BACK TO BACK NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Pick the score: Alabama vs. Georgia SECCG

We can not turn the ball over at all.

No3 & outs it's ok to have to punt but No 3 & outs.

I don't think all of a sudden we get a pass rush but I bet we see a LB with a pick & at least 2 more from DB's.

If we take a similar offensive plan to the one on API it may work fine.

GA will set a record for PF penaltitied trying to get in our heads.

Finally we did not get blown out by aTm except for Q1, we could have won that game.

Alabama wants this game bad soooooo...
    Bama 48
    Jawga 10

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Tom View Post
    We can not turn the ball over at all.

No3 & outs it's ok to have to punt but No 3 & outs.

I don't think all of a sudden we get a pass rush but I bet we see a LB with a pick & at least 2 more from DB's.

If we take a similar offensive plan to the one on API it may work fine.

GA will set a record for PF penaltitied trying to get in our heads.

Finally we did not get blown out by aTm except for Q1, we could have won that game.

Alabama wants this game bad soooooo...
    Bama 48
    Jawga 10
    well, certainly no one is going to accuse you of jumping ship or dogging the team. : )

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Shocked on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by davefrat View Post
    well, certainly no one is going to accuse you of jumping ship or dogging the team. : )
    Yeah, not sure how you can say we win by 38 and not be able to afford a turnover
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

If you read my post I don't do that. I'm with you a a few that do. I just posted my view.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by cbi1972 View Post
    Yeah, not sure how you can say we win by 38 and not be able to afford a turnover
    Respectfully I think there was more to it than that.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Alabama 31
    Georgia 20

BamaNation Third Team CrimsonCousin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Doh on TideFans.com

AJ and the Bama Seniors take control early.

Tide 33
    Dawgs 17

BamaNation Second Team CRMSNtide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

like i said before, we've dogded a lot of bullets in the passing game this year, where receivers have been wide open and were either missed by the qb or they dropped the ball...but they were wide open...which means that our coverage wasn't good enough and which also means that a better passing attack would likely have been successful in those wide-open situations. case in point (and i'm not saying this would have affected the outcome of the game at all but it's the most recent glaring example) but the int in the auburn game where the tight end tipped the ball and it was intercepted...the tight end was wide open for about a 20+ gain...if the ball had been thrown well. if we let guys get that wide open against GA, and we don't get pressure on murray, he'll eat us alive on those plays. i'm not saying our pass defense is terrible, but it's rating has been inflated somewhat by the fact that we've allowed guys to be wide open consistently through the season but the other side has not been able to capitalize on it. if we don't get pressure on murray, he will have open receivers and more than likely he'll get the ball to them.
    I do think this years defense has some issues from time to time, it's not as good as last years defense, they were about as perfect as a college defense could be and we lost 4 legit first round picks from that side of the ball.

This years defense is still very good though, only giving up 9 points a game, take away the unique situation of defending A&M and their dual threat QB and nobody has put up any big points on us.

Best o-line in the nation, AJ and Cooper are looking fresh again, we can score on them.

Just a little back and forth between Bama fans here, we all want the same thing, hope i didn't come off like a jerk earlier, i didn't mean it to come out that way.

BamaNation All-American PacadermaTideUs's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Looking at season long performance - both Alabama and Georgia score 13 ppg more than their opponent's defenses have allowed all season. Very even. Defensively, things look a bit different:

Alabama allows 21 fewer points per game than it opponents have scored
    Georgia allows 11 fewer points per game than it opponents have scored

Alabama has never allowed an opponent within 13 points of its average ppg this season, while Georgia has allowed 5 opponents to reach or surpass its ppg average. Georgia has simply not been as consistent. But when Georgia is on its game, its is right there with Alabama defensively.

Using GA's season stats, the final score would be Alabama 28, Georgia 22
    Using Alabama's season stats, the final score would be Alabama 31, Georgia 17

I am going with a score that reflects Alabama and Georgia playing up to their full potentials defensively:

Alabama 24 - Georgia 17
    Good post, but it's actually even a little more in Bama's favor and lower-scoring than your numbers indicate, particularly on offense. This is so because your numbers include games against FCS opponents - not a good measuring stick, because performance against FCS opponents tends to inflate and/or skew stats.

Not including FCS opponents,

Bama s
    cores 10.9 points per game (39.9%) more than its opponents allow.
    Georgia
    scores 9.5 points per game (34.0%) more than its opponents allow.

Bama allows 17.3 points per game (63.2%) less than its opponents have scored.
    Georgia allows 7.3 points per game (29.0%) less than its opponents have scored.

Using Bama's FBS-only offensive/defensive percentages against UGA's FBS offensive/defensive averages, the final score would be Alabama 25, Georgia 14.
    Using UGA's FBS-only offensive/defensive percentages against Bama's FBS offensive/defensive averages, the final score would be Alabama 27, Georgia 14.

The disparity gets even greater, particularly on defense,when you only consider the games against the two teams' five common opponents (Florida Atlantic, Mississippi, Missouri, Tennessee, and Auburn).

In those games...

Bama scores 9.6 points per game (30.1%) more than its opponents allow.
    Georgia
    scores 12.6 points per game (39.5%) more than its opponents allow.

Bama allows 16.0 points per game (64.5%) less than its opponents have scored.
    Georgia allows 6.0 points per game (24.3%) less than its opponents have scored.

Using Bama's offensive/defensive percentages against those five opponents against UGA's offensive/defensive averages against those five opponents, the final score would be Alabama 25, Georgia 16.
    Using UGA's offensive/defensive percentages against those five opponents against Bama's offensive/defensive averages against those five opponents, the final score would be Alabama 32, Georgia 12.

No matter how you seem to look at this game statisti
    cally, on paper anyway, Bama has the edge. And all things considered, a score of around 28-14 looks reasonable. In my prediction (27-17), I nudged it a tad closer simply because I think both teams will come out playing it a bit closer to the vest due to what's at stake (a berth in the NCG). But, statistically anyway, all the trends are remarkably consistent, and decidedly in Bama's favor at around 28-14.

Just wait though... when the game's over with a final s
    core of 49-3, I'll have to remember that that's why they play the game on the field instead of just gather together in a room full of calculators.

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Georgia 24
    Alabama 20

I feel it's going to be a great game with a late drive that seals the deal for the Dawgs.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Alabama 33
    Georgia 10
    This is the beginning of a new day.God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it or or use it for good.What I do today is very important because Im exchanging a day of my life for it.When tommorow comes,this day will be gone forever. Leaving something in its place I have traded for it. I want it to be a gain, not loss - good, not evil. Success, not failure in order that I Shall not forget the price I paid for it.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Bama 27
    Dogs 10

I just don't see Georgia getting more than 10 on our defense unless Aaron Murray gets hot. No hot QB ... you lose to Alabama.