Gene Chizik fired - now what?

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Re: Breaking News: Gene Chizik fired!

I don't get it. 5-19 gets you hired, but 33-19 gets you fired...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

I'm a lot more worried about the guy's dad at Hostess than I am about Chizik's financial future.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

1) Is Saban a prospective Auburn hire?

No.

Then in all sincerity - why do we even care?

( Short and to the point).

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

You have heard wrong! Bobby P is very much in play at Auburn. The give someone another chance!!! Has been mentioned. " I DO HAVE A SOURCE WITHIN THE ATHLETIC COMPLEX " DOWN THERE. gus the bus is in play as well, And i can tell you thay have contacted Chris Peterson at Boise. Frankilin at VANDY has had a question asked to him as well. YALL, CAN DELETE MY POST BUT THIS IS NOT HEARSAY OR RUMOR'S

Yeah I have sources too...just mine are family, live in Auburn, and hunt with the football teams head of security... They don't hide in grassy knolls, dumpsters, or with the bag man...

lafella

Hall of Fame
Nov 27, 2006
Baldwin County, AL.

I don't feel bad for the staff they all helped in the disaster over there. If you do not do your job or just plain aren't good at it I understand you should be fired. It's not like these folks are going to be living out of a cardboard box anytime soon. It's the nature of the profession they got themselves into.

They will all get jobs again relatively soon.

I do hate to see them go though. I sure was enjoying the superb floundering going on over that way.

I just wonder if they go after a Defensive minded coach or Offensive minded coach.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

Petrino "available and would come cheap and an ethical liability"' there's the new au HC he has everything they are looking for.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL

Don't feel sorry for anyone associated with API.

They Paid Cam & got away with it, won A Title because of it.

Now they get what they deserve, yes even Cheese, you know he knew!

This All In, We Are Family, It's a God thing, was just over the top & cultish. Cheese lead the way on this.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

The gator forums think UCF will try to hire Chizik. He may not be out of a job soon.

eta...I wonder if they meant USF? With holtz probably out.

Last edited:

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

Seeing the names on that list makes me realize how crazy we looked back in the day when 'bama websites listed all those "pie in the sky" names that wanted to be head coaches.

Crimson Speed

All-American
Oct 2, 2005
The Shoals, North West Alabama

I could understand if they were hurting for money... The buyouts they have are fairly substantial... Between Chizik and his top 8 assistants, they get $11 million...
$11 million; that is a lot of pocket change. These guys get paid to get it done on the field. They chose this profession, knowing up front, if they don't perform, they will not survive. I don't see any need for sympathy. Chizik will walk with enough money to live great for the rest of his life, and his assistants are not exactly headed to the soup lines. Chizik may be a good guy, I really don't know. The barn made the poor decision to bring him in as a head coach and he made an even worse decision to take a job he could not handle.
Look for them to be courting Jim Bo Fisher and Charlie Strong; not that they will land either one.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012

Watching the press conference, my stepdad walked by and said "Yep Auburn bout to go on probation".

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Take it for what it's worth, which is what I plan to do, but an AU friend says the defensive coordinator will survive this and stick at AU, if he chooses, and will be given veto power over any head coach decision. He hates Petrino.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.