Georgia player says Dawgs 'more talented' than Tide

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL
So it continues...

Don Kausler Jr. (@Tide_Source)
11/26/12, 7:30 PM
UGA players displaying some swag: "I think we're the best defense in the country," CB Sanders Cumming says. "I thought we were last year."

Geez. Yeah, they were the best last year. They led the country in every statistical category, right? OH, wait...

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
So it continues...

UGA players displaying some swag: "I think we're the best defense in the country," CB Sanders Cumming says. "I thought we were last year."

Geez. Yeah, they were the best last year. They led the country in every statistical category, right? OH, wait...
There's nothing the world loves more than really tasty dreams :)

CapeHorn

Scout Team
Aug 22, 2012
So it continues...

just shows their ignorance.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I first posted in this thread that this wasn't much of a story. Now, I've got a different tune since multiple UGA players are running their mouth. Murray seems to be the only sensible one by doing the media blackout.

Luvubama

All-SEC
May 26, 2008
Charlotte NC
As I said earlier in this thread (maybe not so clearly), it's not so much they feel they are the better team (they should be confident), it's that they are in the media saying it. Has anything like this come out of our players...no and it won't. It speaks to the discipline we have not to engage in a war of words prior to the game. I'm actually proud that we take that approach -- although it's entertaining for us fans to hear it coming from the other side.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
"With all due respect to Alabama, we've been in this game in the past two years more than they have." - Georgia TE Arthur Lynch.

Well, they've been in that game for one half. I'm not sure where they were during the second half of that game last year.

BTW, using his logic, Georgia should throw the game for the good of the SEC to ensure that Bama plays in the BCSCG because, with all due respect to Georgia, we've been in that game in the past three years more times than they have.
:biggrin:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It's almost always worked out very well for us when the opposing team has flooded the air/cyber waves with smack talk. This is no different. We'll just take care of business without all the hot air. When you've built yourself up with smack, it hurts all the worse when you get smacked in the nose until it bleeds. Let'em talk...

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
So it continues...

they were better than the best Defense that College Football has seen in the last 25 years???????????

ok.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Yeah, I wouldn't really call that smack. He didn't call out any players or their talent. He said this a couple days ago, but yesterday he was tweeting Gurley.

@KDx17: No doubt I respect my homies @TG3II and @Truthh4 and vice versa so anything building up about that can just stop. Good luck to yall saturday

That is Gurley and Marshall on twitter

irNate

1st Team
Nov 19, 2010
Snellville, GA
Atlanta sports reporting is a very biased thing, Sometimes it seems like there is a giant glass bubble over the city. I pay $20 a month for Sirius, for the sole reason of not having to listen to sports radio in atlanta

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Atlanta sports reporting is a very biased thing, Sometimes it seems like there is a giant glass bubble over the city. I pay $20 a month for Sirius, for the sole reason of not having to listen to sports radio in atlanta

Yeah, I am sure they were just waiting for something said by our players.

irNate

1st Team
Nov 19, 2010
Snellville, GA
quite honestly I don't see the huge deal Drake is right... How many games have we played in the past 4 years that have been touted as "game of the century" I think it was more of a smack at the media than at UGA

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Should Drake have made those comments? No. If his comments started the war of words like the Atlanta media says, did UGA plays have a valid argument to say what they said? None what-so-ever.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.