Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Recipes
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Early Lines for Week 14's Notable Games (Championship Week)

TideFans.com neither promotes nor condones any gambling of any kind. These numbers are for entertainment purposes only. Enjoy!

• SEC Championship Game (Saturday, Dec. 1, 2012 @ 3PM CST Atlanta, GA in the Georgia Dome): Despite being inferior in talent to UGA across the board, especially on defense, the Alabama Crimson Tide open as an 8 point favorite over the Georgia Bulldogs in the SEC Championship Game
    • MAC Championship Game (Friday Nov. 30, 2012 @ 6PM CST Detroit, MI at Ford Field): In the battle for supremacy in Middle American Football, Northern Illinois opens as a 6.5 pt favorite over Alabama Head Coach Nick Saban's alma mater, Kent. St.
    • PAC 12 Championship Game (Friday Nov. 30, 2012 @ 9:30 PM CST Palo Alto, CA at Standford Stadium): In a surprising turn of a conference, this game pits two teams that nobody really expected to be here when the season started. UCLA opens as a 10 pt underdog to the Stanford Cardinal.
    • Conference USA Championship Game (Saturday Dec. 1, 2012 @ 11AM CST Tulsa, OK, at H.A. Chapman Stadium): In a game to decide the football championship of the USA, it may as well be a Pick 'Em as Tulsa is a 1 point favorite over Central Florida.
    • ACC Championship Game (Saturday Dec. 1, 2012 @ 7PM CST Charlotte, NC at Bank of America Stadium): In a game of teams picking themselves up off the canvas from taking beatings from SEC East Powers, the Florida St. Seminoles open as a 16.5 pt favorite over the Georgia Tech Yellowjackets (?!?!?!?). (Mack's note: Are you kidding me?!? Georgia Tech has a chance to be the champions of ANY conference? That same Georgia Tech team I saw yesterday? HAHAHAAHAHAHA)
    • B1G Championship Game (Saturday, Dec. 1, 2012 @ 7:10PM CST Indianapolis, IN at Lucas Oil Field): In a game of two teams who aren't even the best teams in their respective divisions, the Nebraska Cornhuskers open as a 2.5 pt favorite over the Wisconsin Badgers.

Some other games out there, but none of them have any implications on us. So whatever. Roll Tide
    Last edited by WMack4Bama; November 25th, 2012 at 04:12 PM.
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Re: Early Lines for Week 14's Notable Games (Championship Week)

I see what you did there. Haha. Inferior in talent. Anyway. I think that line is about right.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    TideFans.com neither promotes nor condones any gambling of any kind. These numbers are for entertainment purposes only. Enjoy!

• SEC Championship Game (Saturday, Dec. 1, 2012 @ 3PM CST Atlanta, GA in the Georgia Dome): Despite being inferior in talent to UGA, especially on defense, the Alabama Crimson Tide open as an 8 point favorite over the Georgia Bulldogs in the SEC Championship Game
    • MAC Championship Game (Friday Nov. 30, 2012 @ 6PM CST Detroit, MI at Ford Field): In the battle for supremacy in Middle American Football, Northern Illinois opens as a 6.5 pt favorite over Alabama Head Coach Nick Saban's alma mater, Kent. St.
    • PAC 12 Championship Game (Friday Nov. 30, 2012 @ 9:30 PM CST Palo Alto, CA at Standford Stadium): In a surprising turn of a conference, this game pits two teams that nobody really expected to be here when the season started. UCLA opens as a 10 pt underdog to the Stanford Cardinal.
    • Conference USA Championship Game (Saturday Dec. 1, 2012 @ 11AM CST Tulsa, OK, at H.A. Chapman Stadium): In a game to decide the football championship of the USA, it may as well be a Pick 'Em as Tulsa is a 1 point favorite over Central Florida.
    • ACC Championship Game (Saturday Dec. 1, 2012 @ 7PM CST Charlotte, NC at Bank of America Stadium): In a game of teams picking themselves up off the canvas from taking beatings from SEC East Powers, the Florida St. Seminoles open as a 16.5 pt favorite over the Georgia Tech Yellowjackets (?!?!?!?). (Mack's note: Are you kidding me?!? Georgia Tech has a chance to be the champions of ANY conference? That same Georgia Tech team I saw yesterday? HAHAHAAHAHAHA)
    • B1G Championship Game (Saturday, Dec. 1, 2012 @ 7:10PM CST Indianapolis, IN at Lucas Oil Field): In a game of two teams who aren't even the best teams in their respective divisions, the Nebraska Cornhuskers open as a 2.5 pt favorite over the Wisconsin Badgers.

Some other games out there, but none of them have any implications on us. So whatever. Roll Tide
    Georgia needs to find a better in-state rival for bragging rights. Georgia Southern or Savannah State may be more worthy.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

After one day of betting in Vegas I bet we'll be at least 10 point favorites.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Love how Georgia Tech only gets into the championship game because Miami decided to punish itself and UNC was ineligible. Only thing that would make it better is if they pull off the upset of FSU.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-American RollTideMang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by ValuJet View Post
    Georgia needs to find a better in-state rival for bragging rights. Georgia Southern or Savannah State may be more worthy.
    I would say Auburn, but I think GT would still be the better in-state rival between the two.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Bama Opens as 7 1/2 Point Faves

per vegasinsider.com

I guess that is the closest line of the year outside of LSU

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Bama Opens as 7 1/2 Point Faves

I figured this would be a 3 to 4.5 line.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    I figured this would be a 3 to 4.5 line.
    Thought it would be more like 9 or 9 1/2

This has the potential to be a tough, tough game

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TrueGritnPluck View Post
    This has the potential to be a tough, tough game
    Or maybe we'll get lucky and get the version of UGA that struggled against powerhouses Kentucky and Tennessee?
    JUST WIN
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Tebow cried, Cam lied, Trees died, and LSU tried..........ROLL TIDE!

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TrueGritnPluck View Post
    per vegasinsider.com

I guess that is the closest line of the year outside of LSU
    Sorry, missed this thread

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Just Win View Post
    Or maybe we'll get lucky and get the version of UGA that struggled against powerhouses Kentucky and Tennessee?
    I think UT probably played their best game of the year vs UGA

BamaNation All-American Al A Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Will the ACC Championship game be a sell-out this year. This is not an attractive match-up and usually there are a lot of VACANT seats in the stadiums where the ACC Championships have been held.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry