Arkansas closing in on Art Briles?

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Well I hope the Hawgs get the Gus Bus, then we don't have to worry about Arkansas any more. Malzahn has almost gotten as far as Kiffin without really accomplishing anything. He would have been Tony Franklin Part 2 without Newton.

RhodeIslandRed

All-SEC
Dec 9, 2005
What's this report from ESPN that Arky offered Les Miles $27 million for 5 years? It occurred at the half time report of UNC - Indiana game.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
What's this report from ESPN that Arky offered Les Miles $27 million for 5 years? It occurred at the half time report of UNC - Indiana game.
SportsByBrooks is apparently the first to have gotten word out about this, but a few other sources are picking up on it including ESPN and a newspaper in Louisiana.
Although it would probably be best for us, I would honestly miss playing Les' LSU teams if he left for Arky. I doubt it would be the same. No way he would take the job anyway.

I love the coaching carousel.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Briles is a very, very good coach and a heck of a recruiter. I hope he stays at Baylor, no need for him to take over Arky.
If Art Biles went to Arky, would they have only an offensive team. Seems like Baylor does not play defense. Seems like they are always trying to outscore their opponent, knowing it's going to take 40+ and maybe even 50+ points to possibly win. I guess when you are at a school like Baylor, you can only get enough good recruits for ONE side of the ball.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
So according to different media outlets Arkansas has offered Briles, Miles & Patterson. Sounds like a free for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.