Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Re: OK, Heisman candidates...

Going into the weekend, the Vegas betting line was 1-2 for Manziel so he's the prohibitive favorite at this point.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    Buzzed on TideFans.com

There's just nothing Teo has done to make me think he should get the Heisman. I guess this will make me "that guy" but I feel like he's getting a lot of sympathy love. I feel for the things he's gone through too, but he's nowhere near as deserving of the Heisman of Manziel and a few others.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

i dont have a problem with Teo being in the discussion. he has like 7 INT's from the LB spot. that is impressive.

I think Manziel deserves it.

That said, like everything else, we'll stop him. Kinda like we did over the last three quarters of our game a few weeks back...
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation All-SEC Proxigean Tide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LCN View Post
    He sure should've . Herschel was definitely a man among boys . Around 1,700 yards as a true freshman .
    I like this Heisman commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F778IKIe9eg
    Last edited by Proxigean Tide; November 25th, 2012 at 11:07 AM.

BamaNation All-American Tide Warrior's Avatar

Teo is playing in the BCS game Johnny football is not, which has a lot of weight with voters. Not to mention neither play again before their bowl games. So not a moment like Griffin got the last weekend before voting. ND has history and the sports groups are pushing it.

Johnny football was 3-2 against ranked teams. A decent game against MSU and a huge game against LTech to score 59 points to beat them. In the other 3 games vs ranked teams he had 1 good qtr out of 12 and came out 1-2. Now without him they may have been 0-5.

Teo lead the defense against 4 ranked teams. Only 2(OU and Stanford) are maybe top wins. The other 2 UM and MSU not so but ND finished undefeated and every game the defense carried the team and it seemed that Teo always came up with a big play.

I think Johnny football is a better player and like RGIII the team would not have a winning season. I think ND probably still wins 10 without Teo. But as in the past has demonstrated many times being on an undefeated team and the love ND is getting might be to much to overcome.
    "Charlie Don't Surf"

Quote Originally Posted by Trobinson97 View Post
    There's just nothing Teo has done to make me think he should get the Heisman. I guess this will make me "that guy" but I feel like he's getting a lot of sympathy love. I feel for the things he's gone through too, but he's nowhere near as deserving of the Heisman of Manziel and a few others.
    I agree

I watched all or part of 3-4 Notre Dame games this year and his play while really good was never "stand out best man on the field good" The 7 INT's is great, no question, but I never saw him dominate a game like a DT or Biscuit did.

BamaNation All-American theballguy's Avatar
    Behind is in Colorado Springs, heart in Alabama
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

There's a large contingent of voters who will not vote for a Freshman. Teo gets it. Best player on the "best" team and it's not an SEC team. Think about it.
    “I know what it takes to win. If I can sell them on what it takes to win, then we are not going to lose too many football games.” - Coach Paul Bryant and I can see Coach Nick Saban agreeing completely.

BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar

I disagree with evryone here...

My vote would go to Teo. He has over a hundred tackles, 7 picks, and leads one of the top defenses in the nation. He means as much to his team, as any player in the nation. I think he is the best player on his side of the ball in the nation. He played consitently great despite having his girlfriend and grandmother die this year. I think he deserving of the award.

Not to take anything away from JM, who has been other wordly this year, but I am just a fan of Teo and the way heplays the game. JM is a phenom and I can't (and won't) dispute that. Do I think he (JM) meant the most to his team this year of any player? No...I say that's Collin Klein. Is he the best skill player on his side of the ball in the nation? I think that is debatable too.

I think JM is deserving of the Heisman, but I don't think he is the only candidate.

I'm not sure Teo is even the best LB. A healthy Jarvis Jones is pretty dangerous too.

If Manziel doesn't get it the award is a farce.

BamaNation First Team Bear Disciple's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

It will be Manziel, IMO. Teo has had a phenomenal year, and would be a real candidate if the voters didn't have a sever dislike for defensive players. I know Suh was stuck behind Ingram and Gerhart, but if he didn't get any real chance for the year he had in 2009, then no defensive player ever will. Teo only has the recognition because of his misfortunes being so publicized, which led to his fantastic year being put under more of a spotlight than it otherwise would've been, but the media wants to see a dazzling quarterback as the most outstanding, not a hardnosed linebacker.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

OK, Heisman candidates...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0424 View Post
    I disagree with evryone here...

My vote would go to Teo. He has over a hundred tackles, 7 picks, and leads one of the top defenses in the nation. He means as much to his team, as any player in the nation. I think he is the best player on his side of the ball in the nation. He played consitently great despite having his girlfriend and grandmother die this year. I think he deserving of the award.

Not to take anything away from JM, who has been other wordly this year, but I am just a fan of Teo and the way heplays the game. JM is a phenom and I can't (and won't) dispute that. Do I think he (JM) meant the most to his team this year of any player? No...I say that's Collin Klein. Is he the best skill player on his side of the ball in the nation? I think that is debatable too.

I think JM is deserving of the Heisman, but I don't think he is the only candidate.
    Then you don't disagree with everyone, as at least 4 other people have said Te'o
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

BamaNation All-American

Like I said in an earlier thread JM reminds me of Doug Flutie except better at everything.