Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Georgia player says Dawgs 'more talented' than Tide

Quote Originally Posted by Bama1985 View Post
    Bacarri Rambo says Dawgs 'more talented' than Tide

ESPN Radio
    Georgia Safety Bacarri Rambo told College GameDay on ESPN Radio that the Bulldogs have better players across the board than Alabama.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8670108
    And we're to also believe that he's academically eligible to play - given his idiotic comment? Let me go out on a limb here - Bacarri Rambo isn't up for a Rhodes Scholar position.......
    JUST WIN
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Tebow cried, Cam lied, Trees died, and LSU tried..........ROLL TIDE!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

I have concerns about Georgia players holding a ball carrier up, not allowing him to touch his knees while Rambo is steadily punching and pulling at the ball. The officials should blow the whistle when they see that all forward progress has stopped.
    Life is short, ocassionally bend the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

UGA has had good recruiting classes for several years now but how many Nat'l Championships do they have? They have a history of under achievement and I look for that tred to continue.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Just Win View Post
    And we're to also believe that he's academically eligible to play - given his idiotic comment? Let me go out on a limb here - Bacarri Rambo isn't up for a Rhodes Scholar position.......
    Remember that Pat Dye was an ACADEMIC All-American at UGA

Last edited by TrueGritnPluck; November 25th, 2012 at 06:48 PM.

BamaNation First Team TheOysterMan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Breezy on TideFans.com

Good lord y'all will get up in the air about anything won't ya. There was nothing disrespectful said. I want our players believing in us just like I expect they believe in their players. They are 11-1 and #3 in the country. Why wouldn't they think they are the elite team. Just because they don't bow down to us makes no reason to say they are disrespectful. Type A personalities are usually the leaders of the team no matter if its football or business or any other aspect of life. I use these motivations for my team at work, telling them they are better than everyone else and challenging our competition to try and be better than us. Most of the time if I come across people that think I am just shooting off at the mouth and they can just dominate us because of who they are, I will win. If you don't have confidence in yourself, than who else will? This game, and the talk that lies therein should be about the confidence we have in our players, and the confidence they have in themselves. At this point in the season, if they are looking for bulletin board material from a senior leader on a great team, then we are in trouble. Someone else said that Saban would be mad if CJ or other players said this. I would think he would want them to feel this way. And before somebody says its different in saying it and feeling it, there isn't. If you believe in yourself, then believe in yourself when your asked the question. People get their feelings hurt too easily these days. Roll Tide and lets just go be better than them. Period.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by James Eagle View Post
    UGA has had good recruiting classes for several years now but how many Nat'l Championships do they have? They have a history of under achievement and I look for that tred to continue.
    we've had better recruiting classes than them since 2008, even better than their dream team

yes they do underachieve. also, alot of their recruits from the past 4 years are no longer with the team, or have spent time in the pokey (not mutually exclusive )
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheOysterMan View Post
    Good lord y'all will get up in the air about anything won't ya. There was nothing disrespectful said. I want our players believing in us just like I expect they believe in their players. They are 11-1 and #3 in the country. Why wouldn't they think they are the elite team. Just because they don't bow down to us makes no reason to say they are disrespectful. Type A personalities are usually the leaders of the team no matter if its football or business or any other aspect of life. I use these motivations for my team at work, telling them they are better than everyone else and challenging our competition to try and be better than us. Most of the time if I come across people that think I am just shooting off at the mouth and they can just dominate us because of who they are, I will win. If you don't have confidence in yourself, than who else will? This game, and the talk that lies therein should be about the confidence we have in our players, and the confidence they have in themselves. At this point in the season, if they are looking for bulletin board material from a senior leader on a great team, then we are in trouble. Someone else said that Saban would be mad if CJ or other players said this. I would think he would want them to feel this way. And before somebody says its different in saying it and feeling it, there isn't. If you believe in yourself, then believe in yourself when your asked the question. People get their feelings hurt too easily these days. Roll Tide and lets just go be better than them. Period.
    i hate that people think that way as well. seems to be the norm. it's not like they are Georgia Southern or anything. they do have plenty of talent.

BamaNation First Team JustNeedMe81's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amazed on TideFans.com

I think it'll be very good match up between Georgia and Alabama. I know Bulldogs are talented at every position, but I have yet to see consistency play out of them this season. I expect this to be close battle between two team. It may be like LSU game.. but only Alabama play much better this time. I expect this to be under 20 point games.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gamersfuel View Post
    i hate that people think that way as well. seems to be the norm. it's not like they are Georgia Southern or anything. they do have plenty of talent.
    they do have plenty of talent, i just find it humorous that the guy who hasn't been much of a team player (hasn't played a season opener in two years due to suspension) starts bragging to the media after their team is "peaking" (i.e. blowing through a candy cane november schedule like expected). it's no biggie, like i have posted elsewhere. georgia never lacks for talent, and never lacks for their own thoughts of the superiority of that talent, it hasn't paid many dividends for them in the past 5 years.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheOysterMan View Post
    I think stating "We have better players across the board, especially on defense" was rather poor form.

But I am elated that a team leader has that attitude, and would imagine that it is seeping into the team mindset as a whole.

Can you imagine CNS if Nico made those comments?

BamaNation Second Team BAMA JAMMA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing Rambo said makes me disgruntled nor should it you. It's a young man boasting about his team. Was it good form or even disrespecting the Tide? No. Of course he is going to think his team is better. I'm sure he respects our team just like we respect theirs. Even if he doesn't who cares? He didn't steal your lunch money. Let them talk. We will do ours on the field.

People can think what they want but Georgia is no slouch. They are loaded with NFL draft talent. They are coming on late in the season, which can be scarier in my opinion. It will be a battle for 60 minutes, maybe even longer. We better come in firing on all cylinders. The last two teams we beat haven't given us any indicator where we stack up against quality SEC teams again so it will be interesting. Roll Tide.
    Last edited by BAMA JAMMA; November 25th, 2012 at 08:04 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

I know it's not like he said we were bad, but at best, his comments reflect a poorly articulated thought expressing confidence in his team. I don't see a CNS player ever coming close to saying that publicly; they may think it, but they know not to give the other team bulletin board material. Also, I'll be interested to see how they (UGA) play on Saturday; if the team feels they are "better," are they going to be complacent in their preparation then?

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by jps1983 View Post
    I know it's not like he said we were bad, but at best, his comments reflect a poorly articulated thought expressing confidence in his team. I don't see a CNS player ever coming close to saying that publicly; they may think it, but they know not to give the other team bulletin board material. Also, I'll be interested to see how they (UGA) play on Saturday; if the team feels they are "better," are they going to be complacent in their preparation then?
    Good points. Overconfidence does lead to complacency