Gene Chizik fired - now what?

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Re: Breaking News: Gene Chizik fired!

I'd take my 7.5 Million and find me a FCS or small school to coach!

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama

Yeah I have sources too...just mine are family, live in Auburn, and hunt with the football teams head of security... They don't hide in grassy knolls, dumpsters, or with the bag man...
Look man I work in Athletics all over Alabama, And This info is not from a Grassy knoll or dumpster. My source is over the Athletic facility's at the ugliest village on the plains, We did the new basketball scoreboard in their new arena a couple of years AGO And met some intresting people down there. THESE ARE THE NAME S THAT have been tossed around. Chiz was really given a major blow after the TEXAS A&M GAME. I can also tell you that trooper thug has even thrown chiz under the bus during the last few weeks.

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama

The Auburn cult is deeply divided over Petrino, which is a good thing.
There's an old saying about houses divided.

Besides, a Petrino hire makes a mockery of that voodoo chant they call a creed.
You are absolutley correct about Auburn cult being divided over petrino !!!

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina

I could understand if they were hurting for money... The buyouts they have are fairly substantial... Between Chizik and his top 8 assistants, they get $11 million...
Not to mention all the back payola retirements they still have to keep up so that certain mouths remain closed.

BamaSam1

Scout Team
Dec 12, 2011

I wonder what kind of impact any impending sanctions will have on who would take the job.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA

I have a hard time feeling much sympathy for any major college football coach that is fired. They're making millions of dollars teaching kids how to play a game while police officers, firemen, EMTs, military personnel and others are facing more stressful situations where the outcomes are infinitely more important than that of a football game and are making a pittance in comparison. These coaches should simply be happy that a large enough portion of the population are willing to watch the games, spend money on tickets and merchandise, and make donations to athletic departments to allow them to make their huge salaries.

In his 4 years as the head coach at Auburn, Gene Chizik made approximately the same amount that an average physician will make in their entire lifetime. He should have enough money to live comfortably even if he never has another job in his life. If he doesn't, then I certainly have no pity for him.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

In his 4 years as the head coach at Auburn, Gene Chizik made approximately the same amount that an average physician will make in their entire lifetime. He should have enough money to live comfortably even if he never has another job in his life. If he doesn't, then I certainly have no pity for him.
...and to think, all he has to do is keep his mouth shut about Cam Newton

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I wonder what kind of impact any impending sanctions will have on who would take the job.
It's going to have a big impact..Why would any established HC want to walk into an unknown NCAA mess..The longer the NCAA stretches this thing out in Lee County..It will have a negative impact..Unless Petrino takes the job..I just don't see them hiring a quality HC..This may sound dumb too most of ya..If I was auburn..I would beg Pat Sullivan too take the job..Get him to ride out whatever mess the NCAA throws at them..And then go after a big time HC in a few years..He could bring stability through whatever mess unfolds with the NCAA..Cause things are about to get bad in Lee County I have a feeling..The NCAA doesn't come to a campus interviewing folks for secondary type violations..

pigsinspace

1st Team
Jan 26, 2011

It's going to have a big impact..Why would any established HC want to walk into an unknown NCAA mess..The longer the NCAA stretches this thing out in Lee County..It will have a negative impact..Unless Petrino takes the job..I just don't see them hiring a quality HC..This may sound dumb too most of ya..If I was auburn..I would beg Pat Sullivan too take the job..Get him to ride out whatever mess the NCAA throws at them..And then go after a big time HC in a few years..He could bring stability through whatever mess unfolds with the NCAA..Cause things are about to get bad in Lee County I have a feeling..The NCAA doesn't come to a campus interviewing folks for secondary type violations..
I would take the job in a heartbeat. All they have to do is give me Saban level control over the football program.:biggrin:

I thought this was pretty funny seen it in itat.

-Bob Stoops
-Kirby Smart
-Charlie Strong
-James Franklin
-Jeff Fisher
-Larry Fedora
-David Shaw
Please. Kiby Smart is not a TD hire. What because he coaches for the little migit that makes him a home run hire. The rest of your list looks good. Replace Petrino with Smart and that would a great list

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.

I have a hard time feeling much sympathy for any major college football coach that is fired. They're making millions of dollars teaching kids how to play a game while police officers, firemen, EMTs, military personnel and others are facing more stressful situations where the outcomes are infinitely more important than that of a football game and are making a pittance in comparison. These coaches should simply be happy that a large enough portion of the population are willing to watch the games, spend money on tickets and merchandise, and make donations to athletic departments to allow them to make their huge salaries.

Exactly!!!
Chizik made close to $10m during his tenure on the plains, not to mention his buyout. IDK the pay scale for coaches at AU, but I'm betting none of them have to get a part time job at Walmart to make ends meet. It's not like he was blindsided by what goes down over there, heck, he worked there before.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.