Georgia player says Dawgs 'more talented' than Tide

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
I have concerns about Georgia players holding a ball carrier up, not allowing him to touch his knees while Rambo is steadily punching and pulling at the ball. The officials should blow the whistle when they see that all forward progress has stopped.

James Eagle

1st Team
Aug 9, 2011
North Georgia
UGA has had good recruiting classes for several years now but how many Nat'l Championships do they have? They have a history of under achievement and I look for that tred to continue.

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011
And we're to also believe that he's academically eligible to play - given his idiotic comment? Let me go out on a limb here - Bacarri Rambo isn't up for a Rhodes Scholar position.......
Remember that Pat Dye was an ACADEMIC All-American at UGA

Last edited:
Good lord y'all will get up in the air about anything won't ya. There was nothing disrespectful said. I want our players believing in us just like I expect they believe in their players. They are 11-1 and #3 in the country. Why wouldn't they think they are the elite team. Just because they don't bow down to us makes no reason to say they are disrespectful. Type A personalities are usually the leaders of the team no matter if its football or business or any other aspect of life. I use these motivations for my team at work, telling them they are better than everyone else and challenging our competition to try and be better than us. Most of the time if I come across people that think I am just shooting off at the mouth and they can just dominate us because of who they are, I will win. If you don't have confidence in yourself, than who else will? This game, and the talk that lies therein should be about the confidence we have in our players, and the confidence they have in themselves. At this point in the season, if they are looking for bulletin board material from a senior leader on a great team, then we are in trouble. Someone else said that Saban would be mad if CJ or other players said this. I would think he would want them to feel this way. And before somebody says its different in saying it and feeling it, there isn't. If you believe in yourself, then believe in yourself when your asked the question. People get their feelings hurt too easily these days. Roll Tide and lets just go be better than them. Period.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
UGA has had good recruiting classes for several years now but how many Nat'l Championships do they have? They have a history of under achievement and I look for that tred to continue.
we've had better recruiting classes than them since 2008, even better than their dream team :)

yes they do underachieve. also, alot of their recruits from the past 4 years are no longer with the team, or have spent time in the pokey (not mutually exclusive ;) )

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
Good lord y'all will get up in the air about anything won't ya. There was nothing disrespectful said. I want our players believing in us just like I expect they believe in their players. They are 11-1 and #3 in the country. Why wouldn't they think they are the elite team. Just because they don't bow down to us makes no reason to say they are disrespectful. Type A personalities are usually the leaders of the team no matter if its football or business or any other aspect of life. I use these motivations for my team at work, telling them they are better than everyone else and challenging our competition to try and be better than us. Most of the time if I come across people that think I am just shooting off at the mouth and they can just dominate us because of who they are, I will win. If you don't have confidence in yourself, than who else will? This game, and the talk that lies therein should be about the confidence we have in our players, and the confidence they have in themselves. At this point in the season, if they are looking for bulletin board material from a senior leader on a great team, then we are in trouble. Someone else said that Saban would be mad if CJ or other players said this. I would think he would want them to feel this way. And before somebody says its different in saying it and feeling it, there isn't. If you believe in yourself, then believe in yourself when your asked the question. People get their feelings hurt too easily these days. Roll Tide and lets just go be better than them. Period.
i hate that people think that way as well. seems to be the norm. it's not like they are Georgia Southern or anything. they do have plenty of talent.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think it'll be very good match up between Georgia and Alabama. I know Bulldogs are talented at every position, but I have yet to see consistency play out of them this season. I expect this to be close battle between two team. It may be like LSU game.. but only Alabama play much better this time. I expect this to be under 20 point games.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i hate that people think that way as well. seems to be the norm. it's not like they are Georgia Southern or anything. they do have plenty of talent.
they do have plenty of talent, i just find it humorous that the guy who hasn't been much of a team player (hasn't played a season opener in two years due to suspension) starts bragging to the media after their team is "peaking" (i.e. blowing through a candy cane november schedule like expected). it's no biggie, like i have posted elsewhere. georgia never lacks for talent, and never lacks for their own thoughts of the superiority of that talent, it hasn't paid many dividends for them in the past 5 years.

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011
I think stating "We have better players across the board, especially on defense" was rather poor form.

But I am elated that a team leader has that attitude, and would imagine that it is seeping into the team mindset as a whole.

Can you imagine CNS if Nico made those comments?

BAMA JAMMA

Scout Team
Oct 28, 2007
Nothing Rambo said makes me disgruntled nor should it you. It's a young man boasting about his team. Was it good form or even disrespecting the Tide? No. Of course he is going to think his team is better. I'm sure he respects our team just like we respect theirs. Even if he doesn't who cares? He didn't steal your lunch money. Let them talk. We will do ours on the field.

People can think what they want but Georgia is no slouch. They are loaded with NFL draft talent. They are coming on late in the season, which can be scarier in my opinion. It will be a battle for 60 minutes, maybe even longer. We better come in firing on all cylinders. The last two teams we beat haven't given us any indicator where we stack up against quality SEC teams again so it will be interesting. Roll Tide.

Last edited:

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I know it's not like he said we were bad, but at best, his comments reflect a poorly articulated thought expressing confidence in his team. I don't see a CNS player ever coming close to saying that publicly; they may think it, but they know not to give the other team bulletin board material. Also, I'll be interested to see how they (UGA) play on Saturday; if the team feels they are "better," are they going to be complacent in their preparation then?

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011
I know it's not like he said we were bad, but at best, his comments reflect a poorly articulated thought expressing confidence in his team. I don't see a CNS player ever coming close to saying that publicly; they may think it, but they know not to give the other team bulletin board material. Also, I'll be interested to see how they (UGA) play on Saturday; if the team feels they are "better," are they going to be complacent in their preparation then?
Good points. Overconfidence does lead to complacency

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
“I feel like we’re more talented (than Alabama). We have better players at each position, across the board, especially on defense. It’s going to be a great challenge for us. I know it’s going to be a battle. It’s going to come down to who has the best defense and who makes more turnovers. It’s going to be a battle of the defenses.” - Bacarri Rambo

I thought I'd post the entire quote. If it weren't for Plaxico Burress our players would probably say to the media what they are thinking.

richmond2ttown

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 9, 2007
Richmond, VA
As long as I've watched college ball, one thing has struck me regarding Georgia which contrasts sharply with Alabama. Georgia is always highly penalized and this year is no exception...161 penalties in 12 games. IMO, this is a function of poor coaching, lack of focus, and lack of control. These "little things" will come back and bite GA in this game when the stakes are so high because (inevitably) these mistakes occur at such crucial times...the late hit that extends a 'Bama drive, the illegal procedure which puts GA in a 3rd and 8 instead of 3rd and 3. Rambos' comment are reflective of GA...no discipline and simply stupid. With CNS, we don't see 'Bamas' players doing this. 'Bama rarely makes these types of mistakes which is simply great coaching. Look at the numbers...'Bama with 88 penalties and GA with 161 penalties. Talent-wise, I believe both teams are relatively equal...look for coaching and composure ('Bama) to prevail over the course of 60 minutes. Roll Tide

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
That expression has stuck with him through life....... it took a split second to tell that was Dye.

"I don't do Twittah or Newtube"
With all due respect to Dye's intellectual failings, saying the lack of knowledge of Twitter or YouTube has stuck with him "through life" is a bit of an exaggeration since they've both been around for only a few years. I know plenty of people Dye's age who are just as technologically clueless, some who were brilliant in their day.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
As long as I've watched college ball, one thing has struck me regarding Georgia which contrasts sharply with Alabama. Georgia is always highly penalized and this year is no exception...161 penalties in 12 games. IMO, this is a function of poor coaching, lack of focus, and lack of control. These "little things" will come back and bite GA in this game when the stakes are so high because (inevitably) these mistakes occur at such crucial times...the late hit that extends a 'Bama drive, the illegal procedure which puts GA in a 3rd and 8 instead of 3rd and 3. Rambos' comment are reflective of GA...no discipline and simply stupid. With CNS, we don't see 'Bamas' players doing this. 'Bama rarely makes these types of mistakes which is simply great coaching. Look at the numbers...'Bama with 88 penalties and GA with 161 penalties. Talent-wise, I believe both teams are relatively equal...look for coaching and composure ('Bama) to prevail over the course of 60 minutes. Roll Tide
georgia players were getting really chippy with ga southern in the first half when the game was still really close. after just about every positive play by Ga southern, the uga players would come in strutting around with their chest poked out talking smack and shoving. very similar to what the barn did against us in the first quarter before they just quit caring.

i think we will see 1-2 personal fouls and at least one un-sportsman like penalty against UGA in this game.

i think this will be rambo in the late 3d quarter ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.