Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Re: Pick the score: Alabama vs. Georgia SECCG

I'm amazed at some of the gloom and doom in this thread, but I guess everyone has an opinion.

I would be more worried if we had been blown out by AM or LSU, but our defense did enough to keep us in the game and give us a chance to win. We won the LSU and lost the AM game. The defense played well after they adjusted. They didn't quit, and they kept us in the game. Our offense wasn't on fire those games, but I believe AJ was hurting. He looked great against the barn. I fully expect our offense to go on long sustained drives. If our guys play to their abilities, no team in the country can beat us. We are more disciplined and better coached.
    Last edited by Jessica4Bama; November 27th, 2012 at 09:50 AM.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:18

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Big A Re: Pick the score: Alabama vs. Georgia SECCG

Bama - 31
    UGA - 17
    Rammer Jammer, Yellow Hammer!!

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

35-14
    Not really based on anything other than watching Ga. a couple of times.
    If we use something like the USCe game plan, it may not be that close.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    One other thing: Remember that in our two toughest games this year against LSU and TAMU both the opposing qbs played lights out.

TAMU was a little different because we had to account for JM's scrambling/rushing abiltiy, but the two passes that he hurt us with the most in the fourth quarter were both thrown at perfect trajectory and location to beat excellent coverage.

Against LSU (which is much more comparable to Georgia), Mett did to us what AJ did to them in NOLA with excellent pinpoint passing very often beating tight coverage.

So although opposing teams have had some open guys running around in the secondary, the point is I think Murray will have to have a great day of throwing the football against us and it is good to know that he has somewhat struggled against the better defensive teams.
    i don't remember exactly, but it seemed like LSU kept a bunch of protection in for Mett, then had a couple of quick designed routes to sit in the holes of our defense. it was a good game plan by them, but it still didn't work and only netted them 17 points. manziel did a lot of his damage to us after he escaped pressure.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

My prediction...

Bama 31
    UGA 20

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

35-10. roll tide roll

BamaNation All-American B1GTide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Looking at season long performance - both Alabama and Georgia score 13 ppg more than their opponent's defenses have allowed all season. Very even. Defensively, things look a bit different:

Alabama allows 21 fewer points per game than it opponents have scored
    Georgia allows 11 fewer points per game than it opponents have scored

Alabama has never allowed an opponent within 13 points of its average ppg this season, while Georgia has allowed 5 opponents to reach or surpass its ppg average. Georgia has simply not been as consistent. But when Georgia is on its game, its is right there with Alabama defensively.

Using GA's season stats, the final score would be Alabama 28, Georgia 22
    Using Alabama's season stats, the final score would be Alabama 31, Georgia 17

I am going with a score that reflects Alabama and Georgia playing up to their full potentials defensively:

Alabama 24 - Georgia 17

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CRMSNtide View Post
    You sound like one of those media pundits that are tired of Bamas success and have talked yourself into thinking UGA is better than the Crimson Tide.

Just because Johnny Football put up some points on Bama doesn't mean we can't defend a good offense.
    We have the best defense in the NCAA, still giving up less than 10 points a game.

If we play Alabama football we will win by 14 or more.
    i don't know what or who i "sound like"...i'm simply giving my opinion. i haven't "talked" myself into anything. i've watched all of our games (most of them multiple times) and our dbs are suspect and our pass rush is downright anemic at times. it's the reason we got burned by both lsu and a&m in the passing game.

the mods may get on me about what i'm about to say, but i've about had it with people who joined the site yesterday getting on here and questioning the loyalty of those among us with thousands of posts and who have been members of this site basically since day one.

anyone who has been on this board forever like i have knows that i'm 100% behind our team, despite the fact that i don't constantly pump sunshine all over the place.

for perspective, coach bryant won 6 national titles at bama...which means he didn't win it the other 19 years he was there. no matter how good coach saban is and no matter how good our team is, we're going to lose games sometimes, and sometimes those losses will come with a lot on the line.

as i said, IF we play lights out pass defense, we win. the problem is we haven't played lights out pass defense against the best teams we've played. and if we don't play lights out pass defense on saturday, we will lose.

BamaNation All-American B1GTide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by davefrat View Post
    as i said, IF we play lights out pass defense, we win. the problem is we haven't played lights out pass defense against the best teams we've played. and if we don't play lights out pass defense on saturday, we will lose.
    Alabama allowed aTm 16 points fewer that its average ppg output - not too shabby. It kept LSU 13 points under it average. Le't say that Alabama keeps Georgia only 14 points below its average - that would have the Bulldogs scoring 24 points in the game. No matter how I calculate Georgia's defensive performance this season, I see only one scenario in which they hold Alabama to fewer than 24 points - Alabama losing the turnover battle in a big way.

Without losing the turnover battle by more than one, Alabama wins this game. It might be tight, but that's what past performance this season indicates - even when only looking at Alabama's worst defensive performances this season.

BamaNation Second Team CRMSNtide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davefrat View Post
    i don't know what or who i "sound like"...i'm simply giving my opinion. i haven't "talked" myself into anything. i've watched all of our games (most of them multiple times) and our dbs are suspect and our pass rush is downright anemic at times. it's the reason we got burned by both lsu and a&m in the passing game.

the mods may get on me about what i'm about to say, but i've about had it with people who joined the site yesterday getting on here and questioning the loyalty of those among us with thousands of posts and who have been members of this site basically since day one.

anyone who has been on this board forever like i have knows that i'm 100% behind our team, despite the fact that i don't constantly pump sunshine all over the place.

for perspective, coach bryant won 6 national titles at bama...which means he didn't win it the other 19 years he was there. no matter how good coach saban is and no matter how good our team is, we're going to lose games sometimes, and sometimes those losses will come with a lot on the line.

Well, we do have the 3rd rated pass defense in the nation, 5th in passing efficiency defense, but somehow we are suspect in coverage?

Also, Georgia played only two top 25 teams this year, lost one and won one.
    They beat Florida, that's their only claim to fame, who else did they beat?
    Ole Miss and Vandy? Please.

I think they're in for a rude awakening, we have an all around good team and the best coach in the nation.

And im not questioning your loyally, i guess you just reminded me of some of the guys on talk radio lately that have been building up Georgia as a more talented, better team than Alabama, im just not seeing it.
    Last edited by CRMSNtide; November 27th, 2012 at 12:04 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well said davefrat, there seems to be an abundance of those posters who question or call out members with differing opinions now days. If I recall this is a discussion board that welcomes divergent opinions as long as people remain civil. I am wih you on this.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    Well said davefrat, there seems to be an abundance of those posters who question or call out members with differing opinions now days. If I recall this is a discussion board that welcomes divergent opinions as long as people remain civil. I am wih you on this.
    I agree. Thanks for expressing the opinion, Dave.

We can't win them all. We should win Saturday, but that doesn't mean we will.

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Shocked on TideFans.com

When was there ever a big game without a bunch of hand wringing?
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe