Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Georgia player says Dawgs 'more talented' than Tide

Quote Originally Posted by TheOysterMan View Post
    Good lord y'all will get up in the air about anything won't ya. There was nothing disrespectful said. I want our players believing in us just like I expect they believe in their players. They are 11-1 and #3 in the country. Why wouldn't they think they are the elite team. Just because they don't bow down to us makes no reason to say they are disrespectful. Type A personalities are usually the leaders of the team no matter if its football or business or any other aspect of life. I use these motivations for my team at work, telling them they are better than everyone else and challenging our competition to try and be better than us. Most of the time if I come across people that think I am just shooting off at the mouth and they can just dominate us because of who they are, I will win. If you don't have confidence in yourself, than who else will? This game, and the talk that lies therein should be about the confidence we have in our players, and the confidence they have in themselves. At this point in the season, if they are looking for bulletin board material from a senior leader on a great team, then we are in trouble. Someone else said that Saban would be mad if CJ or other players said this. I would think he would want them to feel this way. And before somebody says its different in saying it and feeling it, there isn't. If you believe in yourself, then believe in yourself when your asked the question. People get their feelings hurt too easily these days. Roll Tide and lets just go be better than them. Period.
    I don't think we have our drawers in an uproar over it. Just licking our chops because we know where this kind of "swagger" leads to. RTR!!!
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theballguy View Post
    I don't think we have our drawers in an uproar over it. Just licking our chops because we know where this kind of "swagger" leads to. RTR!!!
    Good point--Pride cometh before a fall....

BamaNation First Team RollinTider1335's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Georgia player says Dawgs 'more talented' than Tide

Typical UGa. No surprise here.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

He was kind of cornered into a response like that and it is really hard to expect him to say that he doesn't think his team is talented. I guess he could have more artfully stated the answer to pump up his team and give proper respect to the opponent. The old "we've got good players and they do too" would have probably worked but not everyone can think on their feet in interview situations like a head coach or politician.

I would hope our team doesn't need bulletin board material when all the goals are on the table...

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    HaHa on TideFans.com

Georgia player says Dawgs 'more talented' than Tide

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    Something about already having played the #2 team this year and it went well (in reference to the Florida game).
    Why would that come from him? Sad...
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    He was kind of cornered into a response like that and it is really hard to expect him to say that he doesn't think his team is talented. I guess he could have more artfully stated the answer to pump up his team and give proper respect to the opponent. The old "we've got good players and they do too" would have probably worked but not everyone can think on their feet in interview situations like a head coach or politician.

I would hope our team doesn't need bulletin board material when all the goals are on the table...
    I don't think any team NEEDS the bulletin board material in a game like this but knowing that their coach and players say stuff like this can only give us added motivation. It isn't the main motivation, but the little extra motivation can't hurt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Why would that come from him? Sad...
    i think a reporter was asking about their schedule this year. regardless, with as sloppy a game as they played i would think he would have a better answer (something like, we can't control our schedule, but we can control how we play, yada yada).

remember, richt is the same guy who thought it would be a bright idea to have his entire bench rush the field after scoring a td against florida. he is a tool
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

It worked out for them...they absolutely trashed Florida that year. After Florida had mostly dominated the Richt-led UGA, they needed a change of mentality. I mean, the series has been much more close since that moment: they've went 3-3 after he started 1-5 against Florida.

BamaNation First Team Rolltide_PA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

from an NFL draft perspective for 2013 rambo is absolutely right. the Dawgs are expected to see at least 4-5 first rounders like we did last year. but from 1-85 there is not a team more talented than alabama

BamaNation Second Team GADAWG1980's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    i think a reporter was asking about their schedule this year. regardless, with as sloppy a game as they played i would think he would have a better answer (something like, we can't control our schedule, but we can control how we play, yada yada).

remember, richt is the same guy who thought it would be a bright idea to have his entire bench rush the field after scoring a td against florida. he is a tool
    Bacarri NEVER SAID that we were more talented than you guys. As usual espn trying to stir the pot and get a bunch of crap started. What he said was that we have more talent than a lot of the teams we matched up with so far this year. The words alabama or crimson tide were never used in his statement. Our players,coaching staff and vast majority of our fans have nothing but respect for the tide,your coaching staff and most of the tide fans. Coach richts bright idea as you call it against florida back in 07 worked,we won that game. I would think that most bama fans would have at least some degree of respect for coach richt. Especially after his gesture of kindness to tyrone prothro back in 05/06. He and our entire 05 s.e.c championship team sent a signed gameball to him while he was recovering in the hospital from a broken leg he suffered. Coach richt and our players did that out of respect and kindness,for no other reasons. They had nothing else to gain from it.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally i think this will be a great game and i hope no one on either side suffers any injuries. Of course no one in the sec east or west has as much tradition as alabama. We have a lot of tradition here as well. Everything from the stadiums were these two teams play down to the uniforms just says classic tradition!! Im looking forward to it and whether we win or you guys do,i hope the winner goes on to crush notre dame. Notre dame has not seen the kind of team speed(especially on defense that alabama or georgia would bring to the table). I definitely think it will be seven national championships in a row for our conference.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    If we can execute on offense early, I do believe they will fold up.

In both the LSU and Texas A&M games, our offense had a chance to put the game away in the third quarter. Especially LSU as we led 14-3 at that time. When our defense forced two straight 3 and outs in the third quarter against Texas A&M, you could tell by their body language that they were ready to accept defeat. Yet our offense could do nothing but flounder about until it was too late.

Get on these guys early and follow through in the 3rd quarter and we'll win going away. Otherwise, it'll be a fight until the end.
    I personally think you guys will win the game. However i dont think it will be a blowout by any means. The reason i think you guys will win is simple,defensively yall play disciplined football. One thing i can definitely say about alabama is that there is seldom if ever any blown coverage or gap assignments and thats gonna determine who wins this game. We matchup physically and talent wise just fine,the question is can we play assignment football. In every game weve played this year there have been at least two or three blown assignments,sometimes more. If we can have the same kind of effort from our defense as we did in the florida game i believe we can win if not,its gonna be a long afternoon/early evening.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Personally, I think Alabama's most realistic path to victory is by blowing Georgia out. I think if this is a blow-to-blow game that Alabama's defensive deficiencies will rear it's head and cost them. Alabama has got to get some early stops and convert several touchdowns to get UGA out of their element. If they can stay close and keep their offensive balance, Alabama will get burnt by their receivers off play action. Alabama has to eliminate the threat of play action by burying Georgia.

This game is either an Alabama blowout or a Georgia win in my opinion.