Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 367891011121314 LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Bell Injury May Lead to Emergence of Freshman WR Chris Black

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I want the dream I had before the season - DBs trying to cover Coop and Black at the same time...
    Coop and Black could be Bama's "Wood/Lee" combo.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

2. Advertisement

Do you start him?

Or

Do you wait to see how we're doing after the first 2 or 3 series and if it's not too good we then insert him to hopefully make a difference esp. if they have 7 or 8 guys near the line of scrimmage trying to stop our running game?
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

BamaNation First Team RollinTider1335's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Bell Injury May Lead to Emergence of Freshman WR Chris Black

Quote Originally Posted by Rocknrolltide View Post
    This whole conversation becomes mute if we have another receiver go down to injury.
    And if we don't beat UGa.

BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rocknrolltide View Post
    This whole conversation becomes mute if we have another receiver go down to injury.
    moot not mute. sorry that's a common error and a pet peeve of mine.

Other than that you're right, if someone else rolls an ankle in the SEC game than we'll have to burn his redshirt for just One game, and he'll have not experience then. Might as well get him some reps and see what he can do.
    Serve no master but your own ambition.

BamaNation All-SEC

Didn't Darius Hanks get a medical redshirt one year and only have to sit out the first 2 games of the following season because he played in 2 games before he got hurt? Wonder if that could apply to Chris Black. Have him sit out the first 2 games of next season and still be able to redshirt him this year.

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by glasscutter256 View Post
    Didn't Darius Hanks get a medical redshirt one year and only have to sit out the first 2 games of the following season because he played in 2 games before he got hurt? Wonder if that could apply to Chris Black. Have him sit out the first 2 games of next season and still be able to redshirt him this year.
    Ya know that does intrigue me as well. But it wouldn't be the following season, IIRC it would be for his Senior year only he would have to sit those two games out. For Hanks I think it happened the very next season only because he was a Senior.

My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

I start him and the 1st offensive play goes deep down field to either cooper or black!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    Send me up some Pibb Extra and Golden Flake potato chips please

BamaNation All-American BamaDMD's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2..._receiver.html

thought it might be interesting to revisit this article from the beginning of the season. I hope we see him play this weekend.

BamaNation All-SEC

He looks really sharp in his cuts and explosive off the snap. Love the effort he puts in to practice. Wonder how he has adjusted to contact.

BamaNation All-SEC Bamafan P.T.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaDMD View Post
    http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2..._receiver.html

thought it might be interesting to revisit this article from the beginning of the season. I hope we see him play this weekend.
    I had forgotten he was here in the spring. Makes me that much more comfortable with his knowledge of the system and I'm sure makes his desire to play that much stronger. Betting he plays....

My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by glasscutter256 View Post
    I could be wrong, but IIRC, someone [who knows a lot mroe about cfb than I do] had posted that the rules surrounding a medical redshirt distinguished between games played early in the season v/ later in the season i.e. if, for example, the 2 games you played in were, say, in the first half of the season, then you were a potential candidate, but if they were in the latter part of the season, then you would not qualify.

Someone more knowledgeable please feel free to correct me...

BamaNation First Team Snuffy Smith's Avatar

Plus these games would be post recovery. I think medical redshirt is for people who play a few games pre- injury

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think worries about a med RS are premature, particularly given his ability - unless he gets hurt again. I haven't looked at the rule in a while, but it's participation in a certain number of quarters. Almost always, with a good player, that would fall very early in the year. I don't think it rules out a later injury. Also, a med RS is applied for retroactively, after eligibility has expired - something else that's very unlikely in his case...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus