Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Re: Breaking News: Gene Chizik fired!

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Tom View Post
    All the HC talk is meaningless unless JJ oh excuse me Pat Dye is forced out.

They have Always had Left Overs for Any new coach to deal with. HC at API is just a figure head, we all know who rus the program from the outside for the last 20 years. So, don't dismiss it when someone says they heard so & so will stay. Logical thinking at API?

Unless these folks are shown the door then nothing will ever change at API. I for one hope they don't fire JJ & dismiss Dye. They are really good for API football.

I believe PFD has talked up VanGorder this year as well.

2. Advertisement

I find it most interesting that "GM" Tim Jackson is being re-assigned outside football, apparently.

Ditka to interview

"This just in: the grim reaper came today for Ditka. It wasn't even close. Ditka kicked the crap out of him so bad that the reaper begged for mercy and asked if Ditka would accept a stroke. Ditka allowed it to happen because the reaper was so pitiful, weeping like a child. The stroke took 2% of Ditka's brain capacity. Now, the stroke that attacked Ditka is the second most knowledgeable football entity on earth."

Quote Originally Posted by GreatDanish View Post
    Would be fine with a Petrino hire. He will win them some games, maybe even against us, but he leaves every program worse than he found it. That would be good with me.
    could he possibly leave the barn in worse shape than they already are in, would really like to see that

If they want to hire a coach as good as Coach Saban (if that's possible), the JJ's, the Dye's and all others must go. The house needs to be cleaned and the infestation of termites and rats has to be exterminated. If they want a Coach Saban type coach, just fire everybody and let the new coach hire the new A.D. et al so there is a supportive team and environment.

If we had a young Coach Bryant type, do you think he would accept the job with all that rif raf down there on the Plains? If I were as good as a Coach Saban or Coach Bryant, I'd tell them that if I were hired, I'd be the one in charge of everything related to athletics and if the higher administration and Board of Trustees were not supportive of my efforts they can just hire Coach Dye, et al. My salary would need to be at least $10 million a year to deal with the headaches and my wife would also need a $5 million a year salary to put up with me during the transition from turning the Barn from a loser to being a winner. The winning would begin with the first year hopefully. At least there would be ONLY winners on the playing field and in the locker room. It would be similar to a Junction, TX situation regarding work ethic. You gotta know who wants to play and who wants to get in trouble. You gotta know who's a WINNER and who is a LOSER! The losers have got to go! You must show Class or your 2/3 of class has to go!
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

My Mood
    Cynical on TideFans.com

7.5 million buyout is not too shabby.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jack Bourbon's Avatar
    My Mood
    Persnickety on TideFans.com

They lost by an average of 35-10 in conference play, if my math is correct. Pretty frigging horrible.

I have to believe this dribble about a coaching search is BS. They already know who the next coach is. Petrino is my bet. They actually believe he can come in and rule the SEC at AU. Someone needs to look and see if a new motorcycle parking area has been created at the athletic complex in Auburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0424 View Post
    I could understand if they were hurting for money... The buyouts they have are fairly substantial... Between Chizik and his top 8 assistants, they get $11 million...
    Hush money..........
    JUST WIN
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Tebow cried, Cam lied, Trees died, and LSU tried..........ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by theballguy View Post
    Too bad Chizik had to go. I was enjoying his stay there more and more. Petrino would fit in perfectly there. A match made in hell for both of them.
    The Auburn cult is deeply divided over Petrino, which is a good thing.
    There's an old saying about houses divided.

Besides, a Petrino hire makes a mockery of that voodoo chant they call a creed.

The "all in" coach is out and the door shut in his face. So much for the all in family.

BamaNation Second Team

I have browsed a couple of their sites today and barners are flat out hysterical. I feel dirty, but entertained thouroughly. Man they are cultish. They don't don't take well to opposing views and even a touch of non-biased discussion is met with contempt and down right meaness. Crazy for a bunch that just fired a coach who is better than Saban. (I know this because several told me so and PFD believes it) What a bunch, These people live among us. (whith apologies to those who are in houses divided.)

What was that Dye said about Chizik vs Saban? Wasn't it that he would not trade Chizik for 10 Sabans?

Well he traded Chizik for NO Sabans!
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry