Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Arkansas closing in on Art Briles?

Briles would be a Chizik-like hire. if RGIII had never gone to Baylor, he would have been fire by now. The only coach I fear is David Shaw from Stanford. He's going to be a good one. I also think Willie Taggert would be a good coach. The only problem with both of these guys is teaching a quarterback the west coast system.
    Last edited by thetwonewguru; November 26th, 2012 at 09:42 AM.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

If the PTB at Arkansas think they want to replicate the TAMU offense then Briles would be a good hire. His offense would bring lots of excitement to Fayetteville although not sure how many wins.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thetwonewguru View Post
    Briles would be a Chizik-like hire. if RGIII had never gone to Baylor, he would have been fire by now. The only coach I fear is David Shaw from Stanford. He's going to be a good one. I also think Willie Taggert would be a good coach. The only problem with both of these guys is teaching a quarterback the west coast system.
    Stanford does not run the West Coast Offense. They run a traditional pro-style offense.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Shaw is not going anywhere.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by thetwonewguru View Post
    As DD said, Shaw doesn't run the west coast system; however, how would an Arky QB struggle to learn a system similar to what they run now? Not like it would be going triple option to throwing the ball.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Hawgs247 is reporting that Gus has taken the lead...

Link for the premium article.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Briles would be a great hire and I'd rather it didn't happen.
    "A great value of antiquity lies in the fact that its writings are the only ones that modern men still read with exactness."

My Mood
    Aggressive0 on TideFans.com

Big A Re: Arkansas closing in on Art Briles?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    Peterson has turned down much better jobs in the past, I'd be shocked if he took the Arkansas job.

Yeah me too, i don't think he's interested in Arky. I think he would be a more fit at Col.

RTR
    15 National Championships
    They've got a name for the winners of the world, and i want a name when i lose, They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blue.( Steely Dan 1978 )

ROLL TIDE ROLL

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Well I hope the Hawgs get the Gus Bus, then we don't have to worry about Arkansas any more. Malzahn has almost gotten as far as Kiffin without really accomplishing anything. He would have been Tony Franklin Part 2 without Newton.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation First Team MightyWingman's Avatar

Briles is a very, very good coach and a heck of a recruiter. I hope he stays at Baylor, no need for him to take over Arky.

What's this report from ESPN that Arky offered Les Miles $27 million for 5 years? It occurred at the half time report of UNC - Indiana game.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodeIslandRed View Post
    What's this report from ESPN that Arky offered Les Miles $27 million for 5 years? It occurred at the half time report of UNC - Indiana game.
    SportsByBrooks is apparently the first to have gotten word out about this, but a few other sources are picking up on it including ESPN and a newspaper in Louisiana.
    Although it would probably be best for us, I would honestly miss playing Les' LSU teams if he left for Arky. I doubt it would be the same. No way he would take the job anyway.

I love the coaching carousel.

His agent says no comment.