Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: Breaking News: Gene Chizik fired!

I hope he is able to find something soon, I do hate seeing someone lose a job. I feel bad for his family and the players.

Now the fans...I don't feel bad for.
    Roll Tide

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Depressed on TideFans.com

On a personal level, you do have to have a bit of compassion when anyone loses a job and especially in this economy. But maybe I'm just different.

As an evangelical I was put off by God references coming in a situation where GC either knew Auburn was crooked or is more blind than Helen Keller. I'm consistent: I hated it when a certain former coach of ours did virtually the same thing.

Chizik maintained no true divine honor in this situation. He either went along with dirty deeds or should not have answered in his non-answering way the Cam Newton allegations. I took particular offense because I don't think you take something in the toilet and put ketchup on it and that makes it ok. I'll admit to being a little put out with a few of the comments here that will suggest that because Gene is a believer that trumps all. Gene then needs to resign in the name of integrity (ok too late for that), turn down the money changers millions dollar buyout and go share his faith in a soup kitchen. This tale was more sordid because Cecil Newton also hid behind religion. Should I therefore conclude now that God was okay with Auburn's cheating but abandoned Gene and Auburn like Saul and the armor bearer over some unspecified worse sin?

I do not respect anyone who cornered invokes God as if that cuts off all inquiry or makes wrong right. Dubious did that and now Gene. If you're going to claim more virtue then you need to show it else you shouldn't claim it.

Sorry if I preached or crossed the line. No offense was intended.
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again
    But until that day you know you are
    The queen of my heart

BamaNation All-SEC

I hate he got fired. I really looked forward to total domination the next few years. Not that I see it changing anytime soon. I'm sure Chizik will survive getting $7.5m over the next few years. He'll be a analyst on ESPN for a couple of years and be back into the coaching carousel. Loerfler and VanGorder will be just fine too. Luper and Trooper need to get out of the profession. They really do kids a disservice IMO. I wonder if this investigation will tie any wrongdoings to those two coaches.

BamaNation Second Team scoretide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0424 View Post
    I doubt it...from what I've heard, Petrino can't even get an interview with the Barn now. Now, perhaps this "search committee" will go over Jacobs head, which seals his fate, but if JJ has a hand...it won't be Bobby P.
    You have heard wrong! Bobby P is very much in play at Auburn. The give someone another chance!!! Has been mentioned. " I DO HAVE A SOURCE WITHIN THE ATHLETIC COMPLEX " DOWN THERE. gus the bus is in play as well, And i can tell you thay have contacted Chris Peterson at Boise. Frankilin at VANDY has had a question asked to him as well. YALL, CAN DELETE MY POST BUT THIS IS NOT HEARSAY OR RUMOR'S
    "saban has awoken a sleeping GIANT"

DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

That buyout is huge for an athletic department that has not made money in years.

Also, what is Pat Sullivan doing on this committee? How can the Samford athletic department be fine with this?
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    I hope he is able to find something soon, I do hate seeing someone lose a job. I feel bad for his family and the players.

Now the fans...I don't feel bad for.
    He'll get at least $156,250 per month for the next 48 months if he doesn't work. Don't feel too bad for him.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scoretide View Post
    You have heard wrong! Bobby P is very much in play at Auburn. The give someone another chance!!! Has been mentioned. " I DO HAVE A SOURCE WITHIN THE ATHLETIC COMPLEX " DOWN THERE. gus the bus is in play as well, And i can tell you thay have contacted Chris Peterson at Boise. Frankilin at VANDY has had a question asked to him as well. YALL, CAN DELETE MY POST BUT THIS IS NOT HEARSAY OR RUMOR'S
    No... it's just message board drivel.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation Hall of Fame GreatDanish's Avatar

I don't get it. 5-19 gets you hired, but 33-19 gets you fired...

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I'm a lot more worried about the guy's dad at Hostess than I am about Chizik's financial future.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Depressed on TideFans.com

1) Is Saban a prospective Auburn hire?

No.

Then in all sincerity - why do we even care?

( Short and to the point).
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again
    But until that day you know you are
    The queen of my heart

BamaNation First Team BamaFanatJSU's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by GreatDanish View Post
    I don't get it. 5-19 gets you hired, but 33-19 (1-3 against UA) gets you fired...
    It didn't make sense then, but it sure makes sense now.

BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by scoretide View Post

Yeah I have sources too...just mine are family, live in Auburn, and hunt with the football teams head of security... They don't hide in grassy knolls, dumpsters, or with the bag man...