Georgia player says Dawgs 'more talented' than Tide

CapeHorn

Scout Team
Aug 22, 2012
Hearing Rambo's comments and then hearing Saint Richt's comments I have come to the conclusion that they are just saying these things to try and convince themselves that they can beat us. The best thing we can do is jump on them early and they will quit, just like they did against SC. Leave them in the game and we will have a fight on our hands. I see them in the same light as Tenn & Auburn - can't really say how I feel about them since this is a family board. The hate is there, trust me.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
If we can execute on offense early, I do believe they will fold up.

In both the LSU and Texas A&M games, our offense had a chance to put the game away in the third quarter. Especially LSU as we led 14-3 at that time. When our defense forced two straight 3 and outs in the third quarter against Texas A&M, you could tell by their body language that they were ready to accept defeat. Yet our offense could do nothing but flounder about until it was too late.

Get on these guys early and follow through in the 3rd quarter and we'll win going away. Otherwise, it'll be a fight until the end.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Good lord y'all will get up in the air about anything won't ya. There was nothing disrespectful said. I want our players believing in us just like I expect they believe in their players. They are 11-1 and #3 in the country. Why wouldn't they think they are the elite team. Just because they don't bow down to us makes no reason to say they are disrespectful. Type A personalities are usually the leaders of the team no matter if its football or business or any other aspect of life. I use these motivations for my team at work, telling them they are better than everyone else and challenging our competition to try and be better than us. Most of the time if I come across people that think I am just shooting off at the mouth and they can just dominate us because of who they are, I will win. If you don't have confidence in yourself, than who else will? This game, and the talk that lies therein should be about the confidence we have in our players, and the confidence they have in themselves. At this point in the season, if they are looking for bulletin board material from a senior leader on a great team, then we are in trouble. Someone else said that Saban would be mad if CJ or other players said this. I would think he would want them to feel this way. And before somebody says its different in saying it and feeling it, there isn't. If you believe in yourself, then believe in yourself when your asked the question. People get their feelings hurt too easily these days. Roll Tide and lets just go be better than them. Period.
I don't think we have our drawers in an uproar over it. Just licking our chops because we know where this kind of "swagger" leads to. RTR!!!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
He was kind of cornered into a response like that and it is really hard to expect him to say that he doesn't think his team is talented. I guess he could have more artfully stated the answer to pump up his team and give proper respect to the opponent. The old "we've got good players and they do too" would have probably worked but not everyone can think on their feet in interview situations like a head coach or politician.

I would hope our team doesn't need bulletin board material when all the goals are on the table...

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
He was kind of cornered into a response like that and it is really hard to expect him to say that he doesn't think his team is talented. I guess he could have more artfully stated the answer to pump up his team and give proper respect to the opponent. The old "we've got good players and they do too" would have probably worked but not everyone can think on their feet in interview situations like a head coach or politician.

I would hope our team doesn't need bulletin board material when all the goals are on the table...
I don't think any team NEEDS the bulletin board material in a game like this but knowing that their coach and players say stuff like this can only give us added motivation. It isn't the main motivation, but the little extra motivation can't hurt.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Why would that come from him? Sad...
i think a reporter was asking about their schedule this year. regardless, with as sloppy a game as they played i would think he would have a better answer (something like, we can't control our schedule, but we can control how we play, yada yada).

remember, richt is the same guy who thought it would be a bright idea to have his entire bench rush the field after scoring a td against florida. he is a tool

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
It worked out for them...they absolutely trashed Florida that year. After Florida had mostly dominated the Richt-led UGA, they needed a change of mentality. I mean, the series has been much more close since that moment: they've went 3-3 after he started 1-5 against Florida.

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
from an NFL draft perspective for 2013 rambo is absolutely right. the Dawgs are expected to see at least 4-5 first rounders like we did last year. but from 1-85 there is not a team more talented than alabama

GADAWG1980

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2011
Between the hedges
i think a reporter was asking about their schedule this year. regardless, with as sloppy a game as they played i would think he would have a better answer (something like, we can't control our schedule, but we can control how we play, yada yada).

remember, richt is the same guy who thought it would be a bright idea to have his entire bench rush the field after scoring a td against florida. he is a tool
Bacarri NEVER SAID that we were more talented than you guys. As usual espn trying to stir the pot and get a bunch of crap started. What he said was that we have more talent than a lot of the teams we matched up with so far this year. The words alabama or crimson tide were never used in his statement. Our players,coaching staff and vast majority of our fans have nothing but respect for the tide,your coaching staff and most of the tide fans. Coach richts bright idea as you call it against florida back in 07 worked,we won that game. I would think that most bama fans would have at least some degree of respect for coach richt. Especially after his gesture of kindness to tyrone prothro back in 05/06. He and our entire 05 s.e.c championship team sent a signed gameball to him while he was recovering in the hospital from a broken leg he suffered. Coach richt and our players did that out of respect and kindness,for no other reasons. They had nothing else to gain from it.

GADAWG1980

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2011
Between the hedges
Personally i think this will be a great game and i hope no one on either side suffers any injuries. Of course no one in the sec east or west has as much tradition as alabama. We have a lot of tradition here as well. Everything from the stadiums were these two teams play down to the uniforms just says classic tradition!! Im looking forward to it and whether we win or you guys do,i hope the winner goes on to crush notre dame. Notre dame has not seen the kind of team speed(especially on defense that alabama or georgia would bring to the table). I definitely think it will be seven national championships in a row for our conference.

GADAWG1980

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2011
Between the hedges
If we can execute on offense early, I do believe they will fold up.

In both the LSU and Texas A&M games, our offense had a chance to put the game away in the third quarter. Especially LSU as we led 14-3 at that time. When our defense forced two straight 3 and outs in the third quarter against Texas A&M, you could tell by their body language that they were ready to accept defeat. Yet our offense could do nothing but flounder about until it was too late.

Get on these guys early and follow through in the 3rd quarter and we'll win going away. Otherwise, it'll be a fight until the end.
I personally think you guys will win the game. However i dont think it will be a blowout by any means. The reason i think you guys will win is simple,defensively yall play disciplined football. One thing i can definitely say about alabama is that there is seldom if ever any blown coverage or gap assignments and thats gonna determine who wins this game. We matchup physically and talent wise just fine,the question is can we play assignment football. In every game weve played this year there have been at least two or three blown assignments,sometimes more. If we can have the same kind of effort from our defense as we did in the florida game i believe we can win if not,its gonna be a long afternoon/early evening.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Personally, I think Alabama's most realistic path to victory is by blowing Georgia out. I think if this is a blow-to-blow game that Alabama's defensive deficiencies will rear it's head and cost them. Alabama has got to get some early stops and convert several touchdowns to get UGA out of their element. If they can stay close and keep their offensive balance, Alabama will get burnt by their receivers off play action. Alabama has to eliminate the threat of play action by burying Georgia.

This game is either an Alabama blowout or a Georgia win in my opinion.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Bacarri NEVER SAID that we were more talented than you guys. As usual espn trying to stir the pot and get a bunch of crap started. What he said was that we have more talent than a lot of the teams we matched up with so far this year. The words alabama or crimson tide were never used in his statement. Our players,coaching staff and vast majority of our fans have nothing but respect for the tide,your coaching staff and most of the tide fans. Coach richts bright idea as you call it against florida back in 07 worked,we won that game. I would think that most bama fans would have at least some degree of respect for coach richt. Especially after his gesture of kindness to tyrone prothro back in 05/06. He and our entire 05 s.e.c championship team sent a signed gameball to him while he was recovering in the hospital from a broken leg he suffered. Coach richt and our players did that out of respect and kindness,for no other reasons. They had nothing else to gain from it.
i was referring to the poster that had asked what richt said about beating the #2 team (florida), not about rambo's statement. i don't really care that his little stunt helped win the game against florida, it was still classless. i have stated here before that i do not like UGA as a football program under Richt or Richt as a coach (and again, i hope you do not take this personally, its not meant that way).

I hope it is a good, clean hard fought game saturday. my favorite games are the slug fests (although, i think we will do a lot more slugging ;) )

GADAWG1980

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2011
Between the hedges
i was referring to the poster that had asked what richt said about beating the #2 team (florida), not about rambo's statement. i don't really care that his little stunt helped win the game against florida, it was still classless. i have stated here before that i do not like UGA as a football program under Richt or Richt as a coach (and again, i hope you do not take this personally, its not meant that way).

I hope it is a good, clean hard fought game saturday. my favorite games are the slug fests (although, i think we will do a lot more slugging ;) )
92 tide,i dont take whats said here personally. I come here to get you guys perspective on things. Its always important to get an opposing viewpoint(whether you like it or not). Anyway you know how espn is,they have always tried to stir the pot between opposing teams. Especially when it comes to college football. Should be a great game and good luck to you guys(but not to much:wink:).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.