Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Re: Bell Injury May Lead to Emergence of Freshman WR Chris Black

Quote Originally Posted by edwd58 View Post
    If he's the difference between winning, or not winning, a national championship... then you play him.
    +1
    And, experience in an SECCG and BCSNCG is incomparable. Just look at AJ's progress as a result of last year's.

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    Suspicious on TideFans.com

Looking at commits for 2013, where is the top end receiver? If we keep that RS on Black then there is no pressure to persue anyone (I know Robert Foster is hot).

For all the speed junkies Ch Jones and Cy Jones are plenty fast enough to get behind defenders.

I don't agree with burning a RS for two games for a guy as talented as C Black, sorry guys. But CNS knows best.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by jenk56 View Post
    Looking at commits for 2013, where is the top end receiver? If we keep that RS on Black then there is no pressure to persue anyone (I know Robert Foster is hot).

For all the speed junkies Ch Jones and Cy Jones are plenty fast enough to get behind defenders.

I don't agree with burning a RS for two games for a guy as talented as C Black, sorry guys. But CNS knows best.
    I think Saban is the one considering burning the shirt. Not us, your right CNS knows best.

My Mood
    Suspicious on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by hacksaw830 View Post
    I think Saban is the one considering burning the shirt. Not us, your right CNS knows best.
    Just giving my .02 like everyone else on the board.... If you disagree with what my opinion is, so be it.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

CNS bringing up the idea in the first place should tell us all we need to know about the possibility of this happening.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jenk56 View Post

I agree 100% with ya if those two games wasn't playing for the SEC & NC..That's why all these guys come to Bama..For that chance to play for it all..So burning the RS for that chance is worth it..JMHO

Suspended
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    CNS bringing up the idea in the first place should tell us all we need to know about the possibility of this happening.
    Maybe this was an effort to motivate some other guys to step up and be ready to pull slack?

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TrueGritnPluck View Post
    Maybe this was an effort to motivate some other guys to step up and be ready to pull slack?
    Very possible. Might be looking for Woodson to step up. He is the only WR to not have meaningful playing time.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

(In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar
    My Mood
    Stressed on TideFans.com

Against Texas, Coach Saban was prepared to burn a redshirt if Gmac got injured.
    I may disagree with you, but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler.

BamaNation All-American

It's worth burning every redshirt if it's deemed by the coaching staff to be a factor in the SECCG or BCS championship game.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Since Black has been injured up until this point, could he still get a medical redshirt? It would be the same percentage of games as if he got injured in week 2 or week 3.
    Coach Bryant

BamaNation First Team

Nope....

A special case involves the eligibility of a player who loses the majority of a season to injury. Popularly known as a medical redshirt, a hardship waiver may be granted an athlete who appears in fewer than 30% of his or her team's competitions (with none coming after the midway point of the season), then suffers a season-ending injury.

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by jthomas666 View Post
    Against Texas, Coach Saban was prepared to burn a redshirt if Gmac got injured.
    Plus the probability of that was more than just speculation considering the ribs we learned he was playing with.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe