OK, Heisman candidates...

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I disagree with evryone here...

My vote would go to Teo. He has over a hundred tackles, 7 picks, and leads one of the top defenses in the nation. He means as much to his team, as any player in the nation. I think he is the best player on his side of the ball in the nation. He played consitently great despite having his girlfriend and grandmother die this year. I think he deserving of the award.

Not to take anything away from JM, who has been other wordly this year, but I am just a fan of Teo and the way heplays the game. JM is a phenom and I can't (and won't) dispute that. Do I think he (JM) meant the most to his team this year of any player? No...I say that's Collin Klein. Is he the best skill player on his side of the ball in the nation? I think that is debatable too.

I think JM is deserving of the Heisman, but I don't think he is the only candidate.

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
I'm not sure Teo is even the best LB. A healthy Jarvis Jones is pretty dangerous too.

If Manziel doesn't get it the award is a farce.

Bear Disciple

1st Team
Oct 27, 2009
Tuscaloosa, AL
It will be Manziel, IMO. Teo has had a phenomenal year, and would be a real candidate if the voters didn't have a sever dislike for defensive players. I know Suh was stuck behind Ingram and Gerhart, but if he didn't get any real chance for the year he had in 2009, then no defensive player ever will. Teo only has the recognition because of his misfortunes being so publicized, which led to his fantastic year being put under more of a spotlight than it otherwise would've been, but the media wants to see a dazzling quarterback as the most outstanding, not a hardnosed linebacker.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
I disagree with evryone here...

My vote would go to Teo. He has over a hundred tackles, 7 picks, and leads one of the top defenses in the nation. He means as much to his team, as any player in the nation. I think he is the best player on his side of the ball in the nation. He played consitently great despite having his girlfriend and grandmother die this year. I think he deserving of the award.

Not to take anything away from JM, who has been other wordly this year, but I am just a fan of Teo and the way heplays the game. JM is a phenom and I can't (and won't) dispute that. Do I think he (JM) meant the most to his team this year of any player? No...I say that's Collin Klein. Is he the best skill player on his side of the ball in the nation? I think that is debatable too.

I think JM is deserving of the Heisman, but I don't think he is the only candidate.
Then you don't disagree with everyone, as at least 4 other people have said Te'o

Alajambama

2nd Team
Jul 25, 2012
Fyffe, AL
The main thing I would look at if I were a Heisman voter is what the team would look like without that particular player. No way A&M would have won more than 7-8 games without Johnny Football. If there has ever been a freshman that has deserved the trophy, it is Manziel. I'll be pulling for him to win it this year because next year, for at least one game anyway, I hope he sucks.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.