It's about time... (UGA vs Bama in SECCG - NO TEASERS)

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
We've been playing this SEC title game since the conference split back in 1992, and I can honestly say that I've been waiting that entire time to see the Tide and the Dawgs play it out on the field. Honestly, I hate the fact that our two programs don't play each other more often than they do...but somehow, some way, playing the Tide in the SECCG just feels right.

I've always paid close attention to Alabama. Most of my non-UGA SEC friends are Bama fans. My better half is a Bama fan. I admire what Coach Saban has been able to do over there and how he has added to your already impressive history. It's easy to admire any program and fanbase that despises Auburn, Tennessee and Florida just as much as we do...so, despite the fact that these two programs will face off against each other next Saturday and there will be a winner and a loser, I will still admire and respect Bama for the program they are.

Bama will be favored, as well they should be. Your team is defending its BCS title and has proven itself over the course of the last 4 or 5 years. Georgia...well, we were on a good roll from 2002-2005, but between 2006 and this year, we've come down to earth a bit. I'm proud of the fact that our down years have been decent seasons for most every other team (8, 9 or 10 win seasons), but we still haven't proven ourselves on a national stage lately. We have a chance to do that this Saturday, but all bias aside, I certainly expect Bama to be favored and for good reason.

In all honesty, I think it's going to be a great game between two programs with lots of tradition and history. I think these are the two best teams in the SEC this year. Both have had stumbles...but both have put together seasons which each respective fanbase can be proud of. No matter what happens, either one is going to destroy the Irish in Miami. Obaviously, I'm hoping it's the Dawgs doing it, but if it's Bama, I'll be yelling "Roll Tide" in January.

Enjoy the week, Tide fans!
Great post. I don't have a problem saying Go Dawgs in January if it comes to that but I'm hoping not man ;-) RTR!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.