Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

OK, Heisman candidates...

And it's not even close. Johnny Manziel, freshman or not...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American Al A Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: OK, Heisman candidates...

I agree. There's NO WAY that A & M would have beat the best team in the country without him. 10 - 2 as a freshman QB. Passing + running statistics = very deserving of Heisman.

Kicking an extra point (or should I say missing one) would NOT help him.

Seems like ESPN/ABC want to give it to the Notre Dame linebacker. Seems like some were politicking not to give it to a freshman. Johnny Football is as deserving of the trophy as anyone. If I had a vote he'd get it.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

BamaNation All-American CrimsonJag's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I agree.

And the first freshman to win the Heisman should've been a RB from Wrightsville, Georgia. His sophomore year, too.
    "We just gotta stop that lil' inside trap." - Joe Kines

Yep. Not even close. His numbers are very comparable to Tebow and Cam. We will have to deal with him 3 more years because he isn't going to be a big NFL prospect who jumps after junior year.

BamaNation All-American CrimsonJag's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by braggtd View Post
    Yep. Not even close. His numbers are very comparable to Tebow and Cam. We will have to deal with him 3 more years because he isn't going to be a big NFL prospect who jumps after junior year.
    He's a RS Freshman, so I'm hoping he's gone after next year.
    "We just gotta stop that lil' inside trap." - Joe Kines

BamaNation All-American Al A Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Looks like we're going to have to hope the Mayan calendar is correct so that we won't have to chase him for three more years.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonJag View Post
    He's a RS Freshman, so I'm hoping he's gone after next year.
    Not a chance!
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Not a chance!
    I agree. Good news is I felt similar about Timmy Tebow and our boys figured him out in the SECCG.

My Mood
    Aggressive0 on TideFans.com

ThumbsUp Re: OK, Heisman candidates...

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    And it's not even close. Johnny Manziel, freshman or not...
    Got to agree, nobody else close as far as i'm concerned.

RTR
    15 National Championships
    They've got a name for the winners of the world, and i want a name when i lose, They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blue.( Steely Dan 1978 )

ROLL TIDE ROLL

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jack Bourbon's Avatar
    My Mood
    Persnickety on TideFans.com

Hate to be negative, but his Vick-like style of play is a tad unsustainable. I hope he wins it this year because I doubt he'll be able to maintain the same torrid production he's managed this year. He torched the SEC, something few players can say. Especially freshmen.

BamaNation All-American

ND's LB getting it when so many, much more talented defensive players never even got a look?

Lame.
    Honey Badger can take what the Tide gives him and like it.

FB | REC Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonJag View Post
    I agree.

And the first freshman to win the Heisman should've been a RB from Wrightsville, Georgia. His sophomore year, too.
    He sure should've . Herschel was definitely a man among boys . Around 1,700 yards as a true freshman .
    "I know there's tremendous expectations here for what you would like to accomplish with this football program . I can tell you that however you feel about it , I have even higher expectations for what we want to accomplish . I want to win every game we play ." - Nick Saban 1/4/07

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Wouldn't shock me in the least if they gave it to Teo, as the trend for the past decade or so is to give it to the most notable player on "best" team (at the time of voting). Last year, it went to Griffin, so the trend was broken in that sense. But I don't think for a second that the voters, especially the old school voter, won't give that bust to Teo.
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein