Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 58910111213141516 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American Crimson Speed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Breaking News: Gene Chizik fired!

They just might end up with Petrino because he is damaged goods right now and they will never attract anyone else that comes close to his coaching ability. Although Petrino would be wise to pass and set out another year or so.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team dadleyblane5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I wonder if he'll spew information now about Scam Newton?.....

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Finebaum said that Gouge was not even at the game. Talk about ridiculous.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonChuck's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sassy on TideFans.com

Lucky #13

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    I hope he is able to find something soon, I do hate seeing someone lose a job. I feel bad for his family and the players.
    Chizik should never coach again. I would suggest televangelism as a future career.

Chizik is not a "good person". He cares only about himself, despite all of his religious puffery. He was entrusted with the well being of the young men that were recruited to Auburn, and he did nothing for them.
    "I mean... who is Auburn?"

Stanley McClover

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

With Cheezwhiz' recent record, I doubt he would get any legitimate offers. I mean, not even a high school would want to hire a coach who can't motivate his players to win a single conference game!

BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Auburn reportedly interviewed Charlie Strong... He'd be an idiot to take the job when more attractive offers may come, imo...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...cording-report

BamaNation Second Team theshow4jsu_13's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He'd be insane to take the job at *U, but Strong is a good coach. Could bring some discipline and stability to that dump.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonSEC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

A caller to Fbaum asked him straight out, "Why is Trooper Taylor still employed at Auburn when the rest of the coaches were fired?"

He said "Because he wants to be. Somebody probably told him to just keep going in to work and he did. Nobody there wants to confront him about it so they just don't."

Cracked me up.
    Lee

"A long way," he said after being asked how far the Crimson Tide had come since Coach Nick Saban arrived three years ago. "I guess you could say it's the distance from Shreveport to Pasadena."
    Mike Johnson

BamaNation First Team Im_on_dsp's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonSEC View Post
    A caller to Fbaum asked him straight out, "Why is Trooper Taylor still employed at Auburn when the rest of the coaches were fired?"
    Because someone from *uburn has to keep calling whatever recruiting commitments they have and try to keep them on board until the new staff can take over.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Im_on_dsp View Post
    Because someone from *uburn has to keep calling whatever recruiting commitments they have and try to keep them on board until the new staff can take over.
    This is correct. Usually one carryover is kept in the office to maintain contact with the recruits/prospects (there really is a difference). Trooper is both logical and also a puzzle. He's their best recruiter, without any doubt, but he's also the reason they'll be receiving sanctions - he's been off the road for months. It begins to look like another case of AU "rolling the dice..."
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Did they fire any of the other coaches or are they waiting until the new guy is hired and then he gets to fire them?

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonSEC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    Did they fire any of the other coaches or are they waiting until the new guy is hired and then he gets to fire them?
    They were fired and told they could reapply for jobs with the new head coach.

Posted by Im_on_dsp Because someone from *uburn has to keep calling whatever recruiting commitments they have and try to keep them on board until the new staff can take over.
    I know, I just found Fbaums pot stirring amusing.
    Last edited by CrimsonSEC; November 29th, 2012 at 07:07 PM.
    Lee

"A long way," he said after being asked how far the Crimson Tide had come since Coach Nick Saban arrived three years ago. "I guess you could say it's the distance from Shreveport to Pasadena."
    Mike Johnson