BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Barn collapse bad, but not the worst

Southern Miss had 18 straight winning seasons and went 12-2 last year and was n the cusp of a BCS bowl bid.

Yesterday, they completed an 0-12 season with a 42-24 loss to Memphis.

See Barners, it could be worse.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TommyMac's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Re: Barn collapse bad, but not the worst

Apples to oranges, USM had a 1st year HC, this was Chiz's 4th year and it's on the heels of 3 highly rated recruiting classes.

The boogs are fundamentally as bad as any big time CFB team you will ever see. I honestly believe most of them are actually worse football players than they were before they set foot on the plains.
    "I'm just a simple plowhand from Arkansas, but I've learned over the years how to hold a team together, how to lift some men up, how to calm others down, until finally they've got one heartbeat, together, a team."

Coach Bryant

BamaNation All-American Crimson Speed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Barn collapse bad, but not the worst

Quote Originally Posted by TommyMac View Post
    Apples to oranges, USM had a 1st year HC, this was Chiz's 4th year and it's on the heels of 3 highly rated recruiting classes.

The boogs are fundamentally as bad as any big time CFB team you will ever see. I honestly believe most of them are actually worse football players than they were before they set foot on the plains.
    The key is to recruit top players with integrity. If not, more often they get in some sort of trouble and end up being dismissed from the program. Tennessee and the barn have both suffered from this problem. I also agree that player development is critical; not something that has happened on the plains. Of course, I'm not complaining.