Gene Chizik fired - now what?

Crimson Grin

1st Team
Jan 27, 2005
Georgia
Re: Breaking News: Gene Chizik fired!

I found a nice chinese rendition of Cheezedip and staff waiting for Jay Jacobs in the coaches planning room after the Alabama beat down. I think Cheezedip is going to be ok. (Warning Subtitles)

Clicky

RTR

:D

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

They got about the only coach who would let certain persons hire their staff for him. They were turned down by decent coaches who insisted on hiring their own staffs. Now, Trooper is running things. What does that tell you?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

They got about the only coach who would let certain persons hire their staff for him. They were turned down by decent coaches who insisted on hiring their own staffs. Now, Trooper is running things. What does that tell you?
That they are insane. I cannot for the life of me figure out why any D1 football program would allow trooper within 100 miles of their facilities. i understand he is a good recruiter, but trouble follows him everywhere he goes.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008

I just thought of something. I believe Chizik is the shortest tenured head coach in *U history. Doug Barfield had 6 seasons. Tiny terry was in the middle of his 6th season when he left. Dye had 12 years. Tubbs had 10. If there ever was an *U coach with a shorter stint, it would definitely have been in the pre-Shug days.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX

Its obvious, they want to be put on probation.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

They're letting towel boy mind the store while they look for a new coach? Are you serious? How stupid are these people?

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

They're letting towel boy mind the store while they look for a new coach? Are you serious? How stupid are these people?
they think it will enable them to hang onto recruits. They are probably right.

The problem is the guys that want to play for him haven't exactly panned out so why bother?

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL

That they are insane. I cannot for the life of me figure out why any D1 football program would allow trooper within 100 miles of their facilities. i understand he is a good recruiter, but trouble follows him everywhere he goes.
The first step is admitting there are no problems.

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011

There were only three contracted thru summer 2014---right? Two are gone. One remains. Sounds like he's negotiating. :biggrin2:

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Breaking News: Gene Chizik fired!

Insane. Let the loonies run the asylum. Sheesh.

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama

Its obvious, they want to be put on probation.
According to them, we're the ones who put them on the road to an NCAA investigation because we control the "SEC corporation" and the media and the NCAA itself.

Their victim mentality runs deep.
It's pathological.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

I've been busy all day - so Trooper Taylor - the towel-waving fool who's responsible for most of Auburn's recent problems - is in charge in the interim?

Geez.

And after reading Scarbo's recent column, it's awful hard to feel sorry for Chiz. His wife and kids, yes, but the man himself - he brought this on himself.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA

According to them, we're the ones who put them on the road to an NCAA investigation because we control the "SEC corporation" and the media and the NCAA itself.

Their victim mentality runs deep.
It's pathological.
They're correct. I was going through my gas and lodging receipts back in June and found my unsigned "Red Elephant Club Official NCAA Investigation Against Auburn Mobilization Order" in the shoebox. I filled out the form putting in the usual recruiting violations in the "Charges to Make Up" section, put in two years bowl ban, loss of 50 scholarships, and 10 years probation for suggested punishment, signed it and mailed it into the special P.O. box for direct REC correspondence to the NCAA.

I guess that they were waiting on my form. Everyone else said they got theirs in last March and wondered what was the holdup. Well, better late than never, eh?:wink:

cindym

All-SEC
Oct 14, 2009
saraland, al

I find this hard to believe. Their defense was horrible this year, so why would they keep him? Besides, the new incoming head coach will make those decisions.
I think it's been established that they have no sense. What so ever!!!!!!!!

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

They kept Trooper around for "recruiting purposes" yet he is sidelined from doing out of town recruiting?! Someone 'splain to me how this makes sense? I think he is there to keep Foster and other kids from jumping ship and as soon as NSD has come and gone, he gets his walking papers. Another huge LIE within the Auburn Fambily. SMH :mad2:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I find this hard to believe. Their defense was horrible this year, so why would they keep him? Besides, the new incoming head coach will make those decisions.
This is just my opinion about BVG..It's obvious the players had already quit on Chizik before BVG ever walked onto campus..BVG never had a chance to prove himself..I'm not making excuses for him..Cause at the end of the day he was the DC..But..He never had a chance to put out a good D..When the players are going through the motions without playing with an ounce of pride..The end results is exactly what auburn produced..A really really bad D..Bout the worse I've seen..BVG was the poster boy of a "Lame Duck" coach..If I had the least bit of pity for anyone on their coaching staff..It would be BVG..That's JMHO..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.