OK, Heisman candidates...

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I agree. There's NO WAY that A & M would have beat the best team in the country without him. 10 - 2 as a freshman QB. Passing + running statistics = very deserving of Heisman.

Kicking an extra point (or should I say missing one) would NOT help him.

Seems like ESPN/ABC want to give it to the Notre Dame linebacker. Seems like some were politicking not to give it to a freshman. Johnny Football is as deserving of the trophy as anyone. If I had a vote he'd get it.

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011
Yep. Not even close. His numbers are very comparable to Tebow and Cam. We will have to deal with him 3 more years because he isn't going to be a big NFL prospect who jumps after junior year.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Looks like we're going to have to hope the Mayan calendar is correct so that we won't have to chase him for three more years.

Jack Bourbon

Hall of Fame
Aug 3, 2001
Miami FL
Hate to be negative, but his Vick-like style of play is a tad unsustainable. I hope he wins it this year because I doubt he'll be able to maintain the same torrid production he's managed this year. He torched the SEC, something few players can say. Especially freshmen.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
ND's LB getting it when so many, much more talented defensive players never even got a look?

Lame.

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
I agree.

And the first freshman to win the Heisman should've been a RB from Wrightsville, Georgia. His sophomore year, too.
He sure should've . Herschel was definitely a man among boys . Around 1,700 yards as a true freshman .

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Wouldn't shock me in the least if they gave it to Teo, as the trend for the past decade or so is to give it to the most notable player on "best" team (at the time of voting). Last year, it went to Griffin, so the trend was broken in that sense. But I don't think for a second that the voters, especially the old school voter, won't give that bust to Teo.

Trobinson97

All-SEC
Sep 4, 2008
There's just nothing Teo has done to make me think he should get the Heisman. I guess this will make me "that guy" but I feel like he's getting a lot of sympathy love. I feel for the things he's gone through too, but he's nowhere near as deserving of the Heisman of Manziel and a few others.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I think Manziel deserves it.

That said, like everything else, we'll stop him. Kinda like we did over the last three quarters of our game a few weeks back...

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
Teo is playing in the BCS game Johnny football is not, which has a lot of weight with voters. Not to mention neither play again before their bowl games. So not a moment like Griffin got the last weekend before voting. ND has history and the sports groups are pushing it.

Johnny football was 3-2 against ranked teams. A decent game against MSU and a huge game against LTech to score 59 points to beat them. In the other 3 games vs ranked teams he had 1 good qtr out of 12 and came out 1-2. Now without him they may have been 0-5.

Teo lead the defense against 4 ranked teams. Only 2(OU and Stanford) are maybe top wins. The other 2 UM and MSU not so but ND finished undefeated and every game the defense carried the team and it seemed that Teo always came up with a big play.

I think Johnny football is a better player and like RGIII the team would not have a winning season. I think ND probably still wins 10 without Teo. But as in the past has demonstrated many times being on an undefeated team and the love ND is getting might be to much to overcome.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
There's just nothing Teo has done to make me think he should get the Heisman. I guess this will make me "that guy" but I feel like he's getting a lot of sympathy love. I feel for the things he's gone through too, but he's nowhere near as deserving of the Heisman of Manziel and a few others.
I agree

I watched all or part of 3-4 Notre Dame games this year and his play while really good was never "stand out best man on the field good" The 7 INT's is great, no question, but I never saw him dominate a game like a DT or Biscuit did.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.