Bell Injury May Lead to Emergence of Freshman WR Chris Black

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Considering he's got a rod in his tibia...I think they'll play it slow and ensure the bone fully heals.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Considering he's got a rod in his tibia...I think they'll play it slow and ensure the bone fully heals.
Exactly - I don't recall the exact timeline but I suspect Saban's 5-6 weeks comment was probably pre-surgery before they knew the full extent of the injury. At this point it is most likely see ya next spring KB unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
He has been. It's not going to be like they've not done it before. Also, AJ has developed pretty good instincts in "feeling" his receivers' speeds. Brodie could throw it a country mile, but he never could land it in there like AJ can. Anyway, the deep ball doesn't have to connect every time - although it's better if it does. As long as that receiver is five yards behind the nearest, DB, the job is done...
Semantics, but I would prefer the DB five yards behind the receiver :)

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Per twitter:

@ChaseGoodbread: Chris Black no longer in black jersey and no longer running scout team. Signs point to an SECCG career debut.

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
Per twitter:

@ChaseGoodbread: Chris Black no longer in black jersey and no longer running scout team. Signs point to an SECCG career debut.
I think that's a good thing.
If the coaches think he can be a difference maker and Chris himself wants to, then let him.
If I were in his shoes I'd be stumbling because I have small feet, but I'd jump at the chance to play!

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
That's a little misleading. You can enter the draft AFTER completion of the season so technically only a redshirt JUNIOR can enter the draft. In the history of the draft, how many receivers have gone to the pros after only two full seasons under their belt? Is Black so good that he would be a first round pick after just two years? My guess is that he practices and dresses for the last two games but only plays if someone else goes down.
So you're saying he'll take a redshirt and play 3 more years? Which is the same as burning the redshirt for 2 games and then playing through his senior year. So it doesn't hurt him in that respect and he gets to play for the SEC championship and possible NC. If he can help, which he probably can, he should play

CrimsonTide13

Suspended
Aug 12, 2011
Huntsville, AL
I think that's a good thing.
If the coaches think he can be a difference maker and Chris himself wants to, then let him.
If I were in his shoes I'd be stumbling because I have small feet, but I'd jump at the chance to play!
Ready to see Mr. Black. Everyone needs to remember that Alabama isn't a 3 year WR program. Very rare Julio kinda thing. He will probably play through his SR year.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
I remember reading an article before Chris Black was injured. I can't remember Saban's exact words, but it was something like Black was really itching to get into a game. If Chris Black is medically cleared and he wants to play in the final two games then I believe Saban will let him play.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Hard to say either way. I still hate to see us burn a year for two games. I would rather him make a differnce for a year instead of two games just my thoughts. Saying that i will not shed a tear if he catches a game winner against UGA or Notre Dame.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I think you always play for the ring in the here and now - too many unknowns to say wait and get a championship next year. If he's better than Shinn and Cyrus, then I bet he'll play.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.