BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

N.C. State fires Tom O'Brien

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...95--ncaaf.html

Carolina State finished 7-5, 4-4 in conference play and third in the ACC Atlantic.Yet, O'Brien was the first coach shown the door Sunday following the Wolfpack's win over Boston College to mark the end of the regular season. O'Brien, 64, completed the Wolfpack's third consecutive winning campaign.
    Not really sure why they do this. He's at a basketball school in a basketball league and has a decent (though not great) record and a good graduation rate.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American

Re: N.C. State fires Tom O'Brien

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...95--ncaaf.html

Not really sure why they do this. He's at a basketball school in a basketball league and has a decent (though not great) record and a good graduation rate.
    He's a good coach.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

This would be a good job for Kirby to take.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Suspended
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Clemson OC Chad Morris will be NC State's next coach.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I thought that FSU game would save him!
    ROLL TIDE!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Vandy will be looking for a new head coach soon.

The current AD at NC State was the person responsible for making Franklin the HCIW at Maryland.

And it's a much shorter path to the top of the ACC than it is to the SEC. And truthfully speaking Franklin is at the apex at Vandy. Two straight bowl games.
    Last edited by WMack4Bama; November 25th, 2012 at 05:53 PM.
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post

The current AD at NC State was the man responsible for making Franklin the HCIW at Maryland.

And it's a much shorter path to the top of the ACC than it is to the SEC. And truthfully speaking Franklin is at the apex at Vandy. Two straight bowl games.
    Apparently, she voluntarily mentioned Franklin isn't under consideration, but she did text him this weekend. This was met with a hearty round of laughs.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation All-American Al A Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

The current AD at NC State was the person responsible for making Franklin the HCIW at Maryland.

I agree. Franklin has done a great job at Vandy. I just hope he doesn't end up at the Barn or Tennessee. He will be making a lot more money next year in salary.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

But not this year, and maybe not next. Franklin has done an admirable job in bringing Vandy up to SEC strength, and has them bowl-eligible for the first time in a lot of years. He's become an asset to their program and they won't let him go without a fight. I can see him there at least another couple of years. I think when he leaves, it will be on his own terms

BamaNation First Team

O'Brien has done about as well as can be done at NCS. Oh well.

Good guy...ran the program well...underachieved on the field. I doubt James Franklin goes here...better opportunities elsewhere.
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

BamaNation All-American

Debbie Yow has made two key decisions: firing O'Brien and extending Gottfried after one year with another coach's players. Both were misjudgments on her part.