It's about time... (UGA vs Bama in SECCG - NO TEASERS)

Dawg151

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 10, 2001
Athens, GA, USA
We've been playing this SEC title game since the conference split back in 1992, and I can honestly say that I've been waiting that entire time to see the Tide and the Dawgs play it out on the field. Honestly, I hate the fact that our two programs don't play each other more often than they do...but somehow, some way, playing the Tide in the SECCG just feels right.

I've always paid close attention to Alabama. Most of my non-UGA SEC friends are Bama fans. My better half is a Bama fan. I admire what Coach Saban has been able to do over there and how he has added to your already impressive history. It's easy to admire any program and fanbase that despises Auburn, Tennessee and Florida just as much as we do...so, despite the fact that these two programs will face off against each other next Saturday and there will be a winner and a loser, I will still admire and respect Bama for the program they are.

Bama will be favored, as well they should be. Your team is defending its BCS title and has proven itself over the course of the last 4 or 5 years. Georgia...well, we were on a good roll from 2002-2005, but between 2006 and this year, we've come down to earth a bit. I'm proud of the fact that our down years have been decent seasons for most every other team (8, 9 or 10 win seasons), but we still haven't proven ourselves on a national stage lately. We have a chance to do that this Saturday, but all bias aside, I certainly expect Bama to be favored and for good reason.

In all honesty, I think it's going to be a great game between two programs with lots of tradition and history. I think these are the two best teams in the SEC this year. Both have had stumbles...but both have put together seasons which each respective fanbase can be proud of. No matter what happens, either one is going to destroy the Irish in Miami. Obaviously, I'm hoping it's the Dawgs doing it, but if it's Bama, I'll be yelling "Roll Tide" in January.

Enjoy the week, Tide fans!

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012
Re: It's about time...

Great,classy post. I look for a very hard fought game December 1st. I sure hope its the Tide that gets to whoop ND in January,but if not I too will be barking for the dawgs. So here's to a great,hard fought,entertaing,and most importantly,injury free SECCG!
We've been playing this SEC title game since the conference split back in 1992, and I can honestly say that I've been waiting that entire time to see the Tide and the Dawgs play it out on the field. Honestly, I hate the fact that our two programs don't play each other more often than they do...but somehow, some way, playing the Tide in the SECCG just feels right.

I've always paid close attention to Alabama. Most of my non-UGA SEC friends are Bama fans. My better half is a Bama fan. I admire what Coach Saban has been able to do over there and how he has added to your already impressive history. It's easy to admire any program and fanbase that despises Auburn, Tennessee and Florida just as much as we do...so, despite the fact that these two programs will face off against each other next Saturday and there will be a winner and a loser, I will still admire and respect Bama for the program they are.

Bama will be favored, as well they should be. Your team is defending its BCS title and has proven itself over the course of the last 4 or 5 years. Georgia...well, we were on a good roll from 2002-2005, but between 2006 and this year, we've come down to earth a bit. I'm proud of the fact that our down years have been decent seasons for most every other team (8, 9 or 10 win seasons), but we still haven't proven ourselves on a national stage lately. We have a chance to do that this Saturday, but all bias aside, I certainly expect Bama to be favored and for good reason.

In all honesty, I think it's going to be a great game between two programs with lots of tradition and history. I think these are the two best teams in the SEC this year. Both have had stumbles...but both have put together seasons which each respective fanbase can be proud of. No matter what happens, either one is going to destroy the Irish in Miami. Obaviously, I'm hoping it's the Dawgs doing it, but if it's Bama, I'll be yelling "Roll Tide" in January.

Enjoy the week, Tide fans!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

If both teams bring their A game I think it will be a close, entertaining game.

Obviously, we hope Bama wins. Stakes are huge. Semi-final game to play ND.

I think the winner of this game will be the next National Champion. May the best team win!

Drewy26

1st Team
Aug 16, 2008
Montgomery, AL

Having Yankee parents, I wasn't really aware of college football until the early 80s, when Hershell Walker was doing all that damage over at UGA. For this reason, I have always kind of liked your program.

That being said, I want Alabama to stomp a mudhole in the Dawgs on Saturday. After that, I can go back to quietly liking UGA.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

Nice post except for the teaser title:smile:

Since it is almost certain that the winner of this game will play for the BCS Championship, this game is really special; even more so than "just" UA vs UGA for the SEC.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va

Dawg151 wrote;
"In all honesty, I think it's going to be a great game between two programs with lots of tradition and history. I think these are the two best teams in the SEC this year. Both have had stumbles...but both have put together seasons which each respective fanbase can be proud of. No matter what happens, either one is going to destroy the Irish in Miami. Obaviously, I'm hoping it's the Dawgs doing it, but if it's Bama, I'll be yelling "Roll Tide" in January."

I can see where you would believe that. And I would be foolish to dispute it. But, I have to say, (and the rankings show it) that there are a number of really good teams in the SEC this year. Given the right conditions and bounces, there could have been many combinations of teams going at it in Atlanta this weekend. Bama is fortunate to have earned the opportunity to fight it out with the Dawgs. I expect to see a very hard-fought game and hopefully, no injuries for either squad. Good luck, but I'm hoping the Tide takes your doggies to the pound.
Roll Tsunami, Roll!

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Many of my friends are UGA alumni and, were it not for my love of Alabama, I likely would've been too. That being said, I always enjoy watching our boys play your boys. Thanks for stopping by and posting and here's to a great game with no injuries and a Bama victory. :)

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Growing up between Georgia and Alabama, I naturally have friends and family who pull for both. As a boy I was pretty upset for UGA in 1976, even with a confirmed and incurable case of elephantitis already evidencing itself.

As stated earlier, here's hoping we both stay injury free to beat the snot out of our non-SEC opponents in January. Roll Tide, Dawg!

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
Well, good luck in the game but I have honestly never cared for the Bulldogs in any shape or fashion. :BigA:

If by some miracle the bulldogs win the SECCG, I will not be pulling for you to win the NCG. I can't pull for any team that we recruit against every year.

RVTIDER

Hall of Fame
Oct 29, 2004
Tuscaloosa, Al.
Well, good luck in the game but I have honestly never cared for the Bulldogs in any shape or fashion. :BigA:

If by some miracle the bulldogs win the SECCG, I will not be pulling for you to win the NCG. I can't pull for any team that we recruit against every year.
Whoa.......You gonna pull for ND over the dawgs if they happen to beat us?

If Ga beats us Saturday, I will personally let the dogs out on ND. Woof Woof.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I'm happy we're finally playing someone in the SECCG that's not Florida.

Good luck. I'm nervous about the game and think it could go either way.

I'm not worried about Alabama recruiting as long as CNS is at Bama. If Georgia wins Saturday, I'll be calling Go Dawgs in January.

But I like Bama's chances!!! RTR!!!

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl
Growing up between Georgia and Alabama, I naturally have friends and family who pull for both. As a boy I was pretty upset for UGA in 1976, even with a confirmed and incurable case of elephantitis already evidencing itself.

As stated earlier, here's hoping we both stay injury free to beat the snot out of our non-SEC opponents in January. Roll Tide, Dawg!
There's another state in there?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.