Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team

It's about time... (UGA vs Bama in SECCG - NO TEASERS)

We've been playing this SEC title game since the conference split back in 1992, and I can honestly say that I've been waiting that entire time to see the Tide and the Dawgs play it out on the field. Honestly, I hate the fact that our two programs don't play each other more often than they do...but somehow, some way, playing the Tide in the SECCG just feels right.

I've always paid close attention to Alabama. Most of my non-UGA SEC friends are Bama fans. My better half is a Bama fan. I admire what Coach Saban has been able to do over there and how he has added to your already impressive history. It's easy to admire any program and fanbase that despises Auburn, Tennessee and Florida just as much as we do...so, despite the fact that these two programs will face off against each other next Saturday and there will be a winner and a loser, I will still admire and respect Bama for the program they are.

Bama will be favored, as well they should be. Your team is defending its BCS title and has proven itself over the course of the last 4 or 5 years. Georgia...well, we were on a good roll from 2002-2005, but between 2006 and this year, we've come down to earth a bit. I'm proud of the fact that our down years have been decent seasons for most every other team (8, 9 or 10 win seasons), but we still haven't proven ourselves on a national stage lately. We have a chance to do that this Saturday, but all bias aside, I certainly expect Bama to be favored and for good reason.

In all honesty, I think it's going to be a great game between two programs with lots of tradition and history. I think these are the two best teams in the SEC this year. Both have had stumbles...but both have put together seasons which each respective fanbase can be proud of. No matter what happens, either one is going to destroy the Irish in Miami. Obaviously, I'm hoping it's the Dawgs doing it, but if it's Bama, I'll be yelling "Roll Tide" in January.

Enjoy the week, Tide fans!
    HUNKER DOWN HAIRY DAWGS!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American 1FitToBeTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: It's about time...

The historical average score of all games vs Ga is 16-11, Bama. I would take that in a heartbeat in ATL.

"When you are arguing against Him, you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all." C.S. Lewis

"Aim at Heaven and you will get Earth thrown in. Aim at Earth and you will get neither." C.S Lewis

Great,classy post. I look for a very hard fought game December 1st. I sure hope its the Tide that gets to whoop ND in January,but if not I too will be barking for the dawgs. So here's to a great,hard fought,entertaing,and most importantly,injury free SECCG!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg151 View Post
    We've been playing this SEC title game since the conference split back in 1992, and I can honestly say that I've been waiting that entire time to see the Tide and the Dawgs play it out on the field. Honestly, I hate the fact that our two programs don't play each other more often than they do...but somehow, some way, playing the Tide in the SECCG just feels right.

I've always paid close attention to Alabama. Most of my non-UGA SEC friends are Bama fans. My better half is a Bama fan. I admire what Coach Saban has been able to do over there and how he has added to your already impressive history. It's easy to admire any program and fanbase that despises Auburn, Tennessee and Florida just as much as we do...so, despite the fact that these two programs will face off against each other next Saturday and there will be a winner and a loser, I will still admire and respect Bama for the program they are.

Bama will be favored, as well they should be. Your team is defending its BCS title and has proven itself over the course of the last 4 or 5 years. Georgia...well, we were on a good roll from 2002-2005, but between 2006 and this year, we've come down to earth a bit. I'm proud of the fact that our down years have been decent seasons for most every other team (8, 9 or 10 win seasons), but we still haven't proven ourselves on a national stage lately. We have a chance to do that this Saturday, but all bias aside, I certainly expect Bama to be favored and for good reason.

In all honesty, I think it's going to be a great game between two programs with lots of tradition and history. I think these are the two best teams in the SEC this year. Both have had stumbles...but both have put together seasons which each respective fanbase can be proud of. No matter what happens, either one is going to destroy the Irish in Miami. Obaviously, I'm hoping it's the Dawgs doing it, but if it's Bama, I'll be yelling "Roll Tide" in January.

Enjoy the week, Tide fans!
    The avatar picture is of my Daughter Hailee and me. My daughter is a future Crimson Tide cheerleader

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Same here. My uncle played TE for UGA in the early 60's, and I've always pulled for them against anybody but Bama. If UGA wins, I'll pulling be for the Dawgs in Miami. Of course, I hope that doesn't happen, and I'll be pulling for ya'll in the Sugar Bowl!
    “And the roses in this grand ol’ stadium are once again Crimson!” - Eli Gold, Jan 7th, 2010

Alabama wasn’t just dominating Monday night. They were some word that has yet to be invented in the English language. - Aaron Torres, Jan 10th, 2012

"If this was a prize fight, they'd call it off!" - Brent Musberger, Jan 7th, 2013

If both teams bring their A game I think it will be a close, entertaining game.

Obviously, we hope Bama wins. Stakes are huge. Semi-final game to play ND.

I think the winner of this game will be the next National Champion. May the best team win!

BamaNation All-American mikes12's Avatar

I'm definitely hoping for a Bama win, but if UGA wins, I will happily pull for the dawgs to win against ND.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Having Yankee parents, I wasn't really aware of college football until the early 80s, when Hershell Walker was doing all that damage over at UGA. For this reason, I have always kind of liked your program.

That being said, I want Alabama to stomp a mudhole in the Dawgs on Saturday. After that, I can go back to quietly liking UGA.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I'll be pulling for UGA to win whatever bowl they end up in.

BamaNation All-American

Nice post except for the teaser title

Since it is almost certain that the winner of this game will play for the BCS Championship, this game is really special; even more so than "just" UA vs UGA for the SEC.

BamaNation First Team im4uainva's Avatar
    My Mood
    Vilified on TideFans.com

Dawg151 wrote;
    "In all honesty, I think it's going to be a great game between two programs with lots of tradition and history. I think these are the two best teams in the SEC this year. Both have had stumbles...but both have put together seasons which each respective fanbase can be proud of. No matter what happens, either one is going to destroy the Irish in Miami. Obaviously, I'm hoping it's the Dawgs doing it, but if it's Bama, I'll be yelling "Roll Tide" in January."

I can see where you would believe that. And I would be foolish to dispute it. But, I have to say, (and the rankings show it) that there are a number of really good teams in the SEC this year. Given the right conditions and bounces, there could have been many combinations of teams going at it in Atlanta this weekend. Bama is fortunate to have earned the opportunity to fight it out with the Dawgs. I expect to see a very hard-fought game and hopefully, no injuries for either squad. Good luck, but I'm hoping the Tide takes your doggies to the pound.
    Roll Tsunami, Roll!

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

It's about time... (UGA vs Bama in SECCG - NO TEASERS)

Many of my friends are UGA alumni and, were it not for my love of Alabama, I likely would've been too. That being said, I always enjoy watching our boys play your boys. Thanks for stopping by and posting and here's to a great game with no injuries and a Bama victory.
    "Sometimes the juice is worth the squeeze." - Marcus Luttrell, 'Service - A Navy SEAL at War'

Re: It's about time... (UGA vs Bama in SECCG - NO TEASERS)

My question is, will the dawgs do the black out thing again for the game?

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamachile's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: It's about time... (UGA vs Bama in SECCG - NO TEASERS)

Growing up between Georgia and Alabama, I naturally have friends and family who pull for both. As a boy I was pretty upset for UGA in 1976, even with a confirmed and incurable case of elephantitis already evidencing itself.

As stated earlier, here's hoping we both stay injury free to beat the snot out of our non-SEC opponents in January. Roll Tide, Dawg!
    “Louisiana is a fresh-air mental asylum.”
    ― James Lee Burke, Pegasus Descending