Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3678910111213141516 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Breaking News: Gene Chizik fired!

Quote Originally Posted by Ldlane View Post
    I can't believe that on Conference Championship week this thread is still going strong!
    It makes for a delightful week to savor Auburn's follies and anticipate Bama's chance to be sec champs. Most of us like to do both at the same time; but personally I look much more forward to Bama's game than whatever Auburn does of course. It's just a nice add on to the week to hear of Auburn's tribulations. I look forward to hearing more.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

The "FAM" wants Petrino. The "BLY" wants Malzahn. Pass the popcorn, please.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tolerant on TideFans.com

CBS is running an article that says that anyone who wants the AU job right now should be disqualified for stupidity: LINK

"Taking a job opposite Saban? That's career suicide. In six years at Alabama he has run off two coaches at Auburn (Tommy Tuberville resigned, or something, in 2008) and helped run off three at Tennessee. Saban could even be the reason Meyer left Florida. That's not a sure thing--who knows what Meyer was thinking in 2009, and then 2010?--but it has to be considered. Sharing a conference with Nick Saban is like sharing a steak with a lion. Only one of you wins that battle. And it's not you."

BamaNation All-SEC Timberline Tide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering the new round of NCAA investigations underway perhaps they should just appoint a long-term interim coach.

I hear John L Smith is available.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

LSUFreek.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation All-American Al A Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post

LSUFreek.
    I never knew that Coach Saban could "get down" or whatever like that.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

BamaNation First Team Crimson Grin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I found a nice chinese rendition of Cheezedip and staff waiting for Jay Jacobs in the coaches planning room after the Alabama beat down. I think Cheezedip is going to be ok. (Warning Subtitles)

Clicky

RTR

Post Thanks / Like

They got about the only coach who would let certain persons hire their staff for him. They were turned down by decent coaches who insisted on hiring their own staffs. Now, Trooper is running things. What does that tell you?
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    They got about the only coach who would let certain persons hire their staff for him. They were turned down by decent coaches who insisted on hiring their own staffs. Now, Trooper is running things. What does that tell you?
    That they are insane. I cannot for the life of me figure out why any D1 football program would allow trooper within 100 miles of their facilities. i understand he is a good recruiter, but trouble follows him everywhere he goes.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    FootMouth on TideFans.com

I just thought of something. I believe Chizik is the shortest tenured head coach in *U history. Doug Barfield had 6 seasons. Tiny terry was in the middle of his 6th season when he left. Dye had 12 years. Tubbs had 10. If there ever was an *U coach with a shorter stint, it would definitely have been in the pre-Shug days.

BamaNation All-SEC bamagradinATL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Its obvious, they want to be put on probation.

BamaNation All-American Crimson1967's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

They're letting towel boy mind the store while they look for a new coach? Are you serious? How stupid are these people?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    They're letting towel boy mind the store while they look for a new coach? Are you serious? How stupid are these people?
    they think it will enable them to hang onto recruits. They are probably right.

The problem is the guys that want to play for him haven't exactly panned out so why bother?