Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Arkansas closing in on Art Briles?

Rumors swirling that a very close to the vest search may end with Art Briles as the new Razorbacks coach within the next week...

2. Advertisement

Re: Arkansas closing in on Art Briles?

Interesting choice, if true. He'll turn 57 next month and has lived in Texas his whole life and was a high school coach there until 1999. So he certainly should know how to recruit Texas.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I guess the Hogs are thinking they are going to have to have a Baylor like offense to contend in the SEC. A&M and Ole Miss proved it can be effective at times.

Word yesterday was that Arkansas recruits were being told that Chris Petersen would be their next coach
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

We're going to hear all kinds of rumors about Arky, UT and the Barn until someone is hired, not putting much stock in any of them.

BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Briles would be a fool not get out of Baylor while his name is hot and cash in, whether that's Arkansas or any other team more prestigious than Baylor.
    Serve no master but your own ambition.

BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    Word yesterday was that Arkansas recruits were being told that Chris Petersen would be their next coach
    Peterson has turned down much better jobs in the past, I'd be shocked if he took the Arkansas job.
    Serve no master but your own ambition.

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    Briles would be a fool not get out of Baylor while his name is hot and cash in, whether that's Arkansas or any other team more prestigious than Baylor.
    Agreed. Now is his time to cash in if he wants big money.

Peterson has turned down much better jobs in the past, I'd be shocked if he took the Arkansas job.
    I don't see Peterson ever leaving Boise now that they are back in the mix for the playoffs and all when it starts.

Honestly I think Briles to Arky would be a decent hire unless they let him bring his DC with him.... If I'm Arky I'm stressing to Briles he MUST hire a good DC.

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    We're going to hear all kinds of rumors about Arky, UT and the Barn until someone is hired, not putting much stock in any of them.
    Hard to speculate once the answer is apparent.
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    Sure he is on a lot of wish lists.

Baylor has broken ground on a new stadium that Briles pushed for. He is a Texan and has always coached in Texas. If he was going SEC, he would have tried to get the TAMU job. At this point, I only see Briles moving to the University of Texas, if that.

Arkansas closing in on Art Briles?

They could do a lot worse than Briles.
    "Touch dat thang folk!"
    -Cortney Upshaw

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 257WBY View Post
    Baylor has broken ground on a new stadium that Briles pushed for. He is a Texan and has always coached in Texas. If he was going SEC, he would have tried to get the TAMU job. At this point, I only see Briles moving to the University of Texas, if that.
    Sounds like a man that will only leave if taken out in a pine box.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!