Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Breaking News: Gene Chizik fired!

Dang! It took nearly ALL day for them to make this call! I am more interested in the fate of Trooper and Luper.

2. Advertisement

We already broke it on the football thread last night We said within 24 hours.

BamaNation First Team marcusroby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    You'll get no gloating over this from me. Never like to see anyone lose a job. Particularly since other families' Income is tied to this. Leoffler & VanGorder just moved their families and now here they go again. No love for Auburn, but from a human side I feel for them. Not to mention Chizik losing his mother in the midst of all this.

But the coaching profession being what it is, I know they'll all land on their feet somewhere.

Meanwhile, SNASS
    I concur

Great! No more commercials with Chizik riding around around in a Ford truck saying war eagle and hauling tp around.

BamaNation First Team BamaScooter16's Avatar

The article said that all assistants were fired by Jacobs, but could reapply to whoever is named as the next head coach.

I saw a comment on there that some of them wanted Trooper to replace Chizik. Silly barners.....
    At an end your rule is, and not short enough it was!

Nick Saban to Tommy Tubberville

BamaNation All-American EscaTider's Avatar

Breaking News: Gene Chizik fired!

What took them so long?

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

You'll get no gloating over this from me. Never like to see anyone lose a job. Particularly since other families' Income is tied to this. Leoffler & VanGorder just moved their families and now here they go again. No love for Auburn, but from a human side I feel for them. Not to mention Chizik losing his mother in the midst of all this.

But the coaching profession being what it is, I know they'll all land on their feet somewhere.

Meanwhile, SNASS
    Yep, I have to agree.. My Dad lost his job of over 25 years last week due to the union strike on Hostess. He is near retirement age and will looking for a job in a tough market weeks before Christmas.
    “And the roses in this grand ol’ stadium are once again Crimson!” - Eli Gold, Jan 7th, 2010

Alabama wasn’t just dominating Monday night. They were some word that has yet to be invented in the English language. - Aaron Torres, Jan 10th, 2012

"If this was a prize fight, they'd call it off!" - Brent Musberger, Jan 7th, 2013

Suspended
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Haahaahaha and noooooooooo!

Meanwhile, SNASS
    Mack - I agree with you. No reason to gloat. We "finished him off" as the article mentioned in classic fashion. I guess it's only natural to "spike the football" a little bit when that putrid program is in such disaray.

That said, anyone entering into a coaching career must understand they will be journeymen until they reach a level of a Nick Saban and can write their own ticket. Most coaches at the D-1 level are handsomely compensated and I expect they will all find new locales to wallow in the misery of the last two years.

Quote Originally Posted by TideFan in AU View Post
    Yep, I have to agree.. My Dad lost his job of over 25 years last week due to the union strike on Hostess. He is near retirement age and will looking for a job in a tough market weeks before Christmas.
    Hate to hear that. Good Luck to your dad.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Bodhisattva's Avatar
    My Mood
    Bookworm on TideFans.com

It's a God thing.
    Bodhi

Lily (age 6): Daddy, I know what I want to be when I grow up: an artist.
    Bodhi (internally groaning): Yeah? What kind of artist?
    Lily: A balloon animal artist!
    Bodhi (face palm)

BamaNation Hall of Fame Bodhisattva's Avatar
    My Mood
    Bookworm on TideFans.com

Now that Jim has a lot more free time, maybe he can make use of that dental plan.
    Bodhi

Lily (age 6): Daddy, I know what I want to be when I grow up: an artist.
    Bodhi (internally groaning): Yeah? What kind of artist?
    Lily: A balloon animal artist!
    Bodhi (face palm)

BamaNation All-SEC KrimsonNinja's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

No more Cheez Sticks? That's cool. I just can't wait to see what poor sap they get to take over that program.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell