. Hit em early and hit em often. Make em quit!

TideHiFlyer

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2012
A, A
Hey guys, go look at Georgia's stats against Georgia Tech and tell me if you are still THAT concerned.......Tech had 426 YDS. Total yards and 306 yds RUSHING on Georgia's vaunted defense. I aint skeered. :)

Phil4Bama

Nov 25, 2007
One other thing to add. We have not played our A+ game as of yet this year. Every year under Saban, we have come out in a big game breathing fire and brimstone and we have proceeded to just crush the opponent. For example I give you the SECCG of 2009, the Blackout game, the BCSNC game last year. We haven't seen that team yet. I think you will see them this week in Atlanta. I'd hate to be a Dawg.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.